i took my storm off the charger at 8:30 am was at the hospital in the waiting room playing tiltris, aces mahjong, word mole, and listened to music and did light smsing, from 9 - 2pm i had to do 4 battery pulls from completely random freezes not only did i have to do batt pulls my batt was draind by 5pm today .. at 3 i went to the gym when again i was playing music and it completely froze while in the holster... the majority of the freezing took place while in the holster. i just downgraded to .76 the official and im not goin to update again until the next official release. This happen to anyone else ?
    01-27-09 04:33 PM
    i took my storm off the charger at 8:30 am was at the hospital in the waiting room playing tiltris, aces mahjong, word mole, and listened to music and did light smsing, from 9 - 2pm i had to do 4 battery pulls from completely random freezes not only did i have to do batt pulls my batt was draind by 5pm today .. at 3 i went to the gym when again i was playing music and it completely froze while in the holster... the majority of the freezing took place while in the holster. i just downgraded to .76 the official and im not goin to update again until the next official release. This happen to anyone else ?
    Same here my phone usually rebooted in my pocket with .90.. not sure why i had NO apps loaded on it. Again most were in my pocket after a short period of time and not while i was using it.
    01-27-09 04:37 PM
    I've had 4 random reboots, first one while playing music, second happened when I received an SMS as did the third, and the fourth happened while it was just sitting there. Other than those, .90 has been running fine for me. I use the camera workaround and haven't had any issues there.
    01-27-09 04:39 PM
    exactly what im dealing with. random .. sms .. music ..games
    01-27-09 04:48 PM
    90 sux go back to 86....and juss wait hopefully with all our complaining they bring out the new os sooon
    01-27-09 04:51 PM
    turn off memory cleaning. ever since i did that no lockups from holster use.
    01-27-09 06:16 PM
    out of all the days I had .90 today was also HORRIBLE.

I got 1(maybe more) in holster restart (got VZOD/ media card inserted error)

got the error 2 other times. phone was pretty laggy some parts of the day and I got 4 app 523 errors.
    01-27-09 06:26 PM
    turn off memory cleaning. ever since i did that no lockups from holster use.
    nice suggestion, any theory behind it?
    01-28-09 07:57 PM
    Yeah some times for me I pull it out of the holster and see the reboot screen then get the verizon screen of death. So in a good day I'm doing like 5 battery pulls. going back down to .86
    01-29-09 06:57 AM
    So far I'm just getting lock ups with word mole, and reboots with music. I've only had .90 for three days though.
    01-29-09 08:52 AM
    Also downgraded. .76 was a little slower than .86 but everything works (BT w/ video playback) and no bugs.

The rests appeared to be random and also very often when the phone was not being used. I was far more concerned about the re-boots and lockups when I got e-mails. I just don't have the luxury of waiting 15-20 minutes to respond to some e-mails and an e-mail from an important client or share partner that causes a reset followed by one or more VSOD created more stress and panic at those times than it was worth the speed. But ohh, I miss the speed.
    01-29-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD