i have a storm 2 the best phone i have had. i amleaving t-mobile and going to sprint. do sprint have a phone like the storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kelleher2; 06-16-10 at 10:18 AM.
    06-16-10 10:14 AM
    No

anything else?
    06-16-10 10:15 AM
    Congrats and thank you for keeping us updated. Storm is only Verizon unless you get it unlocked.
    06-16-10 10:19 AM
    Sprint has no touchscreen BlackBerry, but they do have the HTC EVO 4G.
    06-16-10 10:22 AM
    Congrats and thank you for keeping us updated. Storm is only Verizon unless you get it unlocked.
    Sprint will not allow VZW phones to be used on their network. CDMA carriers only allow devices with their own branding to be used. So, no Sprint phones on VZW either.
    06-16-10 10:24 AM
    Like the storm as touch screen bb..no
    Like the storm with the surepress..no
    like the storm that it's a bb..yes
    like the storm because it's a touch screen..yes
    06-16-10 10:26 AM
    i have a storm 2 the best phone i have had. i amleaving t-mobile and going to sprint. do sprint have a phone like the storm?

Is there any reason you're picking sprint? Why don't you go to Verizon if you like the storm?

06-16-10 10:38 AM
    Sprint will not allow VZW phones to be used on their network. CDMA carriers only allow devices with their own branding to be used. So, no Sprint phones on VZW either.
    interesting, did not know that.
    06-16-10 11:20 AM
    interesting, did not know that.
    The CDMA carriers have databases with all the ESNs. They know which phones have their branding based on the database and only allow those on their network.
    06-16-10 11:27 AM

Sprint network was crappy when I was on it. Go with VZ
    06-16-10 11:31 AM
    Sprint = 4G evo, anything else would be nuts
    06-16-10 11:44 AM
    Going to Verizon might be your best option, if you want to stick with the Storm2. If you are set on Sprint, then you need to get the 9650, or switch over to another platform, for example Android, and go with the Evo, 4G as LAK suggested, it's a pretty cool phone. Another option would be to wait for the release of the BB Slider which may (or may not) be coming to Sprint. (rumor says it's coming)
    06-16-10 11:46 AM
    Sprint = 4G evo, anything else would be nuts
    isn't that one of the few phones that has trouble with the screen ?

Users report screen separation on EVO 4G - SlashGear
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-16-10 at 11:49 AM.
    06-16-10 11:46 AM
    isn't that one of the few phones that has trouble with the screen ?

Users report screen separation on EVO 4G - SlashGear
    As I remember, there were a lot of screen issues with the Storm at first, but it turned out OK.
    06-16-10 02:20 PM
    Sprint is pushing the EVO 4G which is alot better than the Storm 2..
    06-16-10 02:25 PM
    The one drawback to that is that 4G access is a mandatory $10 add-on to your Sprint wireless bill for the HTC EVO, even if you don’t live in an area currently served by 4G and rarely (or never) travel to a 4G city.

The EVO can be particularly hard on batteries, though. That’s due to a lot of powerful extra features, a bunch of preloaded Sprint, HTC, and Android software that runs in the background, and the 4G connection.
    Last edited by romman; 06-16-10 at 03:01 PM.
    06-16-10 02:59 PM
    As I remember, there were a lot of screen issues with the Storm at first, but it turned out OK.
    the S2 is fine, but the S1 kinda sucked. Anyone with an EVO with issues is probably not a happy camper, any more than us S1 owners were...
    06-16-10 04:16 PM
    the S2 is fine, but the S1 kinda sucked. Anyone with an EVO with issues is probably not a happy camper, any more than us S1 owners were...
    If you are willing to wait for the next best android, the droid X comes out next month and tops the EVO specs just slightly. But that is only if you are looking for the current most "cool" device.
    06-16-10 04:21 PM
    If you are willing to wait for the next best android, the droid X comes out next month and tops the EVO specs just slightly. But that is only if you are looking for the current most "cool" device.
    nah, I'm not into frequently changing phones. besides, if it doesn't have BBM, I'm not interested. that's one of the main reasons I wanted a BB.
    06-16-10 04:33 PM
    Both my S1 and S2 have been fine, but there were LOTS of reports early on for both the S1 and S2. As I remember, you returned and waited awhile before coming back to the Storm, as well as trying to get a new one for a screen issue just a few months ago. I'm sure the EVO will be fine when HTC addresses the issues for those having the problem.
    06-16-10 05:19 PM
    Both my S1 and S2 have been fine, but there were LOTS of reports early on for both the S1 and S2. As I remember, you returned and waited awhile before coming back to the Storm, as well as trying to get a new one for a screen issue just a few months ago. I'm sure the EVO will be fine when HTC addresses the issues for those having the problem.
    yep. In april 09 I got an S1. In fact I had two of them. Got a refund on day 8 due to numerous OS issues. Late in 09 I got an S2 and had some trouble. Gave up after roughly a week. Fast forward to this year, and due to my wife's intermittent whining about missing the Storm2, I caved and got another pair. I've done nothing differently, but the phones have been MUCH BETTER behaved. I have basically the same apps and use the phone in the same manner. No more spontaneous reboots (other than one isolated incident about a week ago--sigh) as before. Fingers crossed, and knock on wood, but so far, our most recent S2's are treating us extraordinarily well--polar opposites of what the earlier ones did!
    06-16-10 05:55 PM
    nah, I'm not into frequently changing phones. besides, if it doesn't have BBM, I'm not interested. that's one of the main reasons I wanted a BB.
    Who said anything about frequently switching phones? I've had my Droid for five months and am not looking to upgrade at least until my annual upgrade. And the people who upgrade phones more than once a year make up probably less than 5% of the consumer market.

Oh, and high end Android phones get updates quick. The Droid already had two within its release and rooted Droids now have 2.2 (which is awesome might I had).

And to the OP, I definitely recommend trying out the EVO 4G on Sprint.
    06-17-10 08:02 AM
    Who said anything about frequently switching phones?
    who was talking to you?
    06-17-10 10:02 AM
    who was talking to you?
    If anything, it's you BB users who are constantly looking to switch. Not even 6 months after the Storm 2 released, many of you were anticipating the launch of the Storm 3. Same goes for the 9650 and the 9800. I sense insecurity.
    06-17-10 12:06 PM
    If anything, it's you BB users who are constantly looking to switch. Not even 6 months after the Storm 2 released, many of you were anticipating the launch of the Storm 3. Same goes for the 9650 and the 9800. I sense insecurity.

Have you not paid ANY attention to ANYTHING I've written on this forum?? Good god man, I'm not looking to replace my Storm. I LIKE my storm. You have me confused with a bunch of malcontents who keep coming to the STorm forum to talk up other phones (which SHOULD fall under the guise of "troll", IMO)
    06-17-10 12:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD