Bring it on, buddy.

No way any phone is an investment unless you plate it in gold. It's a capital expense, and it depreciates so fast you could never call it an investment. You can't even call it a bad investment
    02-23-10 02:58 PM
    Now that's impressive. You've certainly earned our respect. LOL. But no matter how hard you try, you can't turn your 200 dollar piece of plastic into an investment.

BTW I have Pader-Sync products and I can control my LAN and do pretty much anything I want wirelessly. Isn't technology amazing?
    I think you're confused about the nature of investment. You invest money into a device, with an expectation to get the best return of time, enjoyment, and productivity for your buck. There are more types of returns than just money, Holmes. A smartphone is an investment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 02:58 PM
    You can try all you want to justify your expenses, but the terms mean what they mean.

A cellphone isn't an investment.
    02-23-10 03:00 PM
    You can try all you want to justify your expenses, but the terms mean what they mean.

Dude. We're talking about reality here, not how you would record your purchase in an accrual based balance sheet.

02-23-10 03:07 PM
    Semantics boys and girls. Pure semantics!
    02-23-10 03:07 PM
    Semantics boys and girls. Pure semantics!
    Agreed.

02-23-10 03:09 PM
    I use my BlackBerry to conduct research for school projects while on the go. I use it to keep me connected to people I know and people important in my life and to collaborate with them by sharing documents and other information without the need of a computer. I keep my personal life separated from school and work with the aid of my BlackBerry thanks to its excellent calendar that I can update over the air wherever I am. My BlackBerry allows me to be ahead of others, it allows me to always be on the edge and know about the very latest happenings in the World.

With this powerful a tool it is wrong to say it isn't an investment. I've gained something much more important than money. The feeling I get when I can do something while waiting for my train to arrive without telling others to wait for me to arrive, it's truly a great feeling.
    02-23-10 03:12 PM
    I use my BlackBerry to conduct research for school projects while on the go. I use it to keep me connected to people I know and people important in my life and to collaborate with them by sharing documents and other information without the need of a computer. I keep my personal life separated from school and work with the aid of my BlackBerry thanks to its excellent calendar that I can update over the air wherever I am. My BlackBerry allows me to be ahead of others, it allows me to always be on the edge and know about the very latest happenings in the World.

With this powerful a tool it is wrong to say it isn't an investment. I've gained something much more important than money. The feeling I get when I can do something while waiting for my train to arrive without telling others to wait for me to arrive, it's truly a great feeling.
    well thank you for the explanation I agree with you 100% even if were on different platforms
    02-23-10 04:08 PM
    I did exactly that. Im typing on a nexus one as we speak. I love it, it just doesn't have a lot to offer in the games department right now. I complain because I want the consumer market share to shift, along with the apparently developers.

That's awesome I'm getting the nexus once it's compatible with the Att network as a back up, look everyone don't take it personally I'm a rational person but this fonage guy is an ***** I have nothing against the rest of you, he just doesn't have a valuable argument
    02-23-10 04:11 PM
    Zomfg Apple restricts its users abilities to think for themselves. Those nazis!

02-25-10 08:51 PM
    Zomfg Apple restricts its users abilities to think for themselves. Those nazis!

02-25-10 09:48 PM
    21 Million people, roughly. And that's an old figure.

History is full of examples of millions of people commiting the same stupid act.

President Obama was elected after all....

03-02-10 01:25 PM

I buy "cellphones" then sell them for double what I pay for all the time, could that be considered an investment?
    04-06-10 01:22 PM
    You asked me why I was bothered by this, Brandon, and ill tell you:

Part of me is kind of jealous. I don't want an iPhone because of these kinds of restrictions, but so many people have iPhones that's where the developers go. Have you seen street fighter 4 for the iPhone? Its sick. I want to play grand theft auto in my office without anyone knowing, but I can't because I can't bring myself to buy an iPhone.

I want cool apps and I don't want any restrictions. Why? Because I'm an American and I want to have my cake and eat it too. Believe me, I see the irony (or hypocrisy) in calling the iPhone a toy and wanting it only for that reason.

Why not buy an iTouch, jailbreak it (or not), download Street Fighter and Grand Theft Auto, play them to your heart's content, and still enjoy your BlackBerry?

Nobody ever claimed that BlackBerry was a killer gaming platform. It sucks for gaming, but that's not why I have a BlackBerry.

04-06-10 01:46 PM
    Gizmodo Post Detail

This gets better and better. This time they've decided to ban an app from a Pulitzer Prize winning political cartoonist.

I've said it before; I am aware that Apple is a corporation, not a government, and they are free to publish or dismiss content that they deem objectionable. After all, this is a free country, which means I am free to tell those Orwellian d-bags to shove it. Its a shame, because the iPhone really is a great device, and will only get better with iPhone 4 OS. I just can't get behind a company who decides that their customers are sheep, and can't be trusted with political cartoons. It frustrates me that such a large base of smartphone users don't demand more.

04-15-10 02:45 PM
    iPhone owns but it's on a crippled network.

iPhone + Verizon = $$$ for Apple (don't like Apple tho)

Android + Verizon = Great Smartphone on Great Network!
    04-15-10 08:26 PM
    It's all about control and restrictions with Apple. They don't call it "jail" breaking for nothing.
    04-17-10 05:05 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD