It's official. Ol' Jobsy decided you weren't mature enough to see women in bikini's. Jesus.

I was a constant defender of the iPhone until they pulled this. I feel it's a capable and intuitive device, and always got a bad rap from Apple-haters. I understand it's their app store, and they are free to do with it what they please. But the fact that some kid's whiny mother dictates what you are able to do with your phone is hysterical.

I don't have an iPhone, but if I did, I would feel like I was in junior high and the principal just found my Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Edition.

What a joke.
    02-23-10 12:06 PM
    What does that have to do with the device, as much as I agree with the title of your post?
    02-23-10 12:17 PM
    i know,,,this has nothing to do with the device - -*
    02-23-10 12:48 PM
    Well fellas, I don't know if you knew this or not, but applications are kind of a big deal right now. Its the reason iPhone is so popular.

Unless you jailbreak the iPhone, there is only one place to get apps, the app store. Since the iPhone app store thinks you are a horny 12 year old, then that must be a twelve year olds toy in your hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 01:03 PM
    I didn't realize non-jailbroken iPhones were locked into the app store.

L...O....L !! !! !!

This just keeps getting better.

Who would be stupid enough to buy a phone where you can only get apps from the manufacturer? Is this a first in recorded history?
    02-23-10 01:07 PM
    This is what keeps me from buying any Apple product. Apple wants everyone to buy everything from them, whether it be hardware or software.
    02-23-10 01:13 PM
    I'm an apple user and although I'm not bothered by the apple hate going on in a storm thread what is the point in this one, if you don't own an iPhone or never have why does this bother you? Or are you just practicing your right to freedom of speech.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-23-10 at 01:22 PM.
    02-23-10 01:18 PM
    I didn't realize non-jailbroken iPhones were locked into the app store.

L...O....L !! !! !!

This just keeps getting better.

Who would be stupid enough to buy a phone where you can only get apps from the manufacturer? Is this a first in recorded history?
    21 Million people, roughly. And that's an old figure.

02-23-10 01:21 PM
    I'm an apple user and although I'm not bothered by the apple hate going on in a storm thread what is the point in this one, if you don't own an iPhone or never have why does this bother you? Or are you just practicing your right to freedom of speech.
    Why does anyone discuss anything? Transference of knowledge and opinions.

02-23-10 01:24 PM
    I definitely learned something today. Thanks again, I'll add it to my .sig True though it should probably be moved to Rants.
    02-23-10 01:29 PM
    I definitely learned something today. Thanks again, I'll add it to my .sig True though it should probably be moved to Rants.
    Yea with nothing concerning the blackberry storm this needs to be moved, and yes to date 75 million people and counting were as you say stupid enough to by this device.
    02-23-10 01:36 PM
    More than 75 million people also believed the earth was flat, etc. Your argument is a fallacy.
    02-23-10 01:38 PM
    More than 75 million people also believed the earth was flat, etc. Your argument is a fallacy.
    Lol friend that didn't make them stupid it made them ignorant to the fact it wasn't, what ignorance are you claiming the iPhone user has for purchasing this device. Also you have over 400 post I'm surprised you were ignorant to the fact unbroken iPhones were locked into the app store it's one of the biggest pet peeves of iPhone haters, and looking at your signature your clearly in that crowd.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-23-10 at 01:44 PM.
    02-23-10 01:42 PM
    There were enough technical issues to dismiss the iPhone, I didn't need to know about the social engineering to consider it unworthy. Of course, every little bit helps

In all seriousness, I don't care about the iPhone enough to hate it. What I do hate is silly, Apples and BlackBerrys comparisons of two obviously different devices. The day the iPhone fanboys stop trying to do this, I'll gladly take down my sig
    Last edited by F0nage; 02-23-10 at 01:56 PM.
    02-23-10 01:54 PM
    Lol friend that didn't make them stupid it made them ignorant to the fact it wasn't, what ignorance are you claiming the iPhone user has for purchasing this device. Also you have over 400 post I'm surprised you were ignorant to the fact unbroken iPhones were locked into the app store it's one of the biggest pet peeves of iPhone haters, and looking at your signature your clearly in that crowd.
    Relax, Brandon. Obviously I'm being dramatic and sensationalist. I think the iPhone is a perfectly capable device for an adult. And no, this does not need to be moved. You are, in fact, in the off-topic lounge.

02-23-10 01:55 PM
    There were enough technical issues to dismiss the iPhone, I didn't need to know about the social engineering to consider it unworthy. Of course, every little bit helps

In all seriousness, I don't care about the iPhone enough to hate it. What I do hate is silly, Apples and BlackBerrys comparisons of two obviously different devices. The day the iPhone fanboys stop trying to do this, I'll gladly take down my sig
    It's funny how you think it's a one way street, your whole fanboy claim, you should really scroll through a few threads to see how plagued this site is with fanboy's. To call iPhone users stupid, you don't seem to bright yourself. If you go through crackberry and look at all the iPhone vs blackberry threads most aren't started by iPhone users or (fanboy's) at all, it's usually a thread like this started by a BB user calling the iPhone a toy and iPhone user chiming in like me.
    02-23-10 02:08 PM
    Relax, Brandon. Obviously I'm being dramatic and sensationalist. I think the iPhone is a perfectly capable device for an adult. And no, this does not need to be moved. You are, in fact, in the off-topic lounge.

Not bothered by you at all your entitled to your opinion, but the arguments this other guy is making are just silly.
    02-23-10 02:09 PM
    You asked me why I was bothered by this, Brandon, and ill tell you:

Part of me is kind of jealous. I don't want an iPhone because of these kinds of restrictions, but so many people have iPhones that's where the developers go. Have you seen street fighter 4 for the iPhone? Its sick. I want to play grand theft auto in my office without anyone knowing, but I can't because I can't bring myself to buy an iPhone.

I want cool apps and I don't want any restrictions. Why? Because I'm an American and I want to have my cake and eat it too. Believe me, I see the irony (or hypocrisy) in calling the iPhone a toy and wanting it only for that reason.

02-23-10 02:24 PM
    Anybody who thinks a cellphone is an investment has no business attempting to assess the intelligence of anybody else

You're doing fine all by yourself there, buddy
    02-23-10 02:25 PM
    You asked me why I was bothered by this, Brandon, and ill tell you:

Part of me is kind of jealous. I don't want an iPhone because of these kinds of restrictions, but so many people have iPhones that's where the developers go. Have you seen street fighter 4 for the iPhone? Its sick. I want to play grand theft auto in my office without anyone knowing, but I can't because I can't bring myself to buy an iPhone.

I want cool apps and I don't want any restrictions. Why? Because I'm an American and I want to have my cake and eat it too. Believe me, I see the irony (or hypocrisy) in calling the iPhone a toy and wanting it only for that reason.

Totally understandable but why bash the iPhone when you can easily jump onbto android which is a great budding platform with an open app store market, that would surely fix your problem.
    02-23-10 02:40 PM
    Anybody who thinks a cellphone is an investment has no business attempting to assess the intelligence of anybody else

You're doing fine all by yourself there, buddy
    and your ignorance shines ever so bright again, I don't own a cellphone I own a smartphone that I spent over 200 dollars on that I expect to keep me connected to work while on airplanes to Germany, trips to Iraq among other things my job wants me to do so yes I do consider it an investment what cell phone do you know can wirelessly access my work computer to receive emails pushed to it? I don't know any personally. It's called a smartphone for a reason wether you think it's a toy or not.
    02-23-10 02:46 PM
    Now that's impressive. You've certainly earned our respect. LOL. But no matter how hard you try, you can't turn your 200 dollar piece of plastic into an investment.

BTW I have Pader-Sync products and I can control my LAN and do pretty much anything I want wirelessly. Isn't technology amazing?
    02-23-10 02:50 PM
    Totally understandable but why bash the iPhone when you can easily jump onbto android which is a great budding platform with an open app store market, that would surely fix your problem.
    I did exactly that. Im typing on a nexus one as we speak. I love it, it just doesn't have a lot to offer in the games department right now. I complain because I want the consumer market share to shift, along with the apparently developers.

02-23-10 02:53 PM
    Now that's impressive. You've certainly earned our respect. LOL. But no matter how hard you try, you can't turn your 200 dollar piece of plastic into an investment.

BTW I have Pader-Sync products and I can control my LAN and do pretty much anything I want wirelessly. Isn't technology amazing?
    Definition 1

In finance, the purchase of a financial product or other item of value with an expectation of favorable future returns. In general terms, investment means the use money in the hope of making more money.

That's the definition for you so you can understand why the iPhone is an investment. I would never bash your nokia, there a great company work wide and I own an E72 but just because they are a good company and make good smartphones every now and then does not mean the iPhone isn't a great device itself, why do you think people like you Nash it so much? Because orlf you resent to the public for liking it. Don't be angry just go with the flow man.
    02-23-10 02:55 PM
    A couple of things,

First, ALL OF YOU, start drinking decaffeinated coffee from now on. Oh, and F0nage, a smartphone is an investment. Say otherwise and I'll flame you to death

Second, the iPhone is a smartphone. HOWEVER, Apple themselves do not tout it as one, instead they make it bold that it is an app phone. Nothing less.

Now can we all just relax? Look, it's like the age old Mac vs PC debate... people on both camps are extremely ignorant and most who talk s**t of the other have never even touched or seen what they are talking about.
    02-23-10 02:56 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD