First the Storm came out with .65 with resounding BBOOOOOOOS!!! from the crowd and .75 was born about a week or so later. Then .85 was leaked and .86 followed suit a week later followed yet again by .90.

I guess based on them holding off on releasing the next OS update I am going to say they are really looking into the details and really tweaking it. At least I hope they are.
    01-26-09 10:53 PM
    Should be moved to OS subforum. But, yea next official OS should be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 10:59 PM
    I hope so too. I like that thought a lot because I love my storm but reading the horror stories, it frightens me to think that, that stuff really happened to peoples devices! I hope you're having a good experience with yours :-)
    01-26-09 10:59 PM
    To be quite honest with you I have had a pretty good experience with my Storm thus far. I ordered it in mid December and it arrived brand new from the factory with .75 loaded.

The most annoying issue is really the whole business with the damn memory leak. When memory runs too low you will notice that the touch screen will not respond as crisply and quickly and it affects typing speed. Battery pulls fix this but I mean when programs are open memory should be lower (obviously) but when you close programs the memory should bounce right back up to it's usual standby.
    01-26-09 11:04 PM
    I hope they release it soon, there honestly are bad problems on .90 eventhough it has good features.
    01-26-09 11:11 PM
    Well if they release it soon I am guessing we will be getting .90 or a very close variant of it. Based on your comment I think you would want them to take their time lol.
    01-26-09 11:14 PM
    .90 will most likely not be released there is a critical bug that causes random reboots. However I agree they are close, Here's hoping .91 or .92 make it!

01-26-09 11:30 PM
    I just want a solid, stable OS so that the people that are having major issues won't have them anymore. But as far as my storm is concerned, besides a hiccup here or there, everything has been pretty darn good :-) If you're having issues with memory leakage and/or typing speed I'd suggest this post (link below) or even searching the forums for more advice on the topics. I followed that post and my storms been performing a lot better :-)

forums dot crackberry dot com/f135/dramatically-improve-your-storm-few-simple-steps-116539/
    01-26-09 11:32 PM
    I too have had a pretty pleasing experience with .75. I'm too scared to use any leaked OS. I too hope to see the primo release that they sew fit to brand official, no rush necessary though we see what that can precipitate.
    01-26-09 11:53 PM
    Any improvements would be welcome, but so far .75 is alright with me. No major complaints considering I knew ahead of time what I was buying.
    01-27-09 01:20 AM
    I hope it turns out good but they should at least give us some new themes for making us wait so long just to have a stable phone.

01-27-09 01:44 AM
    .75 is what the phone should have been released with....but its still not up to par. this phone is great....but if it worked flawlessly, i would say that it would be a dominant competitor in the G1...iPhone market....but as of now....its kinda just hanging back in the shadows because hte phone although it works....is just laggy....

if i want to answer the phone...THE MOST VITAL PART of the device....i hit the answer button or the send button...and theres a 5 second delay....once they get these vital bugs worked out...the phone will truley shine
    01-27-09 02:10 AM
    .92 Ultimate Edition or .91 Home Premium? This "RIM" admission wreaks of M$ rushing Vi$ta to market, knowing VzW, they will want $10 for the upgrade to .95 Business Edition!!!
    01-27-09 03:29 AM
    either cooking something really good or putting out a massive fire in the kitchen
    01-27-09 05:49 AM
    I think there is a fire in the kitchen and they are still trying to find water...
    01-27-09 05:51 AM
    Theres a rat in me kitchen, wot am a gonna do
    01-27-09 07:09 AM
    @johnny b ylt

lol *try to reload 4.7.0.65* lol
    01-27-09 07:37 AM
    FYI: RIM isn't the one who officially releases a OS. That is up to the carrier.

01-27-09 07:47 AM
    it is RIM that writes the bugs..i mean code

and verizon is stuck supporting it. I don't blame verizon at all besides launching it early

I think most would say that VZW has done a GREAT job-they've exchanged phones, given refunds, and everything. it's not their fault the code is still buggy
    01-27-09 08:04 AM
    have you tried using the voice record in .90 ? It doesn't work/save file... This is just ONE of the MANY issues. They are working on them and the proof is in these builds.

If one thing doesn't work then Verizon WILL NOT use it.
    01-27-09 08:27 AM
    i have a feeling we might get a leak today (i hope). although i am still loving .90 im still eager for improvents
    01-27-09 08:32 AM
    Rim and Verizon can have all the leaks they want. By the time they get the OS working properly, they'll be so much dust behind your screen you'll won't be able to see it working. LOL They need to work on the hardware problems going forward. Can't believe they haven't fixed the dust issue yet. Even the newer ones now are still having dust problems. WAKE UP RIM AND LET'S START WITH THE HARDWARE ISSUES FIRST.
    01-27-09 09:04 AM
    Should be moved to OS subforum. But, yea next official OS should be nice.

Yep, I don't mind waiting another month or two for a GOOD official OS.

I would like a new beta leak however so I can come here and b*itch about it again. And the phone of course.

You guys do realise that it could almost be considered a strategy huh? Put something on the market way to effing early and have the whole wide world talk sh*it about it. To then release a software update for it which makes the device so unbelievably incredible.... so that even the people who would otherwise never have heard of the storm are even going to try it.
    And then RIM would be able to say: na na nahna na: told you so!!! :P

BUT if RIM is.wants.does.can spin it that way.... Idon't think so. Would be nice though. ;-) Having this phone do my laundry, ironing, vacuumcleaning, do the grocerys, perform oral s*x. Hmmm.... RIM please hurry up!!
    01-27-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD