i get the : "You cannot update your software using this system......Contact administrator" or w/e error, then open up app loader again and it turns my phone off and says "connecting to boot ROM, then after a while an error comes up saying my phones not connected. i dont know any other work arounds, this is frustrating
    06-01-09 01:04 AM
    i get the : "You cannot update your software using this system......Contact administrator" or w/e error, then open up app loader again and it turns my phone off and says "connecting to boot ROM, then after a while an error comes up saying my phones not connected. i dont know any other work arounds, this is frustrating
    have you tried the JL_CMDR to wipe your device?
    06-01-09 01:25 AM
    Did you try the OTA update method? That worked for me and I am on BES
    06-01-09 09:17 AM
    I had the same issue. Failed at "Connecting to boot ROM". Failed to connect to the ARM. I was upgrading on a Vista dual-core laptop. Out of desperation (2 hours of retrying), I hooked it up to another Vista dual-core machine which had never seen anything Blackberry before, and IT WORKED. Theory is that it has something to do with an old version of the desktop manager that left something around, but I haven't verified it yet. If you can get your hands on another PC, try it.
    06-01-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD