Well, after three days of playing, I gotta say that overall, I'm pretty happy with my new Storm. It certainly offers a lot more than my old 8703e, and as with anything new, there was a little bit of a learning curve.

But after playing with it, and having to do the "normal" business related things I did with my 8703e, I rather like the new device.

The nice thing is, I think it's going to be even better once more apps are developed specifically for the touch OS.

I'm not sayin' - I'm just sayin'.
    11-24-08 02:45 PM
    I love mine! It's great

can't wait for some more customizable things (themes, apps, etc) are available!
    11-24-08 02:54 PM
    I love my Storm.

and i think we need more threads like this from satisfied useres
    11-24-08 03:16 PM
    I''m happy as well. The Storm is my first Blackberry device and first smartphone and I couldn't be happier.
    11-24-08 03:22 PM
    I love everything about the device so far, except typing. That will take time to become more comfortable with the SureTouch method.
    11-24-08 03:39 PM
    SureType is tough for me too, but I love the phone. I probably don't count though.. I've used a "dumb" phone all my life. I'm not really sure how I lived without email / IM on my phone before
    11-24-08 03:56 PM
    I love the phone. said it a bunch and will say it again. "Keyboard" took some getting used to but its working well now
    11-24-08 03:59 PM
    Got mine at the local Verizon on Saturday.
    My previous phone was the 8830. After playing with it a lot the last couple days and getting more used to it, I can definitely say I am happier with the Storm than I was with the 8830. I have had none of the lag problems or keyboard issues that have been mentioned here, though (knock on wood). Very happy I made the switch.
    11-24-08 04:01 PM
    I love my Storm. My brother hates his because of SureType which is weird because he loved his Pearl. He wants to be able to do multitap on a SureType keyboard, is that possible? When you switch to multitap on the Storm it uses a T9 keyboard.
    11-24-08 04:02 PM
    I just want some of the lag issues fixed. Other than that I am happy with it. Hopefully, a firmware update will fix the issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 04:03 PM
    I love this phone, I'm not too good with SureType yet, I am a big texter, but I found typing in landscape mode very easy for me, no other problems for me on that note (knock on wood)
    11-24-08 04:19 PM
    I've been playing with it since Friday and i like it more and more. I agree that once the apps start rolling out the phone will be even better.
    11-24-08 04:26 PM
    I love my storm..I actually look forward to getting texts and find myself textinh people for no reasons whatsoever

11-24-08 04:33 PM
    Well, I hate FEDEX! My phone was supposed to be here TODAY!!! I see that is was in their facility last night. Now its been there all day today (Don't they know its killing me!!!???). The FEDex tracking says delivery tomorrow by 7pm!!!! Come on.....I want to post on this thread.... I LOVE my STORM too....
    11-24-08 04:40 PM
    Never had a BB before. Wasn't too sure about it when I got it out of the box, but now, two days later (and with a lot of help from this forum) I think its fantastic !!

Couldn't and wouldn't go back to the phones I was using before !!

I did have a problem with a bit of lagging, but I uninstalled viiago (or whatever its called) that I downloaded and I've got no problems at all...

Keyboard is fine - takes some getting used to, and the layout and functionallity is great - so easy once you get your head round it !

I can understand why people don't like it when they play with it in the shop - this is a phone that can't be evalulated in 10 minutes !!

I notice that the majority of people slagging it off haven't actually got one !

Leave these people to get on with their rants about something they don't own and tried properly and get on enjoying the Storm !

Thanks RIM !
    11-24-08 04:42 PM
    I am liking it too.

Has anybody else noticed a change in theirs over the past couple days? I swear it seems to have gotten a little faster since Saturday. I know a software update is definitely going to improve the overall function, but mine seems to be working better in the transition from portrait to landscape.
    11-24-08 04:49 PM
    I am certainly digging this device....after the desktop manager did an update I dunno what it did but it's blazing now. Just got the new Blackberry holster...this is very nice and it puts the Storm to sleep!
    11-24-08 04:55 PM
    After 24 hour with my storm I'm happy over all with the transition from curve to storm.
    I due hope the hardware holds up though. The software can only get better one would hope.

11-24-08 04:56 PM
    Like I keep on saying.. after all my posts.. what is the Problem? I love my STORM!!!
    I am super happy with mine.. scrolling and typing was just a learning curve.. I think this phone is the S***T!!! IT ROCKS!!!
    11-24-08 04:59 PM
    im very happy as well

gotta love that media player + 8GB included micro SD card.

I have an 800 song library complete w/ album art on the storm.

can u say better ipod touch!
    11-24-08 05:04 PM

Has anybody else noticed a change in theirs over the past couple days? I swear it seems to have gotten a little faster since Saturday. I know a software update is definitely going to improve the overall function, but mine seems to be working better in the transition from portrait to landscape.
    Yes, it has definetly got faster !
    11-25-08 03:28 AM
    I love this thing! I wish people would give it some more time. I am still trying to get used to it, but from the beginning, I knew what I was getting into and did not expect "perfection". It only gets better for me everyday!
    11-25-08 05:22 AM
    I am liking it too.

Dalton, I don't think the phone has gotten faster. You've gotten faster!

I've had mine since Friday, and everyday I like it more and more. There is definately a learning curve with this phone, but once you figure it out, it is truly an amazing device.

Last night I was showing it to a friend who had a touch Treo (don't know which model). He was just stunned by this phone. I'm sure next time I see him, he will have a Storm.

And, maybe I just got lucky, but I really don't understand this "lag" issue. I have no delay or lag with my phone at all. It does what I ask with no delays.
    11-25-08 07:05 AM
    I was a little frustrated with mine at first, but once I closed all of the bazillion running apps (and actually close them when I exit, not just hit the end button), and learned to hit the screen before taking it out of lock, I have had zero problems.

I've never had a Blackberry before, so there was a serious learning curve involved. Once I did some reasearch, and actually learned how things work, I'm actually very happy with it.
    11-25-08 07:20 AM
    It is nice to see a thread where people actually enjoy their storm. I should be getting mine today. I went to the store and played with one for about 1/2 hr yesterday and didn't experience the lag or difficulty typing if I stayed within the correct half of the full keyboard.
    11-25-08 07:24 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD