What verizon phone would you get in place of the store?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If it was me, I would get the 8330

12-07-08 11:25 AM
    Ok so alot of people have chimed in now to everyone who has positive things to say thank you very much thats why I came here to get your input. I came here to see if things will get better with the storm since I dont know how blackberry is with the further development with there phones. I did not come here for someone else to tell me to keep it or not, Yes that is my decison and only one I can make. Thanks LikeNoOther for the input. It is easy to hide on the internet and stand up to someone, I know that if this were face to face they wouldnt say these things trust me on that. I wasnt stating my price to rub it in I see as did the last poster see people say how much they paid all over the place. But here is what I was wondering in the first place and I believe it came out wrong, I thought to my self I got a great price should that outway the lag and it freezing??? That is how my question was supposed to be posed. Now I cant spell and my gramar sucks so go ahead and laugh now, because if you meet me you would stay quiet and not say anything. Anyways I think the network, the screen, the click, the look, the rhapsody subscription service, and so on is why I will keep the storm, More reasons now too that I read threads from last night to this morning.

So thanks I have always thought blackberrys were cool, But didnt know how they were with software updates.
    12-07-08 11:27 AM
    To the poster asking what phone I would get in exchange now that I have been thinking I wouldnt get anything, Id be kinda dumb to do that, I would be giving back a storm that I paid 38.75 for in exchange for a basic phone at god knows how much. sounds like a bad idea now. I will look at the curve if this storm is still messed up but I have 30 days with the new one so I will give it awhile and then I will see about giving my storm back in exchange for the curve.
    12-07-08 11:30 AM
    keep it...no, return it...no, keep it....no, return it..no...you got the piont
    12-07-08 11:39 AM
    Keep it and put the latest .76 OS on it. RIM is always refining the OS for berries and the Storm was released a little prematurly so it would be out for the holiday season.....enjoy your phone!

12-07-08 11:43 AM
    thanks slvr6 got a bike huh, anyways thanks I will try .76 see what happens, Im getting ready to take it out of the box in a min
    12-07-08 12:25 PM
    Ok caught some of your posts at the last second, I would probbly trade for a iphone 3g in a second not sure yet though, I know you cant add employee discount and ne2 but you can if you tell them you will cancel and keep calling in until you find someone willing to do what you ask, hence the reason on the first one I got both discounts
    Well you are wrong first of all.

Second of all, every storm that was shipped out to you as opposed to being bought in the store received an instant rebate.

3rd of all, you should probably just get a voyager or something if you have to ask this question.
    12-07-08 12:47 PM
    I just want to say thanks alot ok4a56 you are a true gentleman and have helped greatly. Im glad you got a laugh out of that. I spend every day on a ambulance helping people and thats how I know to help people, So then I come here asking for help from all of you blackberry users and can only seem to get help from 1-2 people, But its ok I know what karma is and how it will all be turned around.
    Seriously dude?

I don't care whether you keep the phone or not.

Asking other people to make a decision for you is a bit asinine.

Try the phone your self and either you will like it or you will hate it.

And if you want a productive answer to your question. Ask us to compare the features between the phone you have and another phone you like. That would be productive
    12-07-08 01:00 PM
    Im wrong thesydicate your wrong, read the verizon website the phone is 199.00 after mail in rebate not instant rebate. Alot of people got this phone cheap and with combined discounts. Its on both of my recipts to prove it. Also some people recieved instant rebates in store because they ran out and had to ship it. The voyager is a poor excuse for a phone. If your going to ignorantly come here and make a statement know what your talking about before you open your mouth.
    12-07-08 01:01 PM
    dms I didnt come here asking if I should keep it, I wanted to know does blackberry come out with a flop then fix it or will it stay a flop. Your real brave on here love to see you in person, same goes to all the idiots here. To those who have helped thanks, To those who havent well get out of my post.
    12-07-08 01:04 PM
    HAHA thousands of posts on here everyday and they dont get rated, I got rated cool its a 1.0 but I still had someone take the time to rate this thread.
    12-07-08 01:06 PM
    50 dollars free shipping and i will take it off your hands
    12-07-08 01:32 PM
    I had to come along and rate this thread. First of all, the OP seemed to be baiting people with the title. Then the OP came back and argued with those who were mean. Mean comments don't require a response. Let them go. Then there were ppl who came along and flamed the OP. If you've got time to flame, you've got time to answer the original question. So I rated this thread 1 for "Terrible".

I'm new to CB but I wonder why a mod hasn't come along and asked ppl to show better manners to the OP and asked the OP not to get into arguments with the flamers. O well. Turning my attention to the orginal topic...

I'm still deciding whether or not to get a Storm. I'm eligible in the spring and I might get one. By then, there should be several updates out and a lot of the major problems should be behind us.

For me, any phone, including BB is a phone first. It's gotta work. It's gotta be reliable. If the Storm is not reliable, forget the money you saved and take the thing back even if you wind up with a Razr. A dumb phone that works beats the heck out of something that is broken no matter how good a "deal" you got. For me the decision would be based on how well the phone works for me. I try not to ever buy subsidized phones. I'm locked in and 30 days isn't really enough time to work out all the kinks. I got burned on a Treo 755p earlier this year and I should have returned it but didn't. I got a "deal". I got it out the door for under 50 bucks at a time when they were going for over 200 and even the Centro was over 100. But the phone stunk. It reset all the time and I never got my email working at an acceptable level at all. Then about a month ago, the phone hardware died and I used that occasion to get rid of the darn thing. I went on ebay and picked up a BB 8830. My first BB. I love it. It just works. Email. Web. Phone. All of this with 80% battery to spare at the end of the day. The 755p would be down to 50% by lunch. If I had focused less on the "deal" I would have dumped that PalmOS turkey last spring and used my subsidy on a BB 8830 in the first place.

It is not really about the phone and what you pay for the phone. Why do you think the carriers offer a subsidy? It's about the commitment and the plan. Let's say they sell you a storm for $38 now. So it would seem they are about $460 in the hole. Ok. So they charge you $30 a month for data for 2 years. That's $720 ON TOP OF whatever voice plan you pick. Are you feeling like you got a deal now? Focus on having something that works and treat the physical phone as a "throwaway" item. The "deal" is a distraction that could lock you into 2 years of misery. If it works now, regardless of updates that might come through on day 31, then keep it. If it does not work now, why the heck would you take a chance? Verizon will show no mercy if you say on day 31 "oops, I made a mistake". It will be like that collection thug in the movie Goodfellas "eff you! pay me!".

Yes, RIM is known for providing updates and keeping a device that is not working very well is not a huge risk. But keeping a device that does not fill your needs over a small amount of money like the delta between the $200 asking price and your $38 deal is taking an unnecessary risk.
    Last edited by r0k; 12-07-08 at 01:42 PM.
    12-07-08 01:38 PM
    Why are you asking others this question? LOL.

Its up to you, if you like it keep it.. if not, then return it!

so he could brag about how he got the storm for $38
    12-07-08 01:38 PM
    I am making money by getting this phone.

$250 minus $100 NE2. so with tax, it came to $158. I will get $50 back from the rebate so now I am at $108. I get to expense $50 for a new pone once a year, so that takes me down to $58. I just sold my Moto Q on ebay for $155.

I was able to trade up from a moto q to a storm and I made $97

With all that said, I wish this thing had wifi. I still have my ipod touch. When I am home and watching TV downstairs, I dont even trouch my storm, I just use the touch to surf the web.
    12-07-08 01:43 PM
    Thank You very much you had the best answer to my post and now there really isnt any need to comment any further on my post. I am not bragging on how much I got it for, It was a simple it was cheap should I keep it based off of that. But thanks To Rok I know what Im going to do, Thanks again. I wont be posting here in this thread anymore. Close the thread if needed thanks.
    12-07-08 01:59 PM
    Thank You very much you had the best answer to my post and now there really isnt any need to comment any further on my post. I am not bragging on how much I got it for, It was a simple it was cheap should I keep it based off of that. But thanks To Rok I know what Im going to do, Thanks again. I wont be posting here in this thread anymore. Close the thread if needed thanks.

Well I got you beat. Mine was free. 4 failed 6800 in 9 months two in 3 days. However I am like you, I really like the Storm but somethings I am not found of given I used WinMo. I do know this my coworker just went to the Curve because he 6800 crapped out as well. I really like the Curve. Never thought I go go with a non touch screen again. I view it as having options right now. My option is to go to Ebay and sell for a good profit. I also can wait for the Javelin to hit Verizon and go at that point. So far Blackberry's are much nicer than WinMo.
    12-07-08 02:47 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD