I was at a Verizon store today. The demo models they had on display were running v4.7.0.65(Platform 4.0.0.76). It was a buggy mess. I went to Best Buy later to pick up my Storm and they had a working model there for me to try out. It was v4.7.0.65(Platform 4.0.0.82). This one only had a few bugs and was actually running pretty well. Shocking how Verizon stores (I've been to 3 different ones all have the .76 software running and all were extremely buggy, but the Best Buy store had .82 and it worked well.

Needless to say, I had a Storm box in my hand (the one I pre-ordered), but I got my deposit back. Just not good enough for my needs. I am probably going to go with a Bold.

By the way, while I was at Best Buy, one other guy was going through with the Storm purchase and one guy came in and returned the Storm he bought on Friday, along with a bunch of accessories.

p.s. the reps at the Verizon store were still acting like they didn't have a clue that there were problems with the Storm. One rep was giving a demo to a lady and he kept saying "This is really slow. There are definitely problems. Not sure why." The keyboard would not come up at all for any applications. I told them the known issues.
    11-22-08 05:16 PM
    Were you there watching me?
    11-22-08 05:19 PM
    Are you trying to sell it? I'd buy
    11-22-08 05:20 PM
    Did the SAME thing. For my needs (speed being a major one), the BOLD will do.

The Storm has its good points, but it just did't do it for me.
    11-22-08 05:31 PM
    Are you trying to sell it? I'd buy
    Nope, the next lucky (or unlucky depending on your opinion of the Storm) person to ask for a Storm at that Best Buy got it.

I thought about buying it, then selling it on EBAY where they are going for $600. But just didn't want to deal with the hassle.
    11-22-08 06:09 PM
    Yeah if they don't update I'm going to take mine back. Its definately buggy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 06:14 PM
    i got mine from best buy ad havent really had any real isues or lagging on my phone *knocks on wood*
    11-22-08 06:23 PM
    Yeah if they don't update I'm going to take mine back. Its definately buggy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:30 PM
    Thanks for letting us know your experiences.
    11-22-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD