reinstalling the OS (I had to, due to a glitch in the contacts feature not giving me the autofill feature when I'd type an email addy).

For more than a month after installing 607, both my wife's and my S2's would boot up in 3:20, consistently. Then I began to notice that boot times seems awfully long so I timed them and found that it took no less than 4:20 and sometimes nearly 5 minutes to boot. I deleted a few of the most recent apps I'd installed, but nothing helped. What did help was a total OS refresh (which I did yesterday) I still have ALL the apps that I had when boot times were slow, and now once again enjoy a decently "fast" boot up time.
    06-10-10 09:45 PM
    I found that by deleting all my messages, call log, and browser cache, my boot time decreased significantly. You did same thing by refreshing the OS.
    06-10-10 10:08 PM
    I found that by deleting all my messages, call log, and browser cache, my boot time decreased significantly. You did same thing by refreshing the OS.
    I had tried that many weeks ago and I don't really have much on my phone anyway. I'm always deleting emails, clearing the call log, etc, as you mentioned. didn't help my issue. but I agree with you, totally, that doing those things can help.
    06-10-10 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD