I have had my phone since day one so the research would have done no good since all the issues were not identified until the phone is released. Please show me a document or statement by VERIZON Or RIM acknowledging the issues and giving reassurance that ALL of the issues wall be addressed. Bet you can't find one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Carriers dont normally put out documentation that announces they've got phones out there that are not meeting expectations and need updates. They get a LOT of customer complaints on various issues, but when YOU need to call, they act like they've never heard of any problems.
    12-16-08 10:07 PM
    Do you not feel RIM is acknowledging the issues by fixing them and releasing new code for the device? I would say this is the exact way you would want them to acknowledge issues. Improvements will continue to come, its just a question of can you wait and how long

So. Shouldn't people be aware that there are issues? None of which Verizon nor RIM will acknowledge
    As a business owner I feel somewhat unsure of this phone, but am sitting on the fence that it
    Is a reliable product.

12-16-08 10:22 PM
    Raorth what issues have you experienced? Have you contacted support to report these issues?

I have had my phone since day one so the research would have done no good since all the issues were not identified until the phone is released. Please show me a document or statement by VERIZON Or RIM acknowledging the issues and giving reassurance that ALL of the issues wall be addressed. Bet you can't find one.

12-16-08 10:25 PM
    I just don't understand it. There are 5 other Storms in my office besides mine. My wife has one. They are all working fine. No random reboots. Typing on the Storm is a "learning" experience, not a software issue. Emails come and are sent, phone calls are received and dialed. Voice mails are received and listened to. Batteries last all day. Maybe people are having some issues, but to say the Storm is a POS, is just not very correct IMO. Maybe it is not very productive to a BB user that is very proficient at a keyboard, but that is not the Storm's fault. The Storm has to be experienced and learned upon, it is not a normal Berry. There are differences.
    The original OS released with the Storm was not the intended release if everyone remembers. There was a security problem, yet VZ and RIM proceeded with the launch. Even then, my phone and my wife's were functional. My coworkers saw mine, used mine and then, bought their own. 075 was released and I believe, for all intensive purposes, that was the intended OS release for 11/21.
    12-16-08 10:49 PM
    I feel you. i am close to breaking down as well. i am concerned about the 30 days being just 30 days as i have posted previously. my store the holiday extension wont help me get rid of the phone and the contract canceled after 30 days. so its crunch time and i am having alot of mixed emotions.

its just a tough call. if verizon only had the bold lol. why does verizon always just not have the right phone!

also, i think .75 was way short of anything. to me .75 is almost an insult. if they wanted to spend the money they could have fixed alot more in 2 weeks. instead we get a faster accelerameter and they think thats a bandaid.

sorry i am ranting tonight, the phone was a real pain the *** to use today.
    Last edited by cray1000; 12-16-08 at 10:52 PM.
    12-16-08 10:50 PM
    Try to hang in there, RIM will continue to upgrade this device. To come out with an upgrade after only being on the market is unprecedented. Some will argue that its because the software had so many problems but they didnt sit back they released a new build. 2 weeks is nothing to build a new OS, test, rebuild, test, rebuild, test and then release to VZW to test and then accept and release. I have faith the device will continue to improve by leaps and bounds...

I feel you. i am close to breaking down as well. i am concerned about the 30 days being just 30 days as i have posted previously. my store the holiday extension wont help me get rid of the phone and the contract canceled after 30 days. so its crunch time and i am having alot of mixed emotions.

its just a tough call. if verizon only had the bold lol. why does verizon always just not have the right phone!

also, i think .75 was way short of anything. to me .75 is almost an insult. if they wanted to spend the money they could have fixed alot more in 2 weeks. instead we get a faster accelerameter and they think thats a bandaid.

sorry i am ranting tonight, the phone was a real pain the *** to use today.
    12-17-08 08:56 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD