So I put .85 on a storm 9530 last night, no problems at all. Today I try putting .86 on a different phone [same model] so i did the following.
    *DL'd it from a link you guys provided
    *Did "add/remove" of the old OS through control panel.
    *Installed .86
    *opened desktop manager
    *clicked update

[There was more steps obviously, I followed con Nguyens instructions precisely]

It tells me that 4.7.0.78 is currently installed and that no updates are needed.
    Then I figured I would just put .85 on the 2 other storms, deleted .86 through control panel, used the same OS from last night (.85) and I by the end of it I got the same message! that .78 is installed and no updates are needed... can someone help please?
    01-15-09 04:31 PM
    THE BEST WAY (for me ) TO UPGRADE AN OS. Sorry for all the caps.... I don't know how it happened.
    I Did The Upgrade From .83 To .86 And I Have To Say I Was Extremely Nervous Since I Am Very New To This. I Had Read All The Threads And Asked A Few Questions.If You Follow These Steps It Might Work Good For You Also. I Dl The Os And Saved It To My Pc, Cleaned The Memory, Backed Up My Phone, Deleted The Vendor File, Did The Wipe, Installed Os 83, Restored My Backup File And Restored My 3rd Party Apps. After The Install Was Done I Pulled The Batt. For 30 Seconds. There Were Some Apps That Needed To Be Re-installed ( But No Big Deal ).
    After All Said And Done.... Was A Great Install Took About 30 Min. From Start To Finish. The Only Issue I Have Is The Bluetooth Not Working With The Videos But, I Do Have My Ear Bud Headset Anyways. No Biggie To Me About The Bluetooth Issue. It Will Be Fixed In Due Time I Believe In The Near Future I Hope.
    Overall.... I Like This Os .86 A Lot. Runs Smoother And Faster.
    Thanks For All The Help That Was Given To Me To Make This Dl A Breeze.
    By The Way...My Memory Went From 22.4 T0 50.9
    For The LED Problem, Turn Off The Bluetooth LED. After You Turn Off The LED Re-boot. ( YOU MUST RE-BOOT FOR IT TO WORK ) You Will Not See The Blue LED Anymore But, You Have That Stupid Blinking Issue anymore.
    Also, When You Do A Battery Pull Always Pull The Memory Card Out And Put It Back In After You Are Re-booted.

Good Luck And Like I Said..... This Works For Me
    01-15-09 04:38 PM
    So I put .85 on a storm 9530 last night, no problems at all. Today I try putting .86 on a different phone [same model] so i did the following.
    *Installed .86
    *opened desktop manager

*clicked update

It tells me that 4.7.0.78 is currently installed and that no updates are needed.
    Then I figured I would just put .85 on the 2 other storms, deleted .86 through control panel, used the same OS from last night (.85) and I by the end of it I got the same message! that .78 is installed and no updates are needed... can someone help please?
    Well try restarting your computer and disabling Internet. (like unplugging the cord or flipping a switch on your laptop. If not that then with .86 installed run the file you downloaded again and click repair just to make sure you got all the necessary files installed. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 04:59 PM
    Don's thread is pretty straight forward. If it doesnt work for you following those directions, I'm thinking that this should be a clear sign that you prolly shouldnt be trying this.

Just my 2 cents...
    01-15-09 05:12 PM
    Don's thread is pretty straight forward. If it doesnt work for you following those directions, I'm thinking that this should be a clear sign that you prolly shouldnt be trying this.

Just my 2 cents...
    I do agree.....
    01-15-09 05:16 PM
    *Installed .86
    *opened desktop manager
    *clicked update

Sure, blame it on DonNguyen.
    01-15-09 05:19 PM
    As stated in the previous post, disconnect the internet. I find an easy way to do this is to go to your Network connections and right click it and disable. You can re enable it after you install

You can also delete the Vendor file in the folder with the update, some people find it necessary to do this

If those do not work, try installing by closing DM and using the file in the update folder
    01-15-09 05:19 PM

Just my 2 cents...
    Like I said, I did it last night with no problems. I'm trying to do it on a different device with a different OS and its not working.
    01-15-09 06:01 PM
    Sure, blame it on DonNguyen.
    Nah hes great.

I don't know if anyone has tried running multiple storms from the same computer.
    01-15-09 06:03 PM
    As stated in the previous post, disconnect the internet. I find an easy way to do this is to go to your Network connections and right click it and disable. You can re enable it after you install

You can also delete the Vendor file in the folder with the update, some people find it necessary to do this

If those do not work, try installing by closing DM and using the file in the update folder
    Thanks for trying... I don't know whats going on.....

I'm gonna give it one more shot.
    01-15-09 06:29 PM
    NVM PEOPLE! I'm just an *****.... since I have 3 devices im working with I didnt realize the other 2 were 9500's and not 9530's... which needless to say... brang up some issues. Please close this thread if you want.
    01-15-09 06:31 PM
    01-15-09 06:35 PM
    haha honest mistake

install .87 on the 9500's if you like
    01-15-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD