02-25-09 03:30 PM
29 12
tools
    It already had one scuff of unknown origin but it's pretty ugly now. It had its silicone skin on but it shifted to the side just enough when it fell, I guess.
    02-23-09 07:00 PM
    You are lucky thats all that happened to yours. Mine fell out of my pocket when i was getting into the car and when it hit the street the top of the screen cracked. This happened today so I'm mannaging with it but if it gets worse I'll replace it.
    So yeah
    02-23-09 07:17 PM
    Mine fell without protection. Do falls ever hurt the press action? It seems a little bit worse now.
    02-23-09 07:18 PM
    I dropped mine this morning when the alarm went off. Of course I didn't have the silicone cover on it and I have a light abrasion at the bottom of mine on the chrome.
    02-23-09 07:18 PM
    Yeah my screen locked up and wouldn't click anymore. I had to go in there with a torx screw to fix it. But I'd done the adjustment previously so I don't know if it'll do that if you haven't.

I wonder how hard it is to replace the chrome (and how easy is is to make it obvious you've voided the warranty).
    02-23-09 07:26 PM
    I dont have any cassing it seems to slip out of my pocket very easily(lucky for me it usually falls onto the carpet )
    02-23-09 07:29 PM
    I'm sorry... So unfortunate

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 07:40 PM
    This was a classic leave it in your lap in car, get out of car, drop it on the concrete type of drop.
    02-23-09 07:40 PM
    ive done that with previous phones ha
    02-23-09 08:46 PM
    It already had one scuff of unknown origin but it's pretty ugly now. It had its silicone skin on but it shifted to the side just enough when it fell, I guess.
    This is what they make the full body clear protection films for. There are quite a few of them out there but I prefer Phantom Skinz above all else. Highly recommended over the Invisible Shield and a couple others that I have seen and heard of. Don't waste your money on a junky product like that. My friend's IS is peeling off majorly now that he has had it on for almost a month. What a joke
    02-23-09 09:40 PM
    Luckily it's replaceable: Storm Chrome Housing - $20 @ CNN.CN
    02-23-09 10:19 PM
    I dropped mine on a rough curb the other day and gouged my chrome too. I don't carry insurance and I didn't have a case at all. That's why I went this route. It wont shift off, doesn't add much bulk, looks nice, and provides easy access to all of the buttons.
    02-23-09 10:53 PM
    I dropped mine on a rough curb the other day and gouged my chrome too. I don't carry insurance and I didn't have a case at all. That's why I went this route. It wont shift off, doesn't add much bulk, looks nice, and provides easy access to all of the buttons.
    Im glad I opened this, i really want the storm but was affraid I would destroy it after one night (I drop my phone often). Thanks for posting!
    02-23-09 10:57 PM
    Im glad I opened this, i really want the storm but was affraid I would destroy it after one night (I drop my phone often). Thanks for posting!
    They had it in pink and purple too.
    02-23-09 11:02 PM
    Ooh, I'm so glad I came back to this! I need to check that case out. Hopefully my Verizon store has it... it's a Verizon Experience store so it's kind of goofy.

Re: the protection films, I didn't like IS on previous phones because it peeled at the corners pretty badly, but if I replace the chrome I'll try Phantom Skinz. I have their screen protectors and they have weird lines that I hate, but it should be fine for the rest of the phone.

Re: the chrome, I know it's replaceable, I'm just not sure on my confidence level when it comes to replacing it without destroying my phone, since it voids warranty.
    02-24-09 04:03 PM
    yep dinged my chrome too...was really upset over it...lol
    02-24-09 04:16 PM
    Mine is coming off using the OEM Leather Holster, go figure!!
    02-24-09 04:36 PM
    You FINALLY dropped it!? You almost make it sound like you wanted it to happen. Hehe...
    02-24-09 07:37 PM
    Yea this happened to my first storm too. U can replace the bezel at cnn.cn for a couple bucks.

02-24-09 07:59 PM
    Yea, that's why I keeps my silicone on at all times...
    02-24-09 08:13 PM
    I dropped mine and slightly scuffed the chrome. I plan on ordering the replacement bezel from the cnn website.

02-24-09 09:23 PM
    Just went on the cnn.cc site. Its interesting that they have a black bezel as well. Kinda tempted. I like that all black look.
    02-25-09 03:08 AM
    Just went on the cnn.cc site. Its interesting that they have a black bezel as well. Kinda tempted. I like that all black look.
    I agree man, the murdered-out look is dope!
    02-25-09 03:37 AM
    Haha no, I wasn't WANTING it to happen, I just knew it was inevitable because I'm not much of a phone dropper but it usually happens a couple times a year. The all black is cool but the chrome is so pretty. I watched the CNN video on taking it apart but I'd prefer one specific to replacing the bezel. Has anyone here noticed one? I'll do a search in the meantime, lol.
    02-25-09 10:38 AM
    Found some good threads on it... looks like opinions vary from "looked so scary I put the phone back together as soon as I had it apart" to "not nearly as hard as it looks," lol
    02-25-09 10:52 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD