So while I was sitting in class today I decided I would spend some time trying to figure out what is causing the screen to rattle on some storms, and not rattle on others. I've come to the conclusion that the chrome bars on some storms (the storms that dont rattle) are much closer in proximity to the screen. Try this if your screen rattles:

Gently apply pressure to the chrome bars on both sides of the storm IN THE CENTER. Squeeze in towards the screen. Then try to rattle your screen with your other hand from side to side. Notice NO MOVEMENT of the screen.

Now someone just needs to come up with a way for the chrome bars to permanently stay the way they are when you squeeze then.
    02-11-09 01:03 PM
    When I click the bottom left side of my Storm it makes a clicking sound like I'm pressing a button. Poor quality considering its never been dropped. But ohh well. It is what it is... unless it's maybe a button to turn on the wifi that doesn't exsist!! haha...
    02-11-09 01:06 PM
    what does that have to do with my thread?
    02-11-09 01:09 PM
    So while I was sitting in class today I decided I would spend some time trying to figure out what is causing the screen to rattle on some storms, and not rattle on others. I've come to the conclusion that the chrome bars on some storms (the storms that dont rattle) are much closer in proximity to the screen. Try this if your screen rattles:

Gently apply pressure to the chrome bars on both sides of the storm IN THE CENTER. Squeeze in towards the screen. Then try to rattle your screen with your other hand from side to side. Notice NO MOVEMENT of the screen.

Now someone just needs to come up with a way for the chrome bars to permanently stay the way they are when you squeeze then.
    try these... they may help u out.

grafixpressions.com/blackberry.shtml
    02-11-09 01:31 PM
    yea ive seen those before, heard they are a crap shoot, sometimes they work sometimes they dont...if there was some way to "bend" the chrome bars a little in the middle it would solve everything.
    02-11-09 01:34 PM
    Take three or four pieces of scotch tape and stack them.
    (You can do two on each side if you wish to keep things even).

Trim one side flush for each stack you make.
    Stick into gap to bottom.
    Cut off excess and fold over.

Rattling problem gone. - And it was free.

If you can find some ultra clear adhesive poly sheeting, this may work even better with a single layer if its thicker than scotch tape. That's what was on my desk, so that's what I used to test the "fix".

The wobble reducers are not worth spending $8 on... that's ridiculous.
    Last edited by infernl; 02-11-09 at 01:53 PM.
    02-11-09 01:49 PM
    Lol i was thinking the same thing ;o)
    02-11-09 02:12 PM
    ever thought of using a thin black foam material between the screen and chrome edge. I have been looking for some but no luck so far.
    02-11-09 02:17 PM
    i would think any foam material would prevent the screen from clicking.
    02-11-09 02:25 PM
    I'm saying my chrome bars on the side feel like they are broken underneith, like there is a button there..... It makes a clicking noise when I press in, as well as my screen shakes.
    Last edited by Duvi; 02-11-09 at 06:15 PM. Reason: language and unnecessary
    02-11-09 02:29 PM
    I'm saying my chrome bars on the side feel like they are broken underneith, like there is a button there..... It makes a clicking noise when I press in, as well as my screen shakes.

So true!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Duvi; 02-11-09 at 06:15 PM. Reason: QUOTE edit
    02-11-09 02:35 PM
    Dude there is no link between the screen rattling and the chrome bars. If you push in the chrome bars then they contact the screen on either side to stop it from rattling. The screen rattles because it's smaller than the plastic border into which it fits. Supposedly that was done to allow the screen plenty of room to "float" on top of the button underneath.

It's like, if you are driving around in a car and the engine is knocking, and you turn off the car to make the engine knock stop, you haven't solved the issue as to why there is engine knock.
    Last edited by mdude85; 02-11-09 at 02:49 PM.
    02-11-09 02:44 PM
    The real reason it rattles is, for some reason, you shake your damn phone. If you want to correct the rattle, stop shaking you phone.
    02-11-09 03:13 PM
    wont RIM recall the defective phones one day? mine rattles, but ever since the business card fix the typing operates much better. i am impressed with the capabilities, and without the rattle the screen would not properly operate. i type quick and have noticed little to no increase in the rattle. this is not something i feel will worsen over time. it is a blackberry after all.
    02-11-09 03:42 PM
    fantastic find!

that wasn't the point of this thread, maybe that was the way it was designed, maybe it wasnt. But there are storms out there that DO NOT rattle...at all...this was merely a design flaw (the chrome bars not being snug) that i found in my current storm. The storm i had prior to this one DID NOT RATTLE or MOVE at all.
    02-11-09 04:32 PM
    this thread was not useless. It was merely a suggestion to see if other users found the same results when lightly squeezing the chrome bars, which by the way in no manner hampered the use of the click screen.
    02-11-09 05:18 PM
    This board is filled with a million users. Every thread gets 10 replies in the first 5 minutes. Do you want me to post "Ya I know" or "I agree" so I can get my post count up? + I'm registered to some better knowledged sites that I post at. Plus my company has Premium Support with Telus/RIM. So why would I post a question when I can ask the same question without the idiots thinking there experts because they have a Blackberry and give some bs answer.

I'll give you a little background on me, I'm 24, I've been a Blackberry admin for 3 years (worked in IT for 7). I am the only Blackberry person and I am resonsible for 560+ users on our BES, I also support over 700 MIKE phones, 70 Rogers Pagers, and a 100 wireless Bell cards. Ohh.. and I'll be first to admit I can't spell. But **** that's what spell check is for.

I don't see why you started **** by calling me out on my pointless response, when I was actually giving you input about my unit. I didn't say anything negative about your post.

If you truely ask me, I believe the Storm was built so the screen moves a bit. Because when you are using it, you don't press perfectly down on the screen, you push the screen up when you are typing and such. I think they build in the screen moving so that it doesn't cause future wear. Find the thread where the guy takes one completly apart. Maybe there is some felt inside that holds it in place, and the reason some peoples screens don't move is because it hasn't been worked in yet. I also know that there is a screen kit you can buy that fits in that little crack forcing the screen to stay in place.
    Last edited by RCode; 02-11-09 at 05:44 PM.
    02-11-09 05:41 PM
    Ohh ****, that was my 10th post too...
    oh and we have a 2 year deal with Zenprise

Great software btw....
    02-11-09 05:48 PM
    Please stay on topic and avoid personal attacks and foul language. Thanks.
    02-11-09 06:16 PM
    When I click the bottom left side of my Storm it makes a clicking sound like I'm pressing a button. Poor quality considering its never been dropped. But ohh well. It is what it is... unless it's maybe a button to turn on the wifi that doesn't exsist!! haha...
    thats happening to me. i dont really care though.
    02-11-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD