My VZW Navigator never finds my percise location. Yesterday I was in NYC driving and thought I should try the thing out. I put in NBA store the results came up told me how far I was and gave me driving directions but then told me I was on another street while my car was parked. So I figured that I would drive and see if it would update, nope it did not......Can someone help me please.
    12-04-08 05:17 PM
    NYC is not the best location to test out any GPS system, as the tall buildings tend to disrupt satellite signal reception. I don't know if the effect is as widespread in an aGPS system, but a friend was driving several of my colleagues and me to a party once and his GPS tried to feed us directions that would have dumped us right into the Hudson.
    12-04-08 05:34 PM
    its a tiny, built into a phone, Assisted GPS. its not going to be accurate 100% of the time.
    12-04-08 05:42 PM
    NYC is not the best location to test out any GPS system, as the tall buildings tend to disrupt satellite signal reception.
    I agree 100%. I drive in NYC often and GPS is always scattered from my current location. The tall buildings with all the glass and steel materials do not help...
    I haven't seen a GPS unit work good there yet...
    12-04-08 05:45 PM
    You may need to check your GPS settings

go to Tools

Should bring up options

then click on Advance Options

Then click on GPS

GPS Data Sources
    set to Device GPS

GPS Services
    set to Location On

Location Aiding:
    set to Enabled

use the lower right red button to exit back to the Home screen.

Turn it off and restart the Storm.

I had the VZNavigator set up when I bought it and had problems. I found this in the Options. The GPS is weak, you may need to be outside for it to work. BlackBerry Maps will show you how many sats you are picking up. My will find 10 inside my house.
    12-04-08 05:53 PM
    those are the settings...i am in philadelphia and on my girl's curve it give precise turn by turn audio directions and mine don't
    12-04-08 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD