i dropped mine a little while back on the floor of the car... no scratches or anything
    02-09-09 09:21 PM
    We took the dogs for a walk tonight and the phone rang. It was for my wife, I said don't drop it. After the call was done she dropped my phone on the street. It hit on the side and just has minor scratches. My heart sank.
    02-09-09 09:21 PM
    I made the obvious choice
    Spoken like a True New Mexican. GO LOBOS! lol...
    02-09-09 09:24 PM
    I dropped my storm face down on hardwood floors... picked it up and turned it over and i had a nice crack from bottom right corner to the middle of the left side of the screen. insurance replaced it and now i am all good with a nice blackberry clear hard plastic case
    02-10-09 12:51 AM
    Mine got dropped onto a hard wood floor from the height of a couch and now the casing of the phone just above the left convenience key is busted, same with my 'call' button.

Iime for a replacement... Might try and hold off for the next official OS release so I can start completely fresh though.

j.
    02-10-09 01:28 AM
    PFft. You guys got nuthin. My wife, after looking at it dropped mine in a dog bowl full of water. Yeah. Top that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 01:34 AM
    A week after I bought my storm I was sitting in a very boring physics lecture and decided to IM a couple friends and ended up dropping my storm. I was at the top row of chairs so it fell down a couple stairs. Needless to say I was embarassed but my storm was fine...thank God!

02-10-09 04:05 AM
    dropped mine too many times. the worst was when it took a bath in milk. and recently just dropped my new replacement on the concrete. makes me cuss!
    02-10-09 08:19 AM
    I came close today dropping but quick reflexes saved my storm. My dad forgot his keys in his office and I was texting some girl. Well I guess I was in the door way and he nudged me good enough my phone came out of my hands. Luckily playing enough xbox, I was able to catch it before hitting the ground. I think I will invest in a I.S sometime this week. Better safe than sorry.

To the OP, did you install the I.S. yourself. I thought about purchasing it and having Best Buy install it for me. What do you think?
    How much does it cost to have Best Buy install the IS? I have mine but haven't applied it yet.
    02-10-09 08:46 AM
    My old phone (vzw chocolate 2) i dropped once and the screen broke. I've dropped my storm like 5 or 6 times and no broken screen. Everytime it drops my heart drops. RIM might have released the software early but they did make a durable device
    02-10-09 08:52 AM
    I have dropped mine twice now.. Once on a beach boardwalk and the other on a tile floor.. Luckily no ill effects thus far. I think I am lucky that no sand got in the phone the first time..
    02-10-09 09:22 AM
    I need to get this I.S. you speak of. I dropped it once getting out the car and man that hurt me sooooo much. My Storm deserves better!
    02-10-09 11:03 AM
    Anyone still have that discount code for the I.S?
    02-10-09 11:08 AM
    I had mine knocked off a table awhile back. I am one of those overkill guys so I have BOTH the Invisible Shield full kit install AND...one of the rubberized skins on top of the Invisible Shield. When my phone got knocked off the table & hit the floor I had s*** running down both legs for a moment or two, but it was fine....didn't come apart either and no scratches or blemishes anywhere. It was about a 4' drop onto a hardwood floor in a bar. I won't be such a showoff next time ... but man ... when folks start whipping out their little Chocolates and EnV2's and iPhones I just can't resist. Bad Bad Bad... but fun.
    02-10-09 11:21 AM
    I was trying to juggle my storm, laptop, some papers, and a keys. Dropped the storm, it bounced and landed softly on the tile floor thanks to the verizon skin that was on it. Wow...verizon actually did something right.
    02-10-09 12:04 PM
    Dropped mine on a hardwood floor. The screen came out and that was that. Happy I paid for the insurance. I have been using a skin but this doesn't work too well in the case. So I just ordered the IS product. Not too sure it would have helped with the drop I had, but it sure couldn't hurt.
    02-10-09 12:11 PM
    i threw mine off the ground cause i got mad at my girlfriend. and it bounced probably four five times. nothing wrong with it at all. it has a blackberry skin cover on it and it was thrown onto carpet but just an area rug you know. i wasnt thinking at all but thats why i got insurance. kinda forgot i had this beauty and not my voyager that was basically an anger management tool
    02-10-09 12:19 PM
    dropped mine this morning... sucked for the first couple minutes. battery cover came off. some scratches and dings
    but, i'll live...
    02-10-09 12:42 PM
    I dropped my storm from about 6' directly onto a brick patio. Completely naked. Scratched the chrome a bit but other than that he took it like a champ.
    02-10-09 12:54 PM
    droped mine twice. 1st time about 3 to 4 feet on to carpet. 2nd time it actually hit my sneaker and then the ground lucky for me i had the crystal clear case on it that i brought from Verizon. Now I have the otterbox!
    02-10-09 01:06 PM
    I was flying this morning, and as I was switching from the back of the helicopter to the front, the pocket on my sleeve that I keep my phone in was unzipped, and my Storm decided to make a jump for it...no damage though, this clear plastic case from Verizon took the brunt of the impact...

02-10-09 01:08 PM
    not yet but i know its coming
    02-10-09 06:19 PM
    got out of the car and forgot it was on my lap. battery cover popped off, made a loud noise, but still works great.
    02-10-09 06:28 PM
    Dropped mine twice. Both times I had GA on it and it still works great with no scratches on the GA. Battery and door only went flying on one of the drops though.
    02-10-09 06:39 PM
    I haven't dropped my Storm yet..... But the fear of it caused me to invest in a Phantom Skinz full body kit. It looks amazing. Far better than IS (for the storm at least) my friend got on his before we found the phantom skinz place at the mall. The only things I would really say that are better about mine than his are the smoothness and the coverage. The IS pattern has no coverage for the four chrome corners which is covered by my PS. And his has a wierd somewhat sticky feeling that is hard to describle, but neither one of us really like it. There are some other small differences in coverage as well because his has cutouts for the flash and the LED on the front where mine does not. Im not really sure what the point of these cutouts it, but none the less, mine works perfectly fine covered. My friend hasnt decided to pay another $36 to replace his IS with PS but I have a feeling that he might eventually. Almost every time I see him he asks to see my phone so that he can compare the differences again. Very comical.

Also, cannot comment on how hard either product is to put on beacuse we both paid for the "professional installation". I have to admit that both companies did a very good job on the installation part. Both are flawless!!

Thats my two cents for all of you out there who are worried about damaging your storm.
    02-10-09 07:01 PM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD