02-19-09 07:05 PM
114 1234 ...
tools
    After dropping my storm, I noticed dust got in behind the glass screen. Took it back and got a new one.
    02-09-09 10:59 AM
    I haven't dropped my Storm yet but last week I was in a 7 car plie up due to ice. I was slammed into from the side at about 45 mph. My blackberry was sitting on the passenger side seat prior to the accident. I was hit on the passenger side. The whole side of my car was caved in. The car is totaled. Miraculously...the BB was sitting in the same spot it was prior to the crash! The only evidence that anything happened to it all is a slight scratch on the silver casing around the touchscreen. Barely noticeable. I don't know if the Berry riccocheted around the car and landed in the same place or if the laws of motion cease to exist around BlackBerries in peril (maybe the accelerator somehow canceled out the forces of gravity and inertia). Whatever happened I would say the BlackBerry Guardian Angels were out in force that day.

Incidentally, if I'm being honest, checking on my BB was probably the first thing I did once I determined I was in one piece. Luckily no one was hurt.
    02-09-09 10:59 AM
    I have dropped my Storm twice from about desk high, about 4 feet. It survived without a scratch both times.
    02-09-09 11:12 AM
    was watching the grammy's lastnight. It ended and went upstairs to go to bed. Picked up my phone and it just slipped. Fell about 3-4 feet to the hardwood floors. I seriously reacted like I just dropped a child. LOL (not funny, but ... funny, the way i reacted).

Needless to say everything was all good. Nothing broken nor any scratches.
    02-09-09 11:43 AM
    I had my naked Storm fly out of the chest pocket of my jacket and skip across the slate tile floor of a restaurant two days after purchase. Battery door, battery, and phone were all at least 5 feet from one another. It was a real mess. Picked up a few scratches on the battery door, and on the silver plastic surrounding the screen. It was a heart-stopper, but unsurprisingly, everything still works perfectly.
    02-09-09 11:43 AM
    Otterbox .... yeah its not as sleek looking. But it's overkill for protection, and the phone actually fits better in my hands now.
    02-09-09 11:46 AM
    I hope everyone has dropped their phone at this point. Call it the "End User Stress Test." or "E.U.S.T." for short.

I had mine for about a week, and was at a Bar. I took my phone out to drunk dial someone and dropped it face down from a standing position on a hard tile floor.

I picked it up, brushed the crap off the screen and proceeded to make the call. I figure it was a good test, I actually have had that storm replace, but it had nothing to with it being dropped. My heart skipped a beat while i was trying to catch the thing in mid-air.

The next day I called and got insurance put on my phone. I am glad that it can take a fall from a standing position onto a hard floor, but I am not willing to try it regularly.
    Last edited by DankJemo; 02-09-09 at 11:55 AM.
    02-09-09 11:50 AM
    First drop, grilling on the back patio, went to check the time on the phone dropped it from about 3 feet onto concrete. Battery cover came off, no damage. Second drop, getting out of car, dropped from about 3 feet onto concrete no damage. So I'm 2 for 2.
    02-09-09 11:54 AM
    Had my Storm for 2 weeks and dropped it on a tile floor in a restaraunt. Put a small ding in the chrome bezel right on the corner. Storm still works and there seems to be no ill effects. I still have my original and have not had to replace it for any reason.......maybe everyone should drop theirs once! I have since had Ghost Armour put on and it seems to give me a better grip and I have not dropped it since.
    02-09-09 12:08 PM
    Three drops, all because the thing is just so darn slippery slick it has slipped from my fingers.

First: About chest high (I'm 6'3") onto carpeted floor...No problem
    Second: same distance onto tiled floor...again no problem
    Third: same distance, onto paved parking lot....Big cosmetic owie and two tiny scratches on screen

There was a fourth, where it fell out of my hand onto a car seat and bounced back into my flailing grip...BIG sigh of relief on my part.

Lastly, it got baptized by my three year old this weekend in the bathroom sink. This one is still resolving itself and we'll see if it needs to be replaced. You can check out the thread where this type accident is discussed at...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...d-help-154085/
    02-09-09 02:46 PM
    knew I should have considered the G'zone boulder more seriously....
    02-09-09 02:47 PM
    I have never dropped my storm but my 1 yr old niece has... no damage though... good thing she is short!!!!
    02-09-09 03:32 PM
    Ive done it getting out of my car and forgetting it was on my lap. The first time is the hardest, i was so mad.
    02-09-09 04:12 PM
    I've dropped mine a million times, but only on a cement floor covered with carpet. I dropped it from about six feet the other day and I was terrified to look at it. She works just fine though, no problems. In fact, I think dropping it may have improved the screen clicking lol
    02-09-09 04:28 PM
    I have actually dropped mine twice. Once in a dirt field and just about an hour ago in the mud. This baby is still ticking

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 04:34 PM
    I think the washing mine got improved it's sensitivity and responsiveness, somehow it feels faster...maybe even if it just flushed some dust and grease. Now if only I could be certain it's not going to turn to rust in about three weeks...
    02-09-09 04:35 PM
    here's a good one for you...

So i was visiting an out of town friend this weekend... and after pulling in the driveway my friend met me at my drivers door. i opened the door and as my friend is stepping back out of the way my phone comes off my lap (STUPID), bounces out the car, under the door, across the driveway under his foot AND being as he was still midstep. slid it under his boot across the ice and gravel...

after a minor heartattack seeing the screens light reappear from under the boot, i jumped out ripped it apart to get the power connection cut, destroyed my new shirt absorbing the water off of it and from under the battery casing.

and it works like brand new. only damage was a few drag marks on the back cover... meh, i'll deal

scariest story i ever told
    Last edited by TheTruth8; 02-09-09 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added a few words
    02-09-09 04:36 PM
    here's a good one for you...

So i was visiting an out of town friend this weekend... and after pulling in the driveway my friend met me at my drivers door. i opened the door and as my friend is stepping back out of the way my phone comes off my lap (STUPID), bounces out the car, under the door, across the driveway under his foot AND being as he was still midstep. slid it under his boot across the ice and gravel...

after a minor heartattack seeing the screens light reappear from under the boot, i jumped out ripped it apart to get the power connection cut, destroyed my new shirt absorbing the water off of it and from under the battery casing.

and it works like brand new. only damage was a few drag marks on the back cover... meh, i'll deal

scariest story i ever told
    P.S. only protection was the screen cover, if not for that i'd have been done for
    02-09-09 04:40 PM
    Yeah, my significant other just bumped into my Storm while I was waiting for her in a shoe department. It took a three foot drop on a tile floor. Oh the horror! Good thing it's in an OtterBox case.

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 02-09-09 at 04:50 PM.
    02-09-09 04:47 PM
    i've dropped it a few times but it was only like a 19 inch fall, cause i had it in my shirt pocket and forgot about it so when i bent down it flopped out. im super obsessive with it i dont like anyone to touch it.
    02-09-09 04:55 PM
    Dropped mine once, getting out of the car. My heart skipped a beat but because of my IS I did not get a scratch on mine! I installed mine and it took me about 30 mins being very careful and doing it slowly. I would not trust a Best Buy employee because I am sure them putting it on is just as good as you putting it on. I worked there for 3.5 years and I never recieved any extra training on putting covers on. But I love my IS because it protects my phone and I feel like it does not slip as much.
    02-09-09 06:09 PM
    Hm I think my story tops all yours...

Me and my exgirlfriend were at an icecream parlor and we were about to get out of the car and because she is so clumsy she fell out of the car so I jumped out of the car to help her but I forgot my storm was on my lap and it fell onto the concrete and everything scattered! I didn't know what do do, help her or help my storm... I made the obvious choice

I put my storm back together it was such a tragedy thou my chrome is scratched

02-09-09 06:10 PM
    Was going to get a tattoo and dropped it in the parking lot...scuffed the chrome...now have a silicon skin and some cool ink.

02-09-09 08:09 PM
    Had the standard green hard case from VZW from day one. But wasn't too crazy about the case due to the lack of grip... so the phone would fly outta my hand periodically.
    I then decided to go with the ShieldZone, with the added bonus of a Gizmobie plating. It's virtually the best of both worlds, and holds up quite nicely. Plus... it's not as bulky as some of the other cases found out there on the market.
    02-09-09 08:50 PM
    dropping your bb is like dropping your child.. lets be careful here folks lol
    02-09-09 09:08 PM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD