Yep, it took a dive from my lap as I got out of my vehicle and right onto my cement garage floor. It's okay, the front of the case is a lil scuffed. I think it hurt me more than it. LOL

Funny thing is I had just post about this very subject a day or so before saying it had not happened yet.
    02-10-09 06:32 PM
    I dropped my storm on three separate occasions holding it while I was falling asleep. It would drop out of my hand onto the floor and I would wake up thinking what the **** just fell. Luckily my bedroom floor is carpeted so my phone suffered no ill affects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:42 PM
    I dropped mine for the first time today. There's a scratch on the chrome, in the upper right corner. Can the bezel be replaced?
    02-14-09 10:37 PM
    Yeah my first drop was today. It fell from this cheap holster I had on my windshield. So pretty much it hit me in my male reproductive area, and my Storm sustained heavy damage. I couldn't believe it. So I took it in to the Verizon store and got a silicon case so my reproductive organ would not damage it anymore.
    02-14-09 11:54 PM
    Yup I Dropped it twice it still hurts..lol
    But Thats why I Have Insurance if it messes up..
    02-15-09 12:08 AM
    Ive dropped mine a couple times on my hardwood floor at home, but i have the plastic case from Verizon and i haven't hurt my storm at all. thank goodness
    02-15-09 12:29 AM
    I've dropped it twice, but on carpet and it was in a holster. Phew!
    02-15-09 01:01 AM
    Cat pushed it off the table, had the plastic case on it and it landed on carpet. No issues cept a scared cat after I pushed it off the table
    No peta revenge, it landed on its feet on the carpet too.
    02-15-09 01:11 AM
    I basically through mine when I tripped up some concrete steps, it smacked the ground pretty hard. Never drink, text, and walk at the same time. Phone is perfectly fine btw. Invisasheild is great.
    02-15-09 01:21 AM
    **Ha Should learn how to spell
    02-15-09 01:22 AM
    Was balancing the Storm on the top of my head and forgot about it when someone called me from the back of the room, turned my head and boom! right on the floor.
    02-15-09 02:12 AM
    Cat pushed it off the table, had the plastic case on it and it landed on carpet. No issues cept a scared cat after I pushed it off the table
    No peta revenge, it landed on its feet on the carpet too.
    Heh, my cat decided he wanted to destroy my wall charger. Funny thing is, soon as he saw me look at it, it was almost like he knew I was going to be mad. He almost had an "oh cr*p" look. Same one that managed to eat my S9's and an Xbox 360 controller quick charge cable...

I dropped mine for the first time today. There's a scratch on the chrome, in the upper right corner. Can the bezel be replaced?
    It can be. Cellular Accessories - Samsung, Nokia, 3G, BlackBerry, Dopod/O2, Apple, Microsoft, NEC, Tools, Panasoni sells them for $20, but you do have to take it apart in order to replace it. If the Storm is like previous BB's I've had, it's not too hard to take apart.

more on topic for myself: Dropped it the other day on some tile, bounced ALOT higher than i expected it to. Battery came out, and the bezel kind of moved inward a bit, but i kind of let the pressure off and it moved back into place. Full ghost armor on the phone so no big deal.

I'm still waiting for a Wii-moteish type of accident from one of the Lightsaber apps...
    Last edited by kokuryuha; 02-15-09 at 03:40 AM.
    02-15-09 03:32 AM
    I just bounced mine down the steps at my house
    02-15-09 03:57 AM
    I dropped mine a couple of nights ago reaching for it while I laid on my girlfriend's nightstand. I didn't have a sure grip on it (though I had), and when I tried to retrieve it the charge chord (unbeknownst to me) was caught on something so when it reached it's limit it "yanked" it out of my hand.

FORTUNATELY for me her floor is well carpeted and, if there is a dink, nick or scrape, I cannot find one. Nor am I looking closely for it. You guys know how it is- it's a "storm" thing.
    02-15-09 07:28 AM
    i dropped it once....i was sitting down and it was in my pocket and i was shaking my leg...then it fell from my pocket to my carpet floor...to me that doesn't count as a drop lol.
    02-15-09 12:25 PM
    I did and I got a scuff on the top of mine. I cried that night.
    02-15-09 03:21 PM
    dropped mine on tuesday in the driveway and scratched it all to ****..it was in the holster

..glad I got the insurance for $5, got a brand new one for $50 the next day..
    02-15-09 03:29 PM
    ACK I was using the Monaco Aluminum case and the belt clip it came with. Max protection huh? Yea it works great until the hinge gets caught on something...

I was in class and I guess I sat down a little too fast in those stupid chairs with the desk attached to them. The case got hooked on the metal attaching the chair to the desk and opened the case, flinging my Storm across the room, naked and sliding face down.

I froze for a good 5 seconds before I ran to recover my baby. Luckily I think the screen protector took most of the fall because aside from a few scratches on the screen protector it was safe.

It gave me a good scare though because on the bottom left corner of the screen there is a rainbow colored streak or line about a half inch long running up from the bottom. I don't know if that is a streak in the screen or the screen protector but I can't help but stare at it once in a while in worry.

I'm really hoping it is just a streak in the screen protector, I'm using the IS. I'd be mortified if it was the screen itself. Besides the fact that I could get a replacement if need be, my device is working great and I would hate to trade it in for a lemon. The area of the screen works fine though so I don't know. Still a little neurotic about it.
    02-15-09 03:56 PM
    Needless to say... It was the last time I used a hinged case. IS, silicone, leather holster. Less all out protection but less chance of opening as well.
    02-15-09 03:57 PM
    I have never dropped my phone, but my wife was using it today to talk to someone and dropped it twice. I about divorced her.
    02-15-09 04:37 PM
    I have never dropped my phone, but my wife was using it today to talk to someone and dropped it twice. I about divorced her.
    I think that would warrant a divorce. Someone is sleeping on the couch tonight
    02-15-09 10:49 PM
    I dropped my 1st storm. I was taking final exams and I was
    Using it as a calculator and it fell off the desk.
    Ended up with a couple nice dents in the chrome bezel.
    Lol I've yet to drop my 2nd storm yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 12:39 AM
    well i dropped mine at the gym is slid on the floor into the stall my friend was in it scared him to the point where he kinda pissed on it!!! i was mad a ****!!
    02-16-09 04:04 AM
    Haha. i dropped mine.. lol on my girls head, so didnt do too much.. :-P
    02-16-09 06:30 AM
    last friday....I was getting outta my car with the corded headset plugged in....got out...phone dropped onto the ground. Even worse...it was raining.

no damage....dried off the silicone cover....i was shocked and thrilled
    02-16-09 10:03 PM
114 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD