I was over at my buddy's house earlier today and i was texting someone and than I accidentally dropped my phone straight on his tile floor! the battery went flying one way, the battery door the other way and the phone went into other direction! So I had all 3 pieces laying everywhere on the floor lol. Thank God I had the invisible shield (full body) on it... picked it up and 0 scratches, scrapes, dings, etc.

well worth the $14 for the I.S. (got it with a discount code)

p.s. PUT I.S. ON EVERY ELECTRONIC DEVICE YOU HAVE. I DO AND IT WORKS GREAT IN MY OPINION!
    Last edited by mxrider821; 02-09-09 at 12:58 AM.
    02-09-09 12:35 AM
    I dropped it last week. For the first time. I put my storm in my case and then I guess the magnets didnt meet and it happened. I was so pissed at myself I couldnt even pick it up right away the first drop is always the most painful. in a word, heartbreaking.
    02-09-09 12:37 AM
    I came close today dropping but quick reflexes saved my storm. My dad forgot his keys in his office and I was texting some girl. Well I guess I was in the door way and he nudged me good enough my phone came out of my hands. Luckily playing enough xbox, I was able to catch it before hitting the ground. I think I will invest in a I.S sometime this week. Better safe than sorry.

To the OP, did you install the I.S. yourself. I thought about purchasing it and having Best Buy install it for me. What do you think?
    02-09-09 12:44 AM
    You forgot to capitalize the G in God

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 12:47 AM
    I came close today dropping but quick reflexes saved my storm. My dad forgot his keys in his office and I was texting some girl. Well I guess I was in the door way and he nudged me good enough my phone came out of my hands. Luckily playing enough xbox, I was able to catch it before hitting the ground. I think I will invest in a I.S sometime this week. Better safe than sorry.

To the OP, did you install the I.S. yourself. I thought about purchasing it and having Best Buy install it for me. What do you think?
    just do it yourself and save $ unless you got $ to spend than i would say go for it! but from what i remember there was about 11 pieces total in the full body kit and it took me about 45 min to install all the pieces... but i took my sweet *** time to make it look perfect. lil stuff bugs me if its not perfect
    02-09-09 12:48 AM
    I've dropped mine a couple times now. Both times, from about chest height onto cement. My chrome on the sides is a little rough in a couple spots, but the screen is fine. The first time, like you the battery door flew off, but the second time I had a silicon case on it. No ill effects from the accidents so far
    02-09-09 12:56 AM
    [QUOTE=mxrider821;1622507]I was over at my buddy's house earlier today and i was texting someone and than I accidentally dropped my phone straight on his tile floor! the battery went flying one way, the battery door the other way and the phone went into other direction! So I had all 3 pieces laying everywhere on the floor lol. Thank god i had the invisible shield (full body) on it... picked it up and 0 scratches, scrapes, dings, etc.

I had the exact same thing happen to me at work while I was talking about my phone it slipped out my hand and BAM! I'm left scrambling for all three pieces so now I have two different cases I got from the vzw store the rubber slip on one for the grip while I'm at work and the shiny plastic clip on one for weekends.

02-09-09 12:56 AM
    You forgot to capitalize the G in God

There you go bud.. hope your happy now lol
    02-09-09 12:58 AM
    Haha I've dropped mine twice now with the first two days after purchase.

I was checking email when a friend asked to see it. When I handed it to him, mofo dropped it. I watched in horror as it exploded in three pieces just like yours.

It survived and I got insurance the next day lol.

Last edited by catbertz; 02-09-09 at 01:08 AM.
    02-09-09 01:05 AM
    just do it yourself and save $ unless you got $ to spend than i would say go for it! but from what i remember there was about 11 pieces total in the full body kit and it took me about 45 min to install all the pieces... but i took my sweet *** time to make it look perfect. lil stuff bugs me if its not perfect
    Thanks for the help. Little stuff like that bugs me too, that's why I figured taking it to best buy. The littlest bubble will drive me insane!
    02-09-09 01:05 AM
    Thanks for the help. Little stuff like that bugs me too, that's why I figured taking it to best buy. The littlest bubble will drive me insane!
    just take you time and you should be fine use a lot of that spray stuff they give you when installing also
    02-09-09 01:15 AM
    i guess the 3 PIECE EXPLOSION is very common when dropping the storm lol
    02-09-09 01:15 AM
    Yup I had the 3 piece explosion a few weeks ago. It fell right on the screen on a Tile Floor! Only a little scratch on the chrome but you have to look really hard to notice it. I am surprised my screen didn't break. My xv6700 fell the same way and the screen was gone in a heartbeat.
    02-09-09 02:11 AM
    DAY 1 HOUR 7

Walking dog and as I went to change hands, the dog jerked on the leash. A double bounce on the driveway. After I regained consciousness, and upon careful examination, the phone came through unscathed. Only ventricular wall damage suffered by me.
    02-09-09 06:21 AM
    Just the other day. I turned around after picking it up. And there she went. About a 4 foot drop on hardwood flooring. Just the battery door came off.
    02-09-09 06:32 AM
    Dropped mine once in my driveway. It hurt, but now that the first one is out of the way, I no longer have to worry about it. I sleep better at night!
    02-09-09 06:34 AM
    The day I traded my 8330 for my Storm I was in Wal-Mart after leaving Verizon. I was checking out with my phone in my hand and boom it hits the floor. I had a silicone case on it and there was no damage. This was especially crazy since I had my curve for almost a month and had only dropped it once. Then two days later I dropped it in the bathroom at work haha. Its a miracle my phone has sustained no injuries!

02-09-09 08:00 AM
    The first drop actually came from my ex-girlfriend... Now you know why she's my ex... just jk... But yea we were hanging out on the weekend, and she was looking at it and ended up dropping it...

Luckily I have carpet so it wasn't a devastating drop but still upsetting... haha
    02-09-09 08:02 AM
    I dropped mine out of my lap this morning getting out of my SUV. THANK GOD for the silicon case. The chrome had a minimal chip under the silicon but I could only imagine what would of happend without it....
    02-09-09 08:04 AM
    IS will get spray solution under the screen. Just like my buddies. No Thanks.
    02-09-09 08:08 AM
    I've dropped mine a couple times where the battery has popped out..no scratches though as my ghost armor definitely does the job. I'd probably be screwed without it

02-09-09 08:17 AM
    Was at the gas station and while refueling, I went to let my granddaughter watch a video on my storm but she knocked the phone from my hand. Took about a four foot flight and hit the concrete. The battery door flew off, battery stayed in. Screen didn't have any scratches. The only thing is a barely noticable scratch on the chrome on the upper right of the phone. Pretty durable if you ask me. Oh...also dropped it in a pile of snow while walking my dog (better the snow than the other pile I was policing up!). Picked it up, wiped it off and suffered no ill effects.
    Last edited by Randy Sr; 02-09-09 at 08:33 AM.
    02-09-09 08:31 AM
    Dropped mine pulling it out of the case at home. It was sitting on my bookshelf. It took a 4 foot + drop to a tile floor. No three part explosion. ****, the little bugger didn't even get a scratch. I am impressed to say the least.
    02-09-09 08:43 AM
    Have never dropped mine, I'm anal about that, I treat my Storm like a newborn!!!
    02-09-09 09:31 AM
    I dropped mine with case on it. The screen click stopped working in the corners. RIM sent me a new one

02-09-09 09:45 AM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD