i bought the storm because of the "click" and don't get me wrong but i love this phone very well built i dropped it from a third floor window, out of a moving car, out of a back pack riding a bike, dog ran away with it, and it still looks perfect all i have on it is a silicon case and a screen protector. the only problem i have with it is same with everyone else i cant stand the OS and yes i have upgraded. is there any way to give Verizon a sob story and have it traded for a different BB? no i don't want a storm 2 it looks like a pos rubber buttons and no click? wtf? there's no point in that. but a full keyboard with a stable os will make me a happy camper
    05-16-09 06:27 AM
    Then don't get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 06:30 AM
    Then don't get it?

My thoughts exactly!! Not even sure why this was posted.
    05-16-09 06:31 AM
    wait for the blackberry Tour to come out in a couple months. Its pretty much the same thing as a bold but a little better. Thats what I'm going to do, the Tour looks great to me!
    05-16-09 07:18 AM
    wait for the blackberry Tour to come out in a couple months. Its pretty much the same thing as a bold but a little better. Thats what I'm going to do, the Tour looks great to me!
    bb tour? what is this?
    05-16-09 07:24 AM
    Yea, just dont get the Storm 2. Storm 1 works great for me, and I look forward to seeing what the 2 has to offer. I'll tell you one thing it WILL have to offer, and thats a clicking screen!

RIM won and award for surepress...its a great technology and its not going anywhere my friend.
    05-16-09 07:30 AM
    Yea, just dont get the Storm 2. Storm 1 works great for me, and I look forward to seeing what the 2 has to offer. I'll tell you one thing it WILL have to offer, and thats a clicking screen!

RIM won and award for surepress...its a great technology and its not going anywhere my friend.
    Um, are you joking me, have you even seen the new pictures and millions of reports on how the storm 2 will NOT have surepress technology?
    Get with the program.

05-16-09 08:19 AM
    Ya surepress is out... bummer but it's not official yet so we will just have to wait and see
    05-16-09 08:36 AM
    T-Mobile needs to get the Storm 2.
    05-16-09 08:37 AM
    Then don't get it?

Exactly

05-16-09 08:42 AM
    bb tour? what is this?
    the tour is verizon's version of the BOLD essentially. a little bit smaller though.

to the OP...if you can hang on to the storm (since there was no real damage to the phone) wait for the tour and return to a nice qwerty BB!! just my two cents...
    05-16-09 08:45 AM
    Um, are you joking me, have you even seen the new pictures and millions of reports on how the storm 2 will NOT have surepress technology?
    Get with the program.

Um no, smartass, I havent seen any reports that it WONT have surepress. I've seen the pictures and the pictures look like they have the SAME separation between the screen and the frame as the 9530, which leads me to believe that the screen will continue to press in, which is surepress technology. Where are these reports that surepress is done???

Give me the program, and not some stupid rumor and maybe i'll GET WITH IT!
    05-16-09 09:18 AM
    the tour is verizon's version of the BOLD essentially. a little bit smaller though.

to the OP...if you can hang on to the storm (since there was no real damage to the phone) wait for the tour and return to a nice qwerty BB!! just my two cents...
    I don't want a "nice qwerty BB". The half screen is tiny. There's a reason why Apple came out with a FULL SIZE touchscreen phone that conquered the world.

05-16-09 11:45 AM
    "awesome"....
    05-16-09 03:08 PM
    maybe i shouldn't have said so much how about just this?

"is there any way to give Verizon a sob story and have it traded for a different BB"

for those of you who just answerd then don't get it READ THE WHOLE THING... but yeah surepress is out truepress is in.. sad the storm would kick apples *** if verizon and rim would get their s*** together... mostly verizon...
    05-16-09 04:01 PM
    well if you're willing to hang onto the storm...meaning you like the direction its going in, the OS testing hasn't stopped since the phone was given to VZW....statistically speaking, its only a matter of time before RIM gets it right, on purpose or on accident, and we'll get an OS approved by VZW....the fact that it made it this far with no builds means to me that they've gotten the internal n00bs all caught up and so any day now there will be a golden sunrise for which all storm users can gaze upon in wonder....
    05-16-09 04:10 PM
    and that right there put a big smile on my face... "oh look whats what the sun... oh wow... the world is all right again" thanks patches!
    05-16-09 04:49 PM
    what the world needs now

is storm OS, sweet storm OS

its just the kind of thing

that there is

too little of
    05-16-09 04:58 PM
    OMG! Its just a phone!!
    05-16-09 06:13 PM
    what the world needs now

that there is

too little of
    Amen....love it!
    05-16-09 06:49 PM
    OMG! Its just a phone!!
    How dare you! Apologize! lol
    05-17-09 10:46 AM
    OMG! Its just a phone!!
    SSshhh, Dont say that..its a device.
    05-17-09 02:14 PM
    what the world needs now

that there is

too little of
    nice Burt Bacharach reference!
    05-17-09 05:08 PM
    OMG! Its just a phone!!
    OMG, Are you serious! Take that back! NOW!

Sister, I have been saying that and some people don't get it.
    05-17-09 05:43 PM
    OMG, Are you serious! Take that back! NOW!

Sister, I have been saying that and some people don't get it.
    If my Curve died right this second, I'd have my backup activated and get the broken phone replaced sometime that week or the week after that or the week after that....ect etc....

I understand that may be different for people who don't have an at-the-ready backup phone.

Things I would not do:

I would not hold a memorial service for my dead phone.
    I would not suddenly drop into a catatonic state over it.
    I would not make a formal announcement that my phone bit the dust.
    I would not blame RIM or my carrier.

There are many more things I would not do in regards to a phone because at the beginning and end of the day, it is just a phone that doesn't hold any life sustaining properties.
    05-17-09 11:45 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD