How do I go about turning it off?
    01-21-09 01:18 AM
    You don't. Its a feature that can't be turned off on the blackberry. Only way not to have it show up is to not have any email accounts set up on the phone.
    01-21-09 01:25 AM
    Well what niubeav said is half true...you can not disable the message indicator and astrix for your text messages or emails or missed calls...etc...however you can tell it to stop letting you know how many you have or to stop displaying an indicator even if you haven't read them.

in messages > options > General Options > display new message indicator set to off

sorry couldn't be of much help
    01-21-09 03:34 AM
    Well what niubeav said is half true...you can not disable the message indicator and astrix for your text messages or emails or missed calls...etc...however you can tell it to stop letting you know how many you have or to stop displaying an indicator even if you haven't read them.

in messages > options > General Options > display new message indicator set to off

sorry couldn't be of much help
    You probably have already figured this out, but you also should set the "display message count" to "none". However, I'm having the darndest of problems with getting mine to stick. It keeps reverting back to yes, show message indicator. Sooo I can't get my mail icon off for the email I get until I view them.
    01-21-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD