The leaked .148 is the EXACT SAME BUILD AS THE OFFICIAL .148.

PLEASE STOP ASKING THIS
    05-29-09 05:50 PM
    LoL...couldn't have said it better myself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 06:01 PM
    The leaked .148 is the EXACT SAME BUILD AS THE OFFICIAL .148.

PLEASE STOP ASKING THIS
    Yes, all the code modules are the same, but what about installation scripts? With the enterprise software I work with, there are the executable modules, and, separately, there is an installer script (like InstallShield, or perl scripts) that does whatever is needed to install the code modules and do whatever tweaking is needed to migrate from earlier versions. Where does this functionality come into play with the RIM process? Or is this release-specific stuff part of the executable modules?
    Last edited by CharlesH; 05-29-09 at 06:11 PM.
    05-29-09 06:04 PM
    Breathe in.... And out.

Some people just can't help it movie lol

05-29-09 06:04 PM
    EXACT SAME BUILD AS THE OFFICIAL .148.

So .148 is official?

05-29-09 06:21 PM
    No one thinks that the official .148 will be at ALL different than the leaked one?
    05-29-09 06:23 PM
    No one thinks that the official .148 will be at ALL different than the leaked one?
    Yes, there is a difference; you have to wait a few more days to download it from RIM, whereas you can download the leaked one now.
    05-29-09 06:26 PM
    mogul, find a brick wall and introduce you head to it. I will help, i was doing it all night last night
    05-29-09 06:27 PM
    mogul, find a brick wall and introduce you head to it. I will help, i was doing it all night last night
    I feel ya, bro...
    05-29-09 06:52 PM
    Actually, the way to tell is to compare the size of the individual files from the official release build against the leaked ones. When in a testing cycle for software it is fairly common to compile things in debug mode, which has debug symbols and logging/tracing functionality to assist in fixing any bugs that are found. I'm not saying that RIM does this with releases they send to VZW, just that it is not an uncommon practice.

Debug builds typically run slower BTW, because they give the processor more tasks to perform.

05-29-09 09:46 PM
    So, what is the difference between the leaked .148 and the offical one on Sunday?

Should I downgrade back to .75 and then do the offical .148?

My foot is a sleep, should I cut it off?
    05-29-09 09:46 PM
    Actually, the way to tell is to compare the size of the individual files from the official release build against the leaked ones. When in a testing cycle for software it is fairly common to compile things in debug mode, which has debug symbols and logging/tracing functionality to assist in fixing any bugs that are found. I'm not saying that RIM does this with releases they send to VZW, just that it is not an uncommon practice.

Debug builds typically run slower BTW, because they give the processor more tasks to perform.

you are incorrect

So, what is the difference between the leaked .148 and the offical one on Sunday?

Should I downgrade back to .75 and then do the offical .148?

My foot is a sleep, should I cut it off?
    i hope you are being funny and not actually asking any questions....
    05-29-09 09:48 PM
    I really dont get why people are jumping to conclusions saying it will be the same as the leak version. Honestly who knows what rim will do with the official os. There could be a possibility that a few files may be different or not. Just be patient and wait till it comes..
    05-29-09 09:48 PM
    I just upgraded to the leaked 148 and lost my browser. If I upgrade to the official 148 will it come back?
    05-29-09 09:49 PM
    I really dont get why people are jumping to conclusions saying it will be the same as the leak version. Honestly who knows what rim will do with the official os. There could be a possibility that a few files may be different or not. Just be patient and wait till it comes..
    There's no conclusion jumping. If you modify .148, it's no longer .148. That's how software works.
    05-29-09 09:50 PM
    damnit people, they dont make any changes. they make a build, 155 lets say, any other coding changes done to it and it will no longer be 155, it will become a different number.

THERE IS NO ACTUAL CODING CHANGES AT ALL!!

Last edited by howarmat; 05-29-09 at 09:55 PM.
    05-29-09 09:51 PM
    damnit people, they dont make any changes. they make a build, 155 lets say, any other coding changes done to it and it will no longer be 155, it will become a different number.

THERE IS NO ACTUALLY CODING CHANGES AT ALL!!
    Bud... you can say that till you're blue in the mouth. They just won't get it.
    05-29-09 09:52 PM
    Also, can we stop referring to leaked OS as "beta" versions? They're not beta, they're just versions of the OS that may or may not ever see release by a service provider.
    05-29-09 09:53 PM
    The idiots who think there is a difference are the same ones who think every hybrid drastically improves performance.
    05-29-09 09:54 PM
    Because they are not jumping to conclusions. It's been the same with every official update for every Blackberry RIM has developed, regardless of carrier. If something in the OS is changed, the version number changes. If the version numbers are the same between a leak and the official, nothing has been changed (except the adding of the vendor.xml file).

Not that I have a long history with Blackberry...the Storm is my first. But I've read this here in these forums over and over again since I joined last December.
    05-29-09 09:55 PM
    The idiots who think there is a difference are the same ones who think every hybrid drastically improves performance.
    You would think with all the "OMG is so much quicker and snappier the accelerometer is so fast!!!11!!" that by now the ******* phone would explode when you actually use it.
    05-29-09 09:57 PM
    I just upgraded to the leaked 148 and lost my browser. If I upgrade to the official 148 will it come back?
    R O F L. I

No no no you must downgrade to .65 before upgrading

Lol

No no no you must downgrade to .65 before upgrading
    LOL!!!

How've you been spaciorek?
    05-29-09 10:01 PM
    Posts 21-23, you guys just made my day lol.
    05-29-09 10:02 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD