I went to VW today just to see what the fuss was about. I have been looking for any reason to make my iPhone 3G a glorified iPod Touch for some time now... And I finally found my reason.

Impressions:

The push screen was fantastic. Took me a few mins to realize I should place my finger where I want to push first.. then push. You cant just push the buttons you want, it wont recognize it and it will push where the blue highlight is.

Email - Phenomenal. Very well laid out.

Typing - Loved every second of it. I am a great typer on my iphone to the point that I dont even need to look. This phone was even better. The true type or whatever its called was very easy to use, and landscape was great as well.

Surfing the web - Every page I loaded was faster on the storm. It was almost embarrassing to tell you the truth. The iPhone had full signal and the storm had 3 bars, yet, couldnt compete. The browsing itself will take some getting used to, but overall very nice.

Application load times were also great. No more waiting for stuff to open.

I should be getting the phone sometime before Dec15th, so ill cross my fingers! i got 20% off the phone, plan, and dataplan, as well as the $50 rebate taken off instantly!!!! <3 my work... Ended up paying 265 after tax with only a 1 year contract.

Couldnt be happier
    Last edited by psufan5; 11-24-08 at 05:15 PM.
    11-24-08 05:12 PM
    Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you'll be happy with your Storm.
    11-24-08 05:15 PM
    Awesome! And just think, your own personal Storm will be much better than the one you played with at Verizon, I would imagine.
    11-24-08 05:20 PM
    Congrats... i was VERY on the fence about the an iPhone or a Storm.. I almost cracked and bought an iPhone just because I didnt think I could wait any longer, then the release date was revealed and I decided to wait.

It was well worth it!
    11-24-08 05:23 PM
    Glad to here from someone that has an iPhone and is open minded enough to give a decent review.
    11-24-08 05:26 PM
    Nice you bought into the HYPE! Congratz!
    11-24-08 05:29 PM
    Iphone to storm sees awkward...I keep having to remind my roommate he has to push the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 05:33 PM
    I love the iPhone dont get me wrong, but the novelty of it wore off for me. Its not a great communication device, and thats what I primarily use it for. I am excited to get the storm!
    11-24-08 05:34 PM
    i got 20% off the phone, plan, and dataplan, as well as the $50 rebate taken off instantly!!!!
    I was told that phone's are not eligible for corporate discounts IN ADDITION TO the discounted price for signing a contract. It was one or the other. Also that the Storm was not eligible as a corporate discounted item. Did the rep not know what he was talking about?
    11-24-08 05:39 PM
    Storm FTW!!!!! WOOOT!!!
    11-24-08 05:41 PM
    I was told that phone's are not eligible for corporate discounts IN ADDITION TO the discounted price for signing a contract. It was one or the other. Also that the Storm was not eligible as a corporate discounted item. Did the rep not know what he was talking about?
    Considering I got 20% off the voice / Data plan, I think im good. It was through the commonwealth of pennsylvania.
    11-24-08 05:45 PM
    Considering I got 20% off the voice / Data plan, I think im good. It was through the commonwealth of pennsylvania.
    Well yeah I get that, just curious about the price for the phone. Want to make sure the rep didn't scam be regarding the policy on that.
    11-24-08 05:49 PM
    100% wrong. I got the Storm for $149... $199 new plan price - 25% discount through my company.
    11-24-08 05:49 PM
    Total for the phone with a 1 year contract came to 267. 63. Rebate was instant.
    11-24-08 05:51 PM
    100% wrong. I got the Storm for $149... $199 new plan price - 25% discount through my company.
    Stupid Verizon People!

God now I have to call tomorrow and fix this.
    11-24-08 05:53 PM
    Total for the phone with a 1 year contract came to 267. 63. Rebate was instant.
    Oh yeah, and I assume the activation fee was waived as well?
    11-24-08 05:55 PM
    I think the discounts are dependent on who you work for. I didn't get a discount on the phone, I do get discounts on the calling plans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 05:59 PM
    I was told the same thing. I could only get my $50 VIP discount... but not my 25% off Corp discount.
    11-24-08 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD