03-05-09 01:59 PM
68 123
tools
    So are you going to fell like a dumbass when they get all os updated and all your friends are throwing all in your face.....saying you SUCKER!!!
    a hardware revision will be required for me to go back to the Storm.. NO OS will save the phone..
    03-03-09 09:24 PM
    a hardware revision will be required for me to go back to the Storm.. NO OS will save the phone..
    In you case i hope so!!!!!
    By the way i have not read the hole thread what was your main issue?
    03-03-09 09:28 PM
    look at me look at me i am a perfectly working storm

I think you meant "Look at me! Look at me! I bought a phone I really don't like because its the hottest new device and I need attention!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:30 PM
    Really guys,

I might be new to this site, but I'm going to tell you, that the Storm is not a piece of garbage. It's a phone in the midst of becoming a work of art. Sure, it has its kinks, but that's why we have this site, so we can overcome the problems. Also the Storm is the first Touchscreen Blackberry, give the guys some slack at RIM. Also, Nextel, has barely any service. My dads old Moto is lying around with a curse on it. My cousins, and I RANT about it. Worse is that you may not have 3G. Besides the only good place that Sprint MAY get service is in NYC. Verizon gets it almost everywhere. I know, I know, there are problems, but most of them are minor, and just have to be addressed to RIM. We just have to wait for an OS, unless you want to jump off the bandwagon, to *shutters* Sprint.

It's your decision in the end loudysystem, but truthfully, you'll be coming back to Verizon for the 9630 or when the Storm gets better. No one can stick to Sprint for so long. Trust me.
    03-03-09 09:51 PM
    NO OS will save the phone..
    why do you say that? most of the rants here are aimed directly at the os. the prevailing complaints about laggyness, reboots, general instability and lockups are attributed mostly to the earlier os releases. unlesss....*gasp*....you didn't know the storm touchscreen was actually one big button.
    03-03-09 09:52 PM
    Really guys,

I might be new to this site, but I'm going to tell you, that the Storm is not a piece of garbage. It's a phone in the midst of becoming a work of art. Sure, it has its kinks, but that's why we have this site, so we can overcome the problems. Also the Storm is the first Touchscreen Blackberry, give the guys some slack at RIM. Also, Nextel, has barely any service. My dads old Moto is lying around with a curse on it. My cousins, and I RANT about it. Worse is that you may not have 3G. Besides the only good place that Sprint MAY get service is in NYC. Verizon gets it almost everywhere. I know, I know, there are problems, but most of them are minor, and just have to be addressed to RIM. We just have to wait for an OS, unless you want to jump off the bandwagon, to *shutters* Sprint.

It's your decision in the end loudysystem, but truthfully, you'll be coming back to Verizon for the 9630 or when the Storm gets better. No one can stick to Sprint for so long. Trust me.
    sprint will get the CMDA bold a month or two after VZW gets it.. ill stick with Sprint now..

i havnt dropped a single call with sprint yet.. if i was on the storm still i would of dropped 2 or 3 calls by now
    03-03-09 09:55 PM
    why do you say that? most of the rants here are aimed directly at the os. the prevailing complaints about laggyness, reboots, general instability and lockups are attributed mostly to the earlier os releases. unlesss....*gasp*....you didn't know the storm touchscreen was actually one big button.
    lol

even on .109 there are lots of issues.. and i know that there is a nice tiny button in the center
    03-03-09 09:55 PM
    lol

even on .109 there are lots of issues.. and i know that there is a nice tiny button in the center
    but i thought...

...there is a long list of problems with the phone that CAN be fixed with software ...
    and before that you said...

having to click the screen down to type messages is STUPID
    and then you said...

maybe you're just....

lol
    03-03-09 10:12 PM
    LMFAO now i see why there is a "no storm posts" option on the mobile and full sized version of crackberry
    03-03-09 10:14 PM
    i didn't really mean to name call.. i just find it funny that NO ONE i know likes their storm and people on here some how have magical storms that are perfect..
    So you make statement that no one you know likes there storm. How many people is that 2, 3, or a maximum of 10 storm owners. Then you post another blanket statement about people on the Crackberry website you insinuate that must have Magical Storms that are perfect. Its quite possible there are people who have Storms they are happy with, and that might be because for what they want there Storm to do it functions just fine. Maybe you personally had unrealistic expectations and the other people who are happy did not.

Personally I own two Storms. Yes I did the buy one get one free. Why, because that deal gave me a Storm for my girlfriend and myself, offered us both cell phones with the ability to tether in the internet so we could finally get rid of Hughes Net, acts as an MP3 player as well as Free FM radio (so no Ipod needed), allows us to watch movies such as Iron man and any others I choose to load, and many more things that we see as valuable features.

Funny thing you mention Sprint. I did try their Air card. I got faster speeds off the Storm Tethered to my computer than I did off the Sprint Air Card.

You think Sales of the Storm must really suck for Verizon to run the Buy One Get one free deal. What really sucks is the economy so Verizon just did what other companies do that want to drive sales, they made a very good offer to their customers. On the other hand, I think I read just prior to that Sale that Sprint laid off about 8000 people. Who is laughing now? I bet the 8000 people who were laid off from Sprint aren't and I bet the wish that Sprint had run a similar sale of something to possibly keep some of them employed a little longer.

As far as Networks go, Verizon is the Old GTE network and has more service across the USA than anyone else. I know because I have traveled coast to coast while driving my motor home. Sprint rents space on other companies towers. Again different people have different needs. Maybe Sprint does offer the best coverage in your area and thats great if you ever have to travel anywhere else.

Jason
    03-03-09 10:17 PM
    Why didn't CX just lock this thread /sigh

Sprint uses some of Verizon towers...to say that you would have lost a call on Verizon means you lost one on Sprint

03-03-09 10:19 PM
    Why didn't CX just lock this thread /sigh

Sprint uses some of Verizon towers...to say that you would have lost a call on Verizon means you lost one on Sprint

are any of you VZW fanboys aware that your phone could be responsible for dropping calls?
    just wow!! god forbid somebody doesnt like that hunk of junk called the storm
    then we have this idiocy about if you lost a call on VZW that means you lost one on sprint
    i swear VZW must sell ***** sauce with their phones...thats the only explanation as to why so many VZW users act like complete idiots when anybody challenges the farce that VZW is somehow the greatest cell phone company known to man
    03-04-09 08:05 AM
    Where you have fanboy's you also have hater's. The hater's will always hate a product/service regardless of how superior it becomes.
    03-04-09 08:30 AM
    ewww, curve is old and boring
    03-04-09 08:44 PM
    I travel for a living in a semi truck. I sleep in the truck so there's no motels and my cell phone is my business, personal and only phone. I travel from Seattle to Miami & from LA to Boston and everywhere in between. Sprint works great in some big cities but don't venture far off the interstate, because Sprint doesn't do country coverage very well. I was in Omaha, NE this last summer and I watched my Sprint cell signal fade off & drop an extremely important call. I called their customer service and couldn't get anyone in the states. It was Asia & India. They said the call fade was due to the trees. There wasn't any. Then it was the mountains; in Omaha? They said it had to be to be the skyscrapers. I told them they were way off. Needless to say Sprint is OK if you don't travel much.

Maybe that's why the Storm wasn't released on the Sprint network. The Storm with it's issues would even be worse on a lacking network.

Also, didn't the iPhone go through several releases befor it got better? I remember at least 1 or 2. It seems whenever they release a new gadget the 1st one is always the test model. I read that Amazon book reader just got redone and they say that the new one is much better.
    Last edited by Boink; 03-04-09 at 08:58 PM.
    03-04-09 08:56 PM
    This just in, im delusional....apparently after traveling 17 states in the US and never missed a beat on Verizon...can you say the same
    03-05-09 09:39 AM
    This just in, im delusional....apparently after traveling 17 states in the US and never missed a beat on Verizon...can you say the same
    I can. I travel extensively throughout the US with my job and my AT&T service is great. Unless you carry and AT&T phone with you, you wouldn't really know if you had service in your 17 states or not...
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 03-05-09 at 01:45 PM.
    03-05-09 01:20 PM
    family vacations from FL to NY and from FL to texas, the only time i started to get subpar service was after passing through alabama it started getting really sketchy but picked back up when we went into more populated areas of Mississippi and Louisiana until we hit open texas...then it went gay until we started getting back into the cities

4 years on verizon and the only times my calls have dropped were once with my old Moto and a couple of times on my storm, so i can vouch for Verizon service being stellar
    03-05-09 01:59 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD