Hah! We are not defensive; We are not saying "OMG THE STORM IS ULTRA COOL! U FAIL AT LIFE AND U WILL REGRET U WERE EVER BORN CAUSE U MAD A WRONG DECISION!" Instead we believe it is funny that someone would come to a blackberry storm sub-forum and believe that his unsupported opinion could sway us into choosing a phone which we upgraded from. He previously stated that he believed the whole clicking onto the screen idea was dumb; I respect his opinion, but honestly - The press/touch screen was the whole concept behind the Blackberry Storm, and if he did not like it, why did he buy it?
    It is pure comedy
    this is the RANT SECTION OF THE FORUM ******!!!! thus i am ranting that the storm is a piece of garbage

and i bought it because it was supposed to be the hot new device.. i gave it a few months to see if it would get better..

since its been almost THREE MONTHS since a certified software release was sent to Storm owners id say VZW and RIM dont really care about storm owners.. plus the awesome Buy one get one free is hilarious.. storm sales must be pretty crappy
    03-03-09 12:18 PM
    this is the RANT SECTION OF THE FORUM ******!!!! thus i am ranting that the storm is a piece of garbage

and i bought it because it was supposed to be the hot new device.. i gave it a few months to see if it would get better..

since its been almost THREE MONTHS since a certified software release was sent to Storm owners id say VZW and RIM dont really care about storm owners.. plus the awesome Buy one get one free is hilarious.. storm sales must be pretty crappy
    I don't remember CrackBerry Storm meh calling you any names... chill out. you are entitled to your opinion. Many of us disagree with you, but guess what, we are also entitled to our opinions as well.

One other comment about the sales - I don't know how they're doing, but if it's anything like it is here where I live, there are a sh!t ton of people that have shown up with this phone here recently around here
    03-03-09 12:36 PM
    i didn't really mean to name call.. i just find it funny that NO ONE i know likes their storm and people on here some how have magical storms that are perfect..
    03-03-09 02:14 PM
    i didn't really mean to name call.. i just find it funny that NO ONE i know likes their storm and people on here some how have magical storms that are perfect..
    the people who have storms that work right probably know how to install a leaked os and manage the device to where it works great for them. *raises hand*

a lot of the people who are having problems are probably still stuck on the official os, installed a bunch of crappy apps, haven't customized any settings, didn't play with the touchscreen enough to figure out if they could like it and had expectations probably along the lines of iphone functionality.

you know, the ones that only buy something because it's the hot new thing.

btw have you tried the cookies yet?
    03-03-09 03:43 PM
    not sure if you heard, but my storms perfect.

Oh and the BOGO was after they sold 1 million Storms, oh and thats just Verizon...wonder how many the rest of the world sold eh?
    03-03-09 03:48 PM
    the people who have storms that work right probably know how to install a leaked os and manage the device to where it works great for them. *raises hand*

a lot of the people who are having problems are probably still stuck on the official os, installed a bunch of crappy apps, haven't customized any settings, didn't play with the touchscreen enough to figure out if they could like it and had expectations probably along the lines of iphone functionality.

you know, the ones that only buy something because it's the hot new thing.

btw have you tried the cookies yet?
    i have owned blackberries for the past 7 years. i ran beta OS on previous BBs and on the storm.

how many minutes, texts, bb messages, and emails do you receive and send per day on the phone?
    03-03-09 03:56 PM
    not sure if you heard, but my storms perfect.

Oh and the BOGO was after they sold 1 million Storms, oh and thats just Verizon...wonder how many the rest of the world sold eh?
    neat.. plenty of other phones have sold well over a million lol..
    03-03-09 03:57 PM
    lol you guys are dead on as fan boys.. its so funny.. its hard to read anything negative and i really dont understand why..

and the point is for people who are hesitant to go back to another phone this is just another thread like many others showing that its worth switching back to something else
    03-03-09 04:06 PM
    look at me look at me i am a perfectly working storm

03-03-09 04:09 PM
    my phone bill went from 185 a month to 135 a month for the SAME EXACT THING

i am glad to be rid of that storm too.. ITS A PEICE OF GARBAGE

Verizon has displayed they dont give a crap about their buyers.. NO UPDATE since dec?? pathetic

there are so many things wrong with the storm its not worth investing a penny in

GOOD RIDDANCE
    You're not paying $135 for the EXACT same thing....your paying $135 for no 3G and half the network. Enjoy.

Posted from my Storm running an almost flawless .109

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 05:09 PM
    lol you guys are dead on as fan boys.. its so funny.. its hard to read anything negative and i really dont understand why..

and the point is for people who are hesitant to go back to another phone this is just another thread like many others showing that its worth switching back to something else
    of course we're fanboys, we're on CRACKBERRY.COM! lol You have said nothing negative that we have gone back and said was wrong. We were simply saying good bye and good riddance. this phone isnt for everyone. no one called you any names (some have said things about the network) but honestly, dude, why keep posting here? We got it, you don't like the Storm, we got it....
    03-03-09 05:30 PM
    Meh... I've had my issues with the storm, but anything thats happened I consider to be relatively minor as it's rare for me to have problems. I actually found that i'm most stable running .103.

On average I receive about 200 emails a day and send/receive approx 300 - 400 txts daily.
    03-03-09 05:30 PM
    BTW... anyone that goes this far to put down a device is usually a fanboy of another device and they want their device to to shine.
    03-03-09 05:31 PM
    My storm is running perfect too, but i guess im a fanboi?
    03-03-09 05:35 PM
    BTW... anyone that goes this far to put down a device is usually a fanboy of another device and they want their device to to shine.
    haha! I'm just glad he went back to another BB device and didn't jump ship completely!
    03-03-09 05:35 PM
    Why does anyone care either way? Really? Seriously, this smartphone stuff brings out the worst in people.

Why bother with a rant and rave thread anyway if you won't let anyone "rant" in it? Is that not what it's for or are so many of you so lifeless that you must respond in anger and ugliness to everyone that doesn't share your positive opinion to this or any other blackberry device? Are you so consumed by a piece of metal and plastic that you actually troll the rant threads just to find someone to argue with or put down?

I don't mind a good X vs. Y device debate in the correct format and forum. But this is exactly the place where he should have been able to "rant" about it without being attacked. The cookie offers reek of sarcasm so thick that it's obvious even in writing. Why bother at all? If you didn't really care that he went back to the Curve or Sprint, you wouldn't have even responded. But you did and that means that some of you are so unhealthily consumed with RIM/Storm or other device that you feel you must mock and scold everyone who says anything negative about it every dang time. EVERY DANG THREAD.

You attitude is very fascist as it clearly is "If you don't have anything nice to say about the Storm or RIM, don't say anything at all". That's really sad. Is it not enough that some like it and some don't? Isn't that true of every thing in life? You tell the OP, "Why should we care what you do?" and then turn around and make the statement "Mine works fine!". So, if you aren't supposed to care that the OP had problems with his, why should he care that you don't? How does that fact that your device works fine help him in his voice/data needs?

The anger and sometimes hated projected at people in these forums is just outrageous. They are supposed to be informative, helpful and to discuss likes and dislikes. No one is compelled to respond to a post so if it upsets you so much, just skip over it.

Also, if you really don't want a place for users to rant, why don't you solicit the mod's or owners of the site to remove it? Then it will just be the ultimate fanboy site and any complaints can be taken to other forums for discussion so no one's happy little bubble bursts.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 03-03-09 at 05:54 PM.
    03-03-09 05:49 PM

You attitude is very fascist as it clearly is "If you don't have anything nice to say about the Storm or RIM, don't say anything at all". That's really sad. Is it not enough that some like it and some don't? Isn't that true of every thing in life? You tell the OP, "Why should we care what you do?" and then turn around and make the statement "Mine works fine!". So, if you aren't supposed to care that the OP had problems with his, why should he care that you don't? How does that fact that your device works fine help him in his voice/data needs?
    What we're messing with him about now is that he keeps coming back in here, lol. no one really put down his original rant too bad...
    03-03-09 05:56 PM
    You know the drugaddict of the family no one ever wants to deal with, thats the OP.

Even if he's still in the family, no one will ever like him....ever
    Your right i do care, i care enough for him to go back to the Curve forums and stay the **** out of here.
    What we're messing with him about now is that he keeps coming back in here, lol. no one really put down his original rant too bad...
    I don't know. Seems pretty harsh to be and getting worse by the post....

I can see your point if he just keeps coming here to rant but again, I am confused. Is this not the appropriate place to do so?
    03-03-09 05:58 PM
    I cleaned up this thread. If you have nothing useful to add to the thread, then keep it moving and dont post. But all of these disrespectful posts will not be tolerated.
    03-03-09 06:18 PM
    this is a rant. how could one possibly have something useful and constructive to add to a thread like this? the op obviously wants to incite negative responses through his inflammatory comments....

.. ITS A PEICE OF GARBAGE
    .. having to click the screen down to type messages is STUPID

its time to face the facts.. the storm is a piece of garbage

we get it. he thinks the storm is a piece of garbage. why allow it to go on and on and on especially since he's moved on to a great device like the curve? if the op is intentionally inflammatory in his/her comments, is it so out of place that some posters respond in kind?

why let someone incite the crowd and then get all stuffy about it when the crowd starts throwing rocks? maybe we shouldn't let either happen, but that defeats the purpose of a rants sub forum doesn't it...

personally i think he made a great choice in going back to the curve, hence the cookies! i think our cookie offerings added as much context to the discussion as the op's ad nauseam rant.
    03-03-09 08:32 PM
    Why does anyone care either way? Really? Seriously, this smartphone stuff brings out the worst in people.

Why bother with a rant and rave thread anyway if you won't let anyone "rant" in it? Is that not what it's for or are so many of you so lifeless that you must respond in anger and ugliness to everyone that doesn't share your positive opinion to this or any other blackberry device? Are you so consumed by a piece of metal and plastic that you actually troll the rant threads just to find someone to argue with or put down?

I don't mind a good X vs. Y device debate in the correct format and forum. But this is exactly the place where he should have been able to "rant" about it without being attacked. The cookie offers reek of sarcasm so thick that it's obvious even in writing. Why bother at all? If you didn't really care that he went back to the Curve or Sprint, you wouldn't have even responded. But you did and that means that some of you are so unhealthily consumed with RIM/Storm or other device that you feel you must mock and scold everyone who says anything negative about it every dang time. EVERY DANG THREAD.

The anger and sometimes hated projected at people in these forums is just outrageous. They are supposed to be informative, helpful and to discuss likes and dislikes. No one is compelled to respond to a post so if it upsets you so much, just skip over it.

Also, if you really don't want a place for users to rant, why don't you solicit the mod's or owners of the site to remove it? Then it will just be the ultimate fanboy site and any complaints can be taken to other forums for discussion so no one's happy little bubble bursts.
    wow.. cant say anything.. very nice

the storm is very frustrating. im not a moron. i have owned blackberries for a long time. i run a business that installs IP based control systems in 10-20k sq ft homes. im not new to electronics by any means.

I gave the storm so many chances. i tried so hard but using 3500-4500 day time minutes, receiving on average about 100 emails a day and i would TRY to reply to them but just couldnt. i would received probably 50 BB messenger messages and not many texts since many of my friends have a blackberry and BB msg OWNS ALL. my phone would be dead at 1 pm almost daily. i had a charger in my bedroom, office, laptop bag, truck etc. I would constantly get so angry with the phone from crashing or locking up or being stuck in some landscape mode i would want to throw it out the window.. sadly i actually got so pissed i threw it across the room once it survived just fine though lol. i swapped out my phone a total of 3 times ( 4 phones ) all of them required a cut up business card to click right, all of them had horrible battery life ( got new batteries) etc etc etc i could go on and on and on but it doesn't matter. The fan boys here are IN LOVE WITH THE PHONE. I dont for one single second believe anyones storm has not had a hiccup or problem. Many of my friends have the storm and are miserable but everyone is keeping them on the hope that it will get better. i dont see it happening until a new hardware version comes out or at least the ability to NOT have to click the screen.

And i keep coming back here because im not one to let someone make a lame comment and then leave it.. if you want to be a fan boy and fight for the storm you are going to have to work for it...
    03-03-09 08:44 PM
    this is a rant. how could one possibly have something useful and constructive to add to a thread like this? the op obviously wants to incite negative responses through his inflammatory comments....

we get it. he thinks the storm is a piece of garbage. why allow it to go on and on and on especially since he's moved on to a great device like the curve? if the op is intentionally inflammatory in his/her comments, is it so out of place that some posters respond in kind?

why let someone incite the crowd and then get all stuffy about it when the crowd starts throwing rocks? maybe we shouldn't let either happen, but that defeats the purpose of a rants sub forum doesn't it...

personally i think he made a great choice in going back to the curve, hence the cookies! i think our cookie offerings added as much context to the discussion as the op's ad nauseam rant.
    as it has been mentioned this forum is called the RANT FORUM

rant (rnt)
    v. rant�ed, rant�ing, rants
    v.intr.
    To speak or write in a angry or violent manner; rave.
    v.tr.
    To utter or express with violence or extravagance: a dictator who ranted his vitriol onto a captive audience.
    n.
    1. Violent or extravagant speech or writing.
    2. A speech or piece of writing that incites anger or violence: "The vast majority [of teenagers logged onto the Internet] did not encounter recipes for pipe bombs or deranged rants about white supremacy" Daniel Okrent.
    3. Chiefly British Wild or uproarious merriment.
    03-03-09 08:45 PM
    Just get an iphone problem solved
    03-03-09 08:50 PM
    as it has been mentioned this forum is called the RANT FORUM

exactly! if you can dish it you can take it, right? hope you got to try the cookies before they were deleted...lol
    03-03-09 09:10 PM
    So are you going to fell like a dumbass when they get all os updated and all your friends are throwing all in your face.....saying you SUCKER!!!
    03-03-09 09:15 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD