It says looking for new software than says no software upgrade is required for your device? help anyone?
    12-28-08 01:38 AM
    nvm now it's working so weird lol
    12-28-08 01:41 AM
    Disable your internet connection, it is looking online for an update. It should work fine afterwards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:43 AM
    i always just go straight to the c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader folder and run the apploader directly from there and bypass the desktop manager all together and i have not had this problem since
    12-28-08 01:51 AM
    I have tried this both ways with DM and with the App Loader and neither way finds anything to install. Do you have to wipe the device first?
    12-28-08 04:43 AM
    I had the same issue and found that when I deleted the vendor file it worked fine.

I have Verizon service and this was the first upgrade that didn't work until I deleted this file.
    12-28-08 05:46 AM
    I have deleted the vendor file and disconnected from the Internet and nothing!
    12-28-08 07:25 AM
    12-28-08 08:52 AM
    I have deleted the vendor file and disconnected from the Internet and nothing!
    you downloaded it but did you install it onto your PC?
    12-28-08 09:22 AM
    I removed DM and reinstalled without the update function. I then installed the .85 file on my laptop. I disconnected from the internet on the safe side! I deleted all vendor.xml files. No change!
    12-28-08 10:50 AM
    I removed DM and reinstalled without the update function. I then installed the .85 file on my laptop. I disconnected from the internet on the safe side! I deleted all vendor.xml files. No change!
    Did you run a search for vendor.xml files that includes hidden files? I tried to find the vendor file at the location mentioned in the thread and it wasn't there. I ran a search and it found the file...don't remember where though.
    12-28-08 10:54 AM
    The second thread on this sub forum has a great to do. It's stickied. Check it out as it also has 2 other really helpful links.
    12-28-08 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD