I know these topics are discussed to death, but I need the help of CB because I just can't make up my mind...

Should I skin the Storm or use a Siedo Holster?

On one hand, I think having a holster hanging off the side of my hip would be a bit cumbersome.

On the other hand, skins can look pretty ugly on a phone.

Thoughts? Experiences?
    12-16-08 03:09 PM
    Anyone? Your opinions matter to me...
    12-16-08 03:20 PM
    i tried the Invisible shield skins.. I ended up taking it off after about a day... Even though I had no bubbles and it was a flawless install... I didn't like the feel of it nor did I like the feel of the seams. The only thing I did like was how the screen didn't smudge as bad.

I am currently using a clip holster. Screen faces in and I am happy with it so far. I bought it at best buy. Puts the phone to sleep when holstered.

I don't like the feel of the rubberized skins either as they add extra bulk. I have tried just about everything on every winmo or smart phone I have ever owned and always go back to naked and a holster... BUT THATS JUST ME!

Hope that helps
    12-16-08 03:26 PM
    honestly i would say neither and get the OEM blackberry leather pouch lol
    12-16-08 03:27 PM
    I had the black rubber skin on mine...it just takes something away from the phone. It didn't look as good. I'm back to just using the holster.
    12-16-08 03:28 PM
    I skinned mine as soon as I got it with Ghost Armor...I ALMOST pulled it off the next day because I didn't like the edges either. I am glad I left it on.

The Batman look isn't for me either...seriously, a cell phone on your belt isn't a fashion accessory, you look like a dweeb...don't think so?? Ask the first woman you see for their opinion.

I also use the OEM leather sleeve when I put it in my car or airline seatback.
    12-16-08 03:40 PM
    Depends. If your the type of person that has their phone hidden away (pocket, purse or book bag). If you are, then then the rubber skin would probably be more appropriate. But if you are out and about, need instant access to your phone and use it frequently, then you should probably get a holster or belt clip.
    Last edited by Double 0; 12-16-08 at 03:46 PM.
    12-16-08 03:42 PM
    I skinned mine as soon as I got it with Ghost Armor...I ALMOST pulled it off the next day because I didn't like the edges either. I am glad I left it on.

The Batman look isn't for me either...seriously, a cell phone on your belt isn't a fashion accessory, you look like a dweeb...don't think so?? Ask the first woman you see for their opinion.

I also use the OEM leather sleeve when I put it in my car or airline seatback.
    Lol, hadn't heard that one before. I'll be sure to ask some of the women that I work with and see what that say.
    12-16-08 03:45 PM
    I use the black rubber skin on mine. Helps keep it from sliding around, and helps in small drops. I dont like wearing a phone on my side so this is a good option for me. I do dislike how it takes away from the storms good looks though.
    12-16-08 03:50 PM
    I don't do holsters personally but I know they work for many people. And I hate an oversized rubber skin that won't fit into docks and are hard to get in and out of pockets. I will probably just install Phantom Skinz (screen only) this week and possibly look for a small leather sleeve or pouch that slides in and out easily.
    12-16-08 04:37 PM
    i bought the best buy holster and it broke after 3 weeks...so i took it back and got another one and also ordered one from seidio....The best buy one has a bigger belt clip and it seems a little more secure, but the seidio one is definitely built more durable and....both put the phone in sleep mode
    12-16-08 04:41 PM
    I have the OEM fake leather holster, which works great, however.. I don't really care for carrying around a holster.

I will more than likely continue to use the holster when at work and having easy access to the phone is nice, but for after hours and when out with friends, etc.. I will be getting the Blackberry black silicone case.

This will give the phone a little extra protection from all the people that want to handle it and I don't have to wear the holster when not at work.

I am also undecided about what to do with the Invisible Shield I purchased for it..

So, in summary.. I choose both a holster and a skin!
    12-16-08 04:46 PM
    I got a clear hard shell the cover that I got at the verizon store and I also have a leather belt clip case. I don't like too much stuff in my pockets and this offers enough protection...and about looking like a dweeb...I guess that all depends on how you carry yourself. some people just look like "dweebs" with or without a Storm.
    12-17-08 02:46 AM
    LMAO! It's absolutely true. People wear their phones like it's a badge of honor, or to say "hey..look how important I am". Also, love the people you see walking around the grocery store with a BT headset on. Seriously.....
    12-17-08 03:28 AM
    I've used clips/holsters for years, I'm another person who hates having alot of stuff in my pockets. Generally its covered by my shirt or this time of year, sweatshirt, but I think they keep the phone in better condition. My 6800 is the first I've had show wear on the top of the phone from being taken out and put into the clip, But the screen is flawless.

As for the BT earpiece, walk up to those people and ask them "are you really that important?" just watch their reaction... priceless
    12-17-08 06:02 AM
    i also hate to have any thing in my pocket so i use a leather belt clip with a silicon protective case i have a invisible shield full body kit on the way i don't like the silicon case it is like it attracts fuzz
    12-17-08 07:18 AM
    I have a BSE, I put it in a leather pouch and when not in the pouch, I put on the silicone case. Im also thinking about drilling a hole in it somewhere so I can attach a wrist strap or neck strap. I used my flux capacitor to create an anti-gravity orb for it at home, so it just floats at a preset proximity to my person. The cost of generating the 1.21 gigawatts is starting to hurt so I may reconsider that option.

LOL. Sorry, couldnt resist.

Actually, I still have the OEM screen 'cover' on it and used the battery cover, earpiece and microphone skin only. It still looks bone stock and has some protection. I take my time when handling my phone.
    Last edited by Carbon Coupe; 12-17-08 at 07:37 AM.
    12-17-08 07:35 AM
    Mine comes today and I picked up a skin yesterday. I like the skin becuase it improves my grip on it (meaning no drops) and with the black skin, I like the look. Also, even as a young professional wearing a suit every day, the holster look just isn't "in" anymore. The phone's small enough the fit in a pocket or purse.
    *Plus, my wife told me even her dad gave up the holster...haha
    12-17-08 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD