I finally went over to the dark side and joined the BB world by getting a 9530. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone thinks that a Storm (or BB devices and systems in general) are anything but junk. I truly believe that it is one of the most user-unfriendly devices ever made. Are you people masochists? Sheesh. I could list pages of gripes about it. I guess I shouldn't have tried the iPhone 1st.....and I don't even like it. I thought Microsoft was bad, as far as buggy software goes.

On the plus side, when someone finally comes out with a smartphone or BB-like device that is actually well designed, then they will own the market!
    06-01-09 08:32 AM
    BBs are great phones, the storm does have a lot of problems but most of the storms problems CAN be fixed with an OS upgrade. You should of just waited for the tour.
    06-01-09 08:35 AM
    Or list a problem that you have, you said there's pages of problems yet you didn't list one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 08:49 AM
    Yeah, the Storm is pretty bad! There's no hope for that thing anymore..not even with a leak OS upgrade. Luckily, the Storm 2 will be out this year...we hope. I won't be getting it though.
    06-01-09 08:58 AM
    Man quit whining and update ur OS and learn how to use your device....or maybe its too complicated for you, lol

06-01-09 08:59 AM
    Everyone is different. Not everyone has your opinion.
    06-01-09 09:02 AM
    On the plus side, when someone finally comes out with a smartphone or BB-like device that is actually well designed, then they will own the market!
    Well until then, it might be best of you just wait until such a device comes out and let everyone else do the smartphone buying and using until then.
    06-01-09 09:19 AM
    I finally went over to the dark side and joined the BB world by getting a 9530. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone thinks that a Storm (or BB devices and systems in general) are anything but junk. I truly believe that it is one of the most user-unfriendly devices ever made. Are you people masochists? Sheesh. I could list pages of gripes about it. I guess I shouldn't have tried the iPhone 1st.....and I don't even like it. I thought Microsoft was bad, as far as buggy software goes.

I cant believe a noob like you actually created an account just to have your first post rant about you not believing what other people like. (Run on?) Get over yourself, what a way to waste your first post dude.
    06-01-09 09:24 AM
    Hmm. One post to rant, no other replies. Troll?
    06-01-09 09:26 AM
    Everyone is different. Not everyone has your opinion.
    Exactly. And honestly it is a device you love or hate.
    06-01-09 09:27 AM
    Mods please move this thread to rant/rave section

thanks
    06-01-09 09:45 AM

User unfriendly? U are kidding right.
    I ain't gonna say it.
    06-01-09 10:02 AM
    Yayy!! more first post storm bashing!

I wonder if trolls will ever tire of going through the hassle of creating an account simply to demonstrate their ignorance to the world

This time he decides to troll the entire BB device line?

ohhh my
    06-01-09 10:02 AM
    The storm is not a bad device it just takes time and effort to learn and understand becuase it it is designed to be a powerful business tool not a play toy. The iphone is great for what it is but I could never do my job with it. I have had a storm since day 1 and I run .75 which works pretty damn well to be honest. It's not perfect, but anyone who has that big a problem with it obviously never owned a windows mobile device like the XV6700 or treo 700W. Is it up to par with other blackberrys I have owned? No, not quite but if you don't want to be part of the learning curve don't buy a first generation, ground breaking device.
    06-01-09 10:06 AM

I wonder if trolls will ever tire of going through the hassle of creating an account simply to demonstrate their ignorance to the world

ohhh my
    This phone is stupid simple; especially at multitasking.
    Ohhhhh well if one can't figure that out well.....um
    no comment.
    Yeah it may have had it's problems as far as mem leaks
    and a few flaws here and ther but overall; switching back
    and forth between running apps this os is darn near seamless.

What doo trolls eat anyway.
    Do they still hide under bridges in swamp water pi$$
    06-01-09 10:08 AM

What doo trolls eat anyway.
    Do they still hide under bridges in swamp water pi$$
    hahaha best case scenario maybe
    06-01-09 10:10 AM

ohhh my
    At least (he/she) knows how to create an account.

The op, if you are have problems with the storm or bb post it.
    If you are just going to complain for the sake of complaining, then you are just taking up space. And go back to what ever product forum you belong and stay there.
    06-01-09 10:13 AM
    OK, here's a short list:

- Call quality is absolutely horrible. People complain to me about it, and everyone knew I had switched. (What's with your phone? Did you change phones?) I can instantly tell when I am talking to another person whether he has a BB. (RIM obviously spends all their time on the email stuff, and forgot that most people use it as a phone.....)
    - Device loses 2 minutes every two weeks. Idiots at RIM obviously haven't figured out how to sync local network with phone to keep phone on time.
    - IT dept at our company said that 90% of new Storm users returned them.
    - Won't let you get on the network with low battery, even when you attach charger. Better have a spare battery if you wan't to use the phone
    - Constantly locks up, freezes, really slooooooowwwww response to typing, at times won't respond to typing at all for a few seconds.
    - Cannot use websites of airlines at all, which is (I would think) something that a road warrior (like me) would absolutely need. Won't allow you to enter things in drop down lists.
    - Absolutely useless for browsing;slow as molasses.
    - VZW nav feature is useless, (compared to Iphone.) Scroll maps, doesn't move right many times, takes forever to move, redraw...
    - Just updated OS, took forever to upgrade, said didn't have enough memory. Deleted all usused files; didn't matter. Had to remove battery and reboot to clear memory
    - Had trouble typing from the start, (big guy, big thumbs) thought it would improve over time. Hasn't. Main problem is algorithm to respond to touch. Have tried all different settings for touch, doesn't matter. Many screens that require input keep input buttons tiny, even if there is space to make input buttons 10 times larger. The echo for the key pressed is tiny. NOTE: I don't have ANY problems typing on the Iphone. Larger buttons where possible, echo is HUGE so you can instantly see mis-typed stuff.
    - Can instantly tell if I get an email from BB users in my company. All kinds of typos.
    - Doesn't have a decent screen lock. Should have TWO types of locks; one that doesn't require password to open. (My company has a tight security setting.) ***** developers put a large emergency call icon on screen when locked. Have dialed 911 twice while in pocket. Have a number of BB users calling me all the time while phone in pocket.
    - Had to disable side buttons. Who's the ***** that designed these?
    - Camera locks up constantly.
    - Note to developers; if unit is busy on internal routines, place icon showing this instead of just not responding to input.

These are just a few items.....I'll post more later....
    06-01-09 10:16 AM
    I say lets hang him....definitely a troll........
    06-01-09 10:18 AM

see what you get for bashing the BBs? maybe you should try a Nokia 6110
    06-01-09 10:19 AM
    Other Blackberry devices are not as bad as the Storm. I honestly do not see RIM being a player much longer, M$ will grow their market share because they are M$, and the Android, iPhone and Pre are great devices, I do not see any room for RIM.
    06-01-09 10:22 AM
    FLAME BAIT!!!

Ok, ill bite

Interesting that the OP hates BB's, but thinks a "BB-like device" would "own the market"......

To clarify, for the obvious ***** (and so I don't have to waste more time on this thread), BB (RIM) owns the market. There will NEVER be a "BB-like device".

User-friendly??

Someone sends you an email....your phone beeps.

Dial a number, press send.

Open media, play a song.

HOW MUCH MORE "USER-FRIENDLY" DO YOU WANT???

****** <~ (pick a word, any word)

06-01-09 10:25 AM
    You gotta wonder what sort of dysfunctional mind feels rewarded for trolling like this.

06-01-09 10:26 AM
    see what you get for bashing the BBs? maybe you should try a Nokia 6110
    I went from an LG phone to the 9530. LG phone was perfect call quality, horrible for email. Wife has Iphone, it's OK, not great, would have gone to it but company doesn't have enterprise email for it, and take a special dispensation process to get it approved.

I sacrificed excellent call quality and insanely long battery life (but poor email) for a device with poor call quality, insanely short battery life, and marginal email support; poor usability at that.

How can any of you argue that the statements I have made above are not true?
    06-01-09 10:27 AM
    Other Blackberry devices are not as bad as the Storm. I honestly do not see RIM being a player much longer, M$ will grow their market share because they are M$, and the Android, iPhone and Pre are great devices, I do not see any room for RIM.
    Except for the fact that RIM has the most secure mobile information system out of all the players in the market. Companies want to know first and foremost that their data will be secure when sending it out to employees on the move. And until the other players demonstrate that they can match RIM's level, RIM has plenty of room.

RIM's got the whole US government (even the big cheese himself is sporting a BlackBerry, not an iPhone or a G1) and countless Fortune 500 companies in its pockets. Going to be very hard to dig them out...
    06-01-09 10:28 AM
188 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD