I spent alot of money to get a storm. I came from a RAZR, so this was my first venture into Blackberry devices. I wanted to love my storm, I tried to love my storm. I have tried almost every leaked OS and a couple hybrids including the 5.0Hybrid I have installed now.

But the truth is the truth, my phone is laggy to respond, freezes one or two times daily(even tho I have quick pull scheduled to restart at 3am everyday), and just not worth the frustartion for the money.

I guess I was expecting the phone to work better overall. It has let me down. I will not buy a storm 2 and I cannot believe that there are so many people willing to give their money to RIM for a storm 2 after such problems with the storm.

And what is pretty frustrating is that they are coming out with a new storm even tho this storm is not a good device yet? So RIm's attitiude is " well we cant get the storm right but hey lets sell people the storm 2, they are suckers so lets do it"

Is everybody else really happy with the storm?

In my mind if you do not like a product you do not buy from that company again. Seems simple but I see alot of people want the storm 2.

I don't know. I guess thats my rant. I'm confused at all the crazy people wanting another RIM device.

John.
    05-19-09 04:58 PM
    wassup wassup
    05-19-09 05:00 PM
    please move to the rants forum
    05-19-09 05:04 PM
    I've had my storm for 6 months now. I love it and will probably go for the Storm 2. Can't be any worse

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 05:06 PM
    I like my storm, no phones perfect i had a RAZR for about a month as a work phone hated it so much i refused to have it any more and used my personal phone.

with everything not all people will like it
    05-19-09 05:10 PM
    If u hate it that much pm me and ill trade u ur "bad" storm for my great curve

05-19-09 05:15 PM
    what i heard about storm 2 was that they just added up a wifi connection....who uses wifi on their blackberry regularly man? seriously?
    05-19-09 05:17 PM
    I agree they shouldn't come out with a new storm when they haven't fixed the problems with the first

05-19-09 05:20 PM
    go ahead wayfr, say this should be in the rant forum

BUT.....

I cannot be the only one to feel this way.

I just can't believe there are so many people "happy" with the storm.

I honestly have not been happy with my storm since day one. And I'm on my second one........ so why should I give RIM more money? That is an honest question, If you can give me a good reason why they deserve my hard earned money, I'll give it to them. Until then, I'm S.O.L........and that makes baby jesus cry....
    05-19-09 05:24 PM
    Relax people! This is still all rumors! Believe it when you see it!
    05-19-09 05:24 PM
    I wasn't very happy with my Storm overall until I installed a BBC hybrid and got rid of most of the stuff that I don't use. Now I'm running BBC hybrid v5 and phone is amazing, I wouldn't get rid of it. maybe you got a bad phone, have you tried to get it replaced.

I rarely have to do a battery pull now. I usually do one after I charge my battery but even then I think I do it out of habit from before I upgraded, my mem rarely goes under 40, and if it goes that low it is because it has been idle for a while. A quick web session and it is back up to 45+.
    05-19-09 05:28 PM

BUT.....

I honestly have not been happy with my storm since day one. And I'm on my second one........ so why should I give RIM more money? That is an honest question, If you can give me a good reason why they deserve my hard earned money, I'll give it to them. Until then, I'm S.O.L........and that makes baby jesus cry....
    Why are there quotes around happy?

I've been happy with my Storm since day one. Everything works perfectly. Hasn't froze or restarted once since I got it a month after its release.

Loving all the apps and games I have for it. I'm waiting to see what the Storm II has to offer in terms of it's screen. I love SurePress and I've been hearing that they got rid of it this time for a different type of haptic feedback.
    05-19-09 05:29 PM

BUT.....

see from OUR perspective, we cant imagine someone NOT loving this phone! It's a joy to use for me.

I mean.. you can always go back to your razor I bet it flew (across the room )

I, for one, wont be going storm2 if it has no surepress. I love this tech and it's good times for kinggeoff on the ollll stormie
    05-19-09 05:30 PM

BUT.....

So... technology should wait until you're ready to advance? The CEO of RIM should yell "HALT PRODUCTION! JWWDUKE over at Crackberry.com is a bit **** hurt he joined the Storm party late. We must wait for HIS two year contract to be up, then release this bad boy!"?

If you're so "happy" with your Storm, shut up and let the rest of use who saw the phone for what it really was (a steaming POS) get something better.

Seriously, I love seeing grown men cry on the internet over something as stupid as a phone.
    05-19-09 05:35 PM
    I talked to a friend of mine that is a store manager that said you can upgrade to a storm 2 if you have a plan that is 59.99 plan or higher. I don't know about family plans. I didn't like the storm and thought it was garbage. But everyone has there thoughts and or a fanboy.

05-19-09 05:36 PM
    quotes around happy because there seem to be so many people happy with the strom, but they can't be.... or they just have lower standards than me. And I do not mean that in a disrespectful way. Maybe I just expect more from such an expensive device. Maybe I just thought it was going to be magical.....

If your phone does not lag and does not freeze and reboot on its own(one or 2 times a day) and when you press an app it opens quickly without delay, then you have a better phone then me. I'm jealous. I'm on my 2nd storm and both behaved the same way(until the screen stopped responding completely on my first one, 2 weeks in).....
    05-19-09 05:39 PM
    I talked to a friend of mine that is a store manager that said you can upgrade to a storm 2 if you have a plan that is 59.99 plan or higher. I don't know about family plans. I didn't like the storm and thought it was garbage. But everyone has there thoughts and or a fanboy.

everyone has "thoughts" and or "a fanboy"? Do people really have "a fanboy"? is that like a posse?
    05-19-09 05:40 PM
    quotes around happy because there seem to be so many people happy with the strom, but they can't be.... or they just have lower standards than me. And I do not mean that in a disrespectful way. Maybe I just expect more from such an expensive device. Maybe I just thought it was going to be magical.....

If your phone does not lag and does not freeze and reboot on its own(one or 2 times a day) and when you press an app it opens quickly without delay, then you have a better phone then me. I'm jealous. I'm on my 2nd storm and both behaved the same way(until the screen stopped responding completely on my first one, 2 weeks in).....
    or can they? (I'm making a doctor evil face and laughing maniacally )

...yes i'm bored today
    05-19-09 05:44 PM
    Whoa Jeffmvr, a little bit of drama there little fella. I was just engaging some conversation here. All the other peeps have responded like civilized humans but you're telling me to shut up?

And, for your information, I've had my storm since mid december(as soon as my local Telus delaer had them in stock). So for joining the storm party late? Maybe you should get some facts before you run your mouth!

Anyway, this is getting nasty and that is not what I intended. I was trying to see if other people were feelin the same was as me, and I guess most others, do not.....

sorry for pissing you off jeffmvr.....
    05-19-09 05:47 PM
    Suck it up champ... I was pissed too when BMW released the M6 and now I'm stuck here w/ my 645i. I feel your pain.. :P

05-19-09 05:51 PM
    Relax people! This is still all rumors! Believe it when you see it!
    Where have you been? Have you not seen the pictures?

BUT.....

eh technicly it should be in the rants forum.
    and no youre not the only one that feels that way.
    but the majority of people ive run across that have a storm really love it.
    personally i never had one issue with the original OS .75 that was on the phone when i got it. but i upgraded to lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid just for the **** of it. even better. this thing has always done exactly what i ask it to do when i ask it to do it, without hesitation and without fail. but as for myself? no i have no intention of picking up a storm 2 when it drops. im totally happy with the storm i have now and see no need to get a new one just because its a new one. the mystery here is.....
    why when supposedly these phones are created equal at the factory are they so tempermental as far as some working beautifully from the get go and some being laggy and always freezing? seriously, it puzzles me every time i read about someone complaining about this phone.
    Where have you been? Have you not seen the pictures?
    I'm sorry! I didn't realize that the pics came with a release date
    05-19-09 05:54 PM
    Afterall, It was Jeff that said "bank on it" regarding the App. store notopening on Aprl 1...I believe the all mighty Jeff said it would be out late April...Clearly this guy knows what hes talking about...he was bang on the money...wait...what!?!...Needless to say, once someone has it jammed down their throat, I have a tough time taking anything they say serioussly.
    05-19-09 06:00 PM
    eh technicly it should be in the rants forum.
    and no youre not the only one that feels that way.
    but the majority of people ive run across that have a storm really love it.
    personally i never had one issue with the original OS .75 that was on the phone when i got it. but i upgraded to lyricidal's .141/5.0 hybrid just for the **** of it. even better. this thing has always done exactly what i ask it to do when i ask it to do it, without hesitation and without fail. but as for myself? no i have no intention of picking up a storm 2 when it drops. im totally happy with the storm i have now and see no need to get a new one just because its a new one. the mystery here is.....
    why when supposedly these phones are created equal at the factory are they so tempermental as far as some working beautifully from the get go and some being laggy and always freezing? seriously, it puzzles me every time i read about someone complaining about this phone.
    I hear ya, user error is a **** of a drug, it seems
    05-19-09 06:02 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD