View Poll Results: Would you like the Option for both Linear and Threaded SMS?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bring that isht on RIM!!!

47 92.16%
  • No, I like not having options.

4 7.84%
    OK, I know everyone loves Threaded SMS (even I do), but wouldn't it be cool to have an option in SMS under Menu/Options to enable view of either Linear or Threaded SMS? It can be done, the databases are there and in place.

VOTE it up!
    10-28-09 06:51 PM
    yup
    bring it on, as you say

I personally hate threaded SMS, so the option would be great
    10-28-09 06:55 PM
    Would be nice but what would "break" once they include this?
    10-28-09 06:56 PM
    LOL good point
    10-28-09 06:57 PM
    Knowing RIM, you'd probably lose the ability to make phone calls.
    10-28-09 06:57 PM
    That ability is in question itself with the 'callback' number in SMS.... are you REALLY sure you want to dial this number? LOL
    10-28-09 06:59 PM
    I say bring it...
    10-28-09 07:01 PM
    I'd like the option to switch between Threaded and Standard also.. I do enjoy the convenience of threaded and the overall new message system/options layout.

While they are at it, Verizon should lose the 160 character limit on SMS, and RIM/Verizon should shove that callback number display up their arses
    10-28-09 08:34 PM
    I would like this too..i would really love if you could select more the one person at a time when fowarding a sms or mms..when you select acc. you should be able to high light each person you want to send the massage to
    10-28-09 08:48 PM
    Hey look everyone, we had a RIM rep check out the thread and vote.
    10-28-09 08:50 PM
    You really don't give much of an option as far as poll choices. "Yes" or "no I don't like options." I like threaded SMS... And this needs to be in rants and raves...
    10-28-09 08:52 PM
    You really don't give much of an option as far as poll choices. "Yes" or "no I don't like options." I like threaded SMS... And this needs to be in rants and raves...
    And you would still get Threaded SMS, while providing an option for everyone else to set it to Linear.

I never said get rid of Threaded SMS. R.E.A.D.
    10-28-09 08:54 PM
    And you would still get Threaded SMS, while providing an option for everyone else to set it to Linear.

I never said get rid of Threaded SMS. R.E.A.D.
    YOU R.E.A.D. At what point did I even say anything about getting rid of it? I didn't. I said your poll choices are bad, and I like it.

Quit complaining about everything. Either get a job at RIM, blow your way up the corporate ladder until you have power, get a new phone, or live with it like everyone else.
    10-28-09 08:57 PM
    Wow..

I'd say Civic is a big help around here.. she finds things that many of us don't. This is the USA.. let her comlpain if she wants and teach us in the process
    10-28-09 09:07 PM
    I never said she isn't helpful. She is incredibly helpful... but if you're going to complain! At least do it in r&r where it belongs, and where people expect it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 09:11 PM
    is there a way to change to [enter] auto send? sometimes it's useful to seperate the lines of a message
    10-28-09 09:11 PM
    Not in sms.

10-28-09 09:16 PM
    YOU R.E.A.D. At what point did I even say anything about getting rid of it? I didn't. I said your poll choices are bad, and I like it.

Quit complaining about everything. Either get a job at RIM, blow your way up the corporate ladder until you have power, get a new phone, or live with it like everyone else.
    I'd say that was pretty uncalled for regardless of what you think of the pole or which section this should be in.
    10-28-09 09:19 PM
    Old thinks my poll choices are bad because he likes Threaded SMS and he didn't have a choice to say "Just leave it at that". Obviously he AGAIN didn't understand the OP.

The choices are easy. Make a change to allow for BOTH Threaded and Linear for the end user to change it to fit their needs. (yep, that means you can stay as Theaded while other can select Linear) And then there's a choice for No... usually picked by closed minded idiots who don't want advancement.

And this thread doesn't belong in R&R because it's not a Rant and Rave. It's an OS advancement thread that is in a place where a lot of people will see and vote on it. If you can't deal with it, go read about the nice Storm2 and it's shortcomings.
    10-28-09 09:26 PM
    Old thinks my poll choices are bad because he likes Threaded SMS and he didn't have a choice to say "Just leave it at that". Obviously he AGAIN didn't understand the OP.

The choices are easy. Make a change to allow for BOTH Threaded and Linear for the end user to change it to fit their needs. (yep, that means you can stay as Theaded while other can select Linear) And then there's a choice for No... usually picked by closed minded idiots who don't want advancement.

And this thread doesn't belong in R&R because it's not a Rant and Rave. It's an OS advancement thread that is in a place where a lot of people will see and vote on it. If you can't deal with it, go read about the nice Storm2 and it's shortcomings.
    She is right. This is about creating a better OS. It isn't a rant

10-28-09 09:29 PM
    this made me lizol! Hey I didnt know you had a Poll. lmfao.
    10-28-09 09:35 PM
    I'd say that was pretty uncalled for regardless of what you think of the pole or which section this should be in.
    thanks for your input.
    I understand your OP, and I voted on your OP.
    I didn't say have a choice for no. All I'm saying is it's not a **** of a lot of option there with "yes" or "I hate options."
    where does storm 2 have anything to do with this conversation?
    done.
    10-28-09 09:39 PM
    thanks for your input.

done.
    No problem just want to let you know that there is someone on the other end of your comments. Secondly you don't to to women that way in person I'm sure. If you say you do we both know your full of it anyone with your outlook is weak in the real world.

I like the threaded sms but any option RIM gives us is definitely an improvement. Its all about control of the user in the end. That's what sells at least

10-28-09 09:58 PM
    Threaded SMS sucks! original is better.
    10-28-09 11:34 PM
    Whats the big deal with having a "classic" style? If your trying to make the device more user friendly then why wouldnt you want to give the user as many options as possible to personalize as he or she pleases? Dont understand the blowup from earlier. Dont see where civic said or did anything that warranted that.
    10-28-09 11:54 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD