i am updating my storm for the first time ever, from .75 to .109

before pressing to confirm the upgrade it had a warning that i would need to re-activate my phone because i would be unable to send and receive messages or unable to do any other blackberry service. well anyways its still upgrading but when its done how do i activate my phone again
    02-27-09 07:29 PM
    It should all happen automatically, but we will help you if something goes wrong.
    02-27-09 07:41 PM
    i am updating my storm for the first time ever, from .75 to .109

before pressing to confirm the upgrade it had a warning that i would need to re-activate my phone because i would be unable to send and receive messages or unable to do any other blackberry service. well anyways its still upgrading but when its done how do i activate my phone again
    *228 option 1 but it should happen automatically
    02-27-09 07:42 PM
    YAY! it worked! im so glad i didnt brick it or anything
    02-27-09 07:48 PM
    Cool! But no worries we would have helped you get it up and running again.
    02-27-09 07:50 PM
    wait i spoke a little bit too soon. i opened application center but it has nothing in it
    02-27-09 07:52 PM
    wait i spoke a little bit too soon. i opened application center but it has nothing in it
    BB button in application center and refresh the list, it should have asked you to do this automatically though
    02-27-09 08:00 PM
    If it does not happen automatically you just resend your service books or go to

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table <BB Button> Register Now

I always resend my service books and do a hard reboot after an update and that takes care of this and tends to make the device work smoother post update

*228 opt 1 has nothing to do with registering with the BB network that programs your phone number, PRL, and other settings into the phone, and usually isn't necessary post update.
    02-28-09 01:45 AM
    No Worries, All berry wisdom here at CB.
    02-28-09 04:03 PM
    I Updated To .109 Yesterday. everything Works Fine Except My Browser. It Only Loads Certain Pages Now. I Made The Jump From .75 What Should I Do To Get This Up And Running Flawlessly????? Im Using The Storm On T-Mobile.
    02-28-09 04:11 PM
    There's a lot of people on here who talk about upgrading OS like it's a scary thing. It's fairly simple really, and I'm not really a techy guy. Just follow the directions, and if that fails, come to the crack.
    02-28-09 04:13 PM
    I just up graded for the first time also (3days ago) and I was pretty scared. I think is just fear of the unknow. We come on the crack and we read all the reviews some bad and most good. So u can't help wonder what's going to happen the first time. Next time I think most of us that up graded for the first time r not going to be scared. Just my $.02.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 05:01 PM
    I just up graded for the first time also (3days ago) and I was pretty scared. I think is just fear of the unknow. We come on the crack and we read all the reviews some bad and most good. So u can't help wonder what's going to happen the first time. Next time I think most of us that up graded for the first time r not going to be scared. Just my $.02.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As long as you make the appropriate backups (data, and third party apps if you have a lot of them) then there is nothing to fear.

On my various BB's I've done probably 50 OS Updates and only bricked the thing once and only had other issues and had to run the update again or manually restore the database from backup maybe 2-3 times.
    03-01-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD