Ok.. Here is my story.

I am currently with TMobile and have the awesome Curve 8320. Although is awesome, I am literaly in love with the Storm.

I went to a Verizon store in Friday and touched it. In that moment my heart stop beating and I literaly started crying. It was/is so awesome. I know I'm a little over dramatic lol That's me! Anywho, I am more then willing to make the switch I just need some feedback on Verizon. I know for a fact that there Customer Service sucks. To me Customer Service is so IMPORTANT. TMobile rocks and I have never had a problem. I am torn.

Do I get the phone I love so much and deal with there horrible Customer Service? Or should I just stay where I'm comfy and treated well?

Does anyone know if they havee BB specific technical support and if so what are there hours? When I called customer service they told me that they didn't have that information. When I was transfered to technical support to ask this question I was told I couldn't be helped because I don't have an account with them. UGH!

Any feedback, advice, comments about Verizon the good and the bad will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank YOU!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 02:39 PM
    I've been with verizon for about 8-10 years I think. It's always been good to me... but maybe that's because I haven't had to call tech support much.
    I get good service on my phones and that's all I wanted from verizon. I can deal with poor customer service for 1-2 days a year if it means having a kick-*** phone for the other 364 days.
    11-25-08 02:45 PM
    After several mishaps with AT&T one different account, I switched my mobile service to US Cellular and my other services to other providers. I was happy with US Cellular's customer service, but their network was iffy. I knew Sprint's network was atrocious, so I gave Verizon a try two years ago and have been perfectly happy ever since. My experiences with them from a customer service standpoint have been good most of the time and never worse than acceptable.
    11-25-08 02:51 PM
    I used to work at the call center, not in customer service but technical support. 50 percent of my call score was if i resolved your issue. The other 50 mostly breaks down into how i did it and soft skills. I can honestly say that vzw is by far the best company that i have ever worked for when in comes to customer advocacy. Also, i had a issue with my girlfriends line not eligible with the upgrade and what not. I called customer service and they hooked us up with a storm at 2 year contract price. I will always be a loyal vzw fan.
    11-25-08 02:55 PM
    Wow...if you started crying when you first touched it you might want to stay away until all/most of the bugs are fixed. You sound a bit "cell phone disturbed."
    11-25-08 02:57 PM
    You think VZW customer is bad? And You like t-mobile's customer service? Its the other way around... CS on t-mobile is horrible and all the reviews even say it is. When you make the switch to VZW you will realize how bad you've had it from the start. Their network sucks...
    11-25-08 02:58 PM
    Hey OP I applaud your enthusiasm.

I had to get a VZW account in order to get this Storm. I am a past, present and future AT&T customer but as you know we'll do anything to get the STORM. I also use a CURVE and a BOLD in the AT&T network and my experience so far with VZW hasn't been very good. Additionally, I am not loving the STORM like I had hoped. Being a BB user for quite some time, the switch from a nice easy simple qwerty keyboard to this touch isn't so wonderful. I also have iPhone so it's not as if I wasn't experienced with the "touch thing", it's just that this STORM is not that good.

Summary, MY OPINION - Of the three occasions I have to deal with Customer Service, not one was handled the way I had hoped or expected or in a timely fashion and I am not even talking about their debacle with the STORM launch.

If you want a touch screen, go with the iPhone. If you want a BB go with the BOLD ----- it's awesome!!!

Ok.. Here is my story.

I am currently with TMobile and have the awesome Curve 8320. Although is awesome, I am literaly in love with the Storm.

I went to a Verizon store in Friday and touched it. In that moment my heart stop beating and I literaly started crying. It was/is so awesome. I know I'm a little over dramatic lol That's me! Anywho, I am more then willing to make the switch I just need some feedback on Verizon. I know for a fact that there Customer Service sucks. To me Customer Service is so IMPORTANT. TMobile rocks and I have never had a problem. I am torn.

Do I get the phone I love so much and deal with there horrible Customer Service? Or should I just stay where I'm comfy and treated well?

Does anyone know if they havee BB specific technical support and if so what are there hours? When I called customer service they told me that they didn't have that information. When I was transfered to technical support to ask this question I was told I couldn't be helped because I don't have an account with them. UGH!

Any feedback, advice, comments about Verizon the good and the bad will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank YOU!!!

11-25-08 03:16 PM
    Ok.. Here is my story.

I know for a fact that there Customer Service sucks. To me Customer Service is so IMPORTANT.
    Your facts are different than mine. I think Verizon customer service is great. Any issue I've ever had has been resolved very easily and quickly. I've been a Verizon customer for 12 years and plan to stay that way.
    11-25-08 03:23 PM
    I have had to talk to Verizon customer service a number of times since they absorbed Bell Atlantic (in 2000?). I've found them to be helpful, generally knowledgeable, and effective (if not quite as efficient).

Corporate store people vary by location but at my local store, the reps are phenomenal.

I just don't see the poor customer service. I've had nothing but good experiences with them (as long as you are patient. They aren't the fastest.. though this may be their systems more than anything).

Edit: In fact, one of the biggest reasons I didn't switch to AT&T when the iPhone dropped was how well I've been treated at VZW. I'm often accused of being brand loyal but I'm only loyal when it's working as intended. The only criticisms I've ever had with Verizon is their phones and price. But you get what you pay for so it's really just the phones.
    Last edited by garath; 11-25-08 at 03:26 PM.
    11-25-08 03:24 PM
    Haha! "Cell phone disturbed" that's a first but yeah maybe just a bit, ohh well I'm just really addicted to everything BB! I have read about the small almost non existent bugd, its all good I can handle it! That's the beauty of it all, you grow with your phone, you learn.

Its an experience like no other. I know I'm crazy, addicted. Its pathetic but I love it!!! LoL I'm sure someone here feels my emotion!!

11-25-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD