Still happy with my storm 1, few minor issues with it but there is no such thing as the perfect phone.
    Negative. Nexus One is a perfect phone.
    03-28-10 01:24 PM
    Negative. Nexus One is a perfect phone.
    And you're hanging out in the storm forums, alot.
    03-28-10 01:43 PM
    Because the Droids have no lives outside of 'I can overclock higher than you can!'.
    03-28-10 01:49 PM
    They're too busy syncing their email & IMAP subfolders so they can find old bank wire transfer info, so they don't have to go to a computer before they go to their bank to make an order to care about this forum.
    03-28-10 02:41 PM
    And you're hanging out in the storm forums, alot.
    Because I also have a storm on BES. So when I say that Nexus One is better in every aspect but BES, my opinion is educated. And since I don't have stock in either company, or pretend like either phone represents some sort of status (like many of the people on this site seems to think), my opinion is unbiased.

You almost had me. You were this close. <Insert snarky emoticon>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DrewCSchultz; 03-28-10 at 07:11 PM.
    03-28-10 07:09 PM
    I had your issues. I had dust under the screen which made the device look cheap. The laggy OS at sometimes it was going so slow i thought i had bricked the darn thing. I was very very happy to get rid of mine after 3 months of use.
    03-28-10 07:26 PM
    heck you can say that again, im bb free, the platform just sucks.
    03-29-10 12:17 AM
    Well she got her **** banned, but I will say the OS 5 was a miracle worker for the phone. I don't even need to run a hybrid because Bell released ..419 thank god. I won't mess with hybrids anymore, had a bad time with my Curve and a hybrid.

And no, I haven't had any issues like lag, dust, back screen click, poor browser response...**** I streamed the gold medal Olympic mens hockey game on the thing and had a better connection that our T1 at work. Actually a couple of co workers switched to Bell because of that lol, their Rogers connection kept dropping and they couldn't watch the game.
    03-29-10 02:02 AM
    I'm on my second storm 1 due to my buttons falling off on the first one after 8 months... and mostly my fault, the new one "refurb I'm sure" now has dust under the screen which drives me freekin bonkers. I also am sick of pulling the battery every day to regain memory. I don't care if it's a "Blackberry" THING.. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO IT. I do want a storm 2 but if it's going to act the same as far as battery pulls and hoping the the next OS leak will fix this bug or that bug then maybe it's not all its cracked up to be.... I love my push email. but is that the only thing that sets it apart from lets say the Iphone or droid? what make this the smartphone of all smartphones in this world of so many new other brand smartphones?
    03-29-10 07:18 AM
    I'm on my second storm 1 due to my buttons falling off on the first one after 8 months... and mostly my fault, the new one "refurb I'm sure" now has dust under the screen which drives me freekin bonkers. I also am sick of pulling the battery every day to regain memory. I don't care if it's a "Blackberry" THING.. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO IT. I do want a storm 2 but if it's going to act the same as far as battery pulls and hoping the the next OS leak will fix this bug or that bug then maybe it's not all its cracked up to be.... I love my push email. but is that the only thing that sets it apart from lets say the Iphone or droid? what make this the smartphone of all smartphones in this world of so many new other brand smartphones?
    K9 for the droid gives you push mail, and there is a setup for nokia that allows push mail on their phones without exchange.

I wish that fallacy of Blackberries being the only devices with push mail would die already.
    03-29-10 07:33 AM
    +2 to rossman and

there is nothing special about the blackberry anymore especially not email, except for one blackberry in particular the 9700. And the reason I say that one is because of battery life. There all just some par smartphones with a lot of plastic in silver lining
    03-29-10 07:47 AM
    Indeed push email is nothing special. BES is where blackberry stands apart, and that really is it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 07:52 AM
    I have enjoyed my storm 2
    03-29-10 03:30 PM
    Im thinking about just getting away from BlackBerry altogether and getting an Iphone. I mean its honestly the best phone out there by far. No crappy click screen with dust in it all the time. My strom was so laggy I could take a shower in between websites loading. IDK someone said I should update to this 5.0 stuff but I dont think its gonna help this piece of garbage.
    honestly.. if you don't have OS 5.0 on your storm you shouldn't be talking at all....
    03-30-10 01:57 AM
    Most people buying cellphones have no idea what the concept of updating/upgrading the mobile OS on the phone is.

Truth.

I know 1 storm owner other than myself in real life that has something other than what their storm came with.
    03-30-10 02:22 PM
    I'm probably going to get flamed, but this is RANTS & RAVES...so here it goes. After 2 replacements with faulty screens, beta OS, and faulty headphone jack among another thousand issues, I have finally got rid of my storm. I feel so liberated that I don't have to pick up that piece of junk anymore. I've never had a phone make me so mad. The thing just doesn't work right. In the past, I have loved Blackberry for their push email and that famous blinking light. But that was the past. Now we have phones that don't take a billion clicks to do a common task and actually have batteries that don't need to be pulled every day. So what did I do?

I settled on the Pre. Free hotspot, excellent browser, excellent OS that doesn't get in the way of what I wanna do, and everything just works...yes I have small fingers.
    04-05-10 05:18 PM
    I'm probably going to get flamed, but this is RANTS & RAVES...so here it goes. After 2 replacements with faulty screens, beta OS, and faulty headphone jack among another thousand issues, I have finally got rid of my storm. I feel so liberated that I don't have to pick up that piece of junk anymore. I've never had a phone make me so mad. The thing just doesn't work right. In the past, I have loved Blackberry for their push email and that famous blinking light. But that was the past. Now we have phones that don't take a billion clicks to do a common task and actually have batteries that don't need to be pulled every day. So what did I do?

I settled on the Pre. Free hotspot, excellent browser, excellent OS that doesn't get in the way of what I wanna do, and everything just works...yes I have small fingers.
    You didn't like your phone, so you got a different one... more power to you I say. The Palm Pre is an excellent device. It has without a doubt the best notification panel in it's class. It's a tad bit small for my tastes, but Web OS is pimp.
    04-05-10 05:38 PM
    The only problem is.....I still miss my berry! Is that weird??? I'm pretty sure once 6.0 comes out I'll be rocking the Storm 3.
    04-06-10 10:47 AM
    I'm on my 5th replacement since I purchased the Storm. The Storm 2 should have been released as the first Storm. I feel like a guinea pig that was handed a phone by RIM with a note attached (Sink or Swim).

I love the BB phones and when my upgrade comes up, I'll be getting the Tour2/Bold 9650.
    04-06-10 04:56 PM
    you joined to post that? storm 1 was not a joke either, i used mine for a year not major issues...

one year? oooooooooo hold the applause people!
    04-10-10 10:32 PM
    The only problem is.....I still miss my berry! Is that weird??? I'm pretty sure once 6.0 comes out I'll be rocking the Storm 3.
    and you will be perpetually disappointed.
    04-10-10 10:34 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD