Gosh I don't even know where to begin. I had so many issues with this thing it's not even funny. I am happy to announce to you guys that I am now a proud owner of a BlackBerry storm 2!!!!! If you are still using a storm 1 i do feel your pain as it is one of the crappiest phones to ever hit the market. If you are struggling with that joke of a phone please upgrade to a storm 2 i promise it is worth it!
    03-23-10 07:35 PM
    you joined to post that? storm 1 was not a joke either, i used mine for a year not major issues...
    03-23-10 07:37 PM
    you joined to post that? storm 1 was not a joke either, i used mine for a year not major issues...
    Your kiddin me right? Your telling me you had that thing for a whole year and you didn't experience an earthquake screen, a laggy OS, placing paper under your battery, dust getting in the crack of your screen. cmon
    03-23-10 07:39 PM
    If you are struggling with that joke of a phone please upgrade to a storm 2 i promise it is worth it!
    Im thinking about just getting away from BlackBerry altogether and getting an Iphone. I mean its honestly the best phone out there by far. No crappy click screen with dust in it all the time. My strom was so laggy I could take a shower in between websites loading. IDK someone said I should update to this 5.0 stuff but I dont think its gonna help this piece of garbage.
    03-23-10 07:43 PM
    Your kiddin me right? Your telling me you had that thing for a whole year and you didn't experience an earthquake screen, a laggy OS, placing paper under your battery, dust getting in the crack of your screen. cmon
    well there were some OS issues but the other problems, no....many of us didnt and had our storms the entire year and then upgraded to the s2
    03-23-10 07:45 PM
    Well If I could I would literally smash one to pieces. Im sure I could find a free one somewhere, they are discontinued.
    03-23-10 07:47 PM
    I didn't have all those issues and I just got a S2. Heck, I can't even remember the issue I had with my S1 that caused me to turn it in for a new one cause when I got the new one it was perfect!!!

My S1 did its job like a trooper!! Sorry you had less than a favorable exp....but to Matt's point you joined just to make your first post in the Rants or Raves?

Really?
    03-23-10 07:49 PM
    I've never had ANY of those issues. Guess I go lucky huh?
    03-23-10 07:52 PM
    I didn't have all those issues and I just got a S2. Heck, I can't even remember the issue I had with my S1 that caused me to turn it in for a new one cause when I got the new one it was perfect!!!

My S1 did its job like a trooper!! Sorry you had less than a favorable exp....but to Matt's point you joined just to make your first post in the Rants or Raves?

Really?
    why does it matter why I joined? Everyone has to start somewhere right? Point is your defending a phone and pretending like it was flawless when you know well that that phone is garbage.

Why is the iPhone still for sale but the storm 1 discontinued?

can't answer that can you didn't think so.
    03-23-10 07:54 PM
    why does it matter why I joined? Everyone has to start somewhere right? Point is your defending a phone and pretending like it was flawless when you know well that that phone is garbage.

I can answer that question. Storm 2 is the reason Storm 1 is discontinued. May I ask what phone you are sporting? Ah. Nevermind.
    03-23-10 08:01 PM

EVERY phone has flaws!!! It is dependent on the owner to determine how much they are willing to deal with.

The Iphone is very trendy...1mil+ worthless apps (mho) is very enticing to some, NOT me. I have an itouch that can do what the iphone does. Do I use all the apps I have now on my itouch...um no!

I am defending a phone that HAS worked for me. If it didn't, I would get something else and move on. But in doing so, I would not parade or announce to the world as to why I stopped using the phone...the reason why......99.99% of the people could CARELESS about my personal experience or issue with said phone!!!!
    Last edited by Jedi_Blackberry; 03-23-10 at 08:05 PM.
    03-23-10 08:03 PM
    If you think Rim is in such peril why did you sign on to a "sinking ship?"

You sited Apple here and Apple and Android in a different forum post. Dude or chick (username...sorry can't tell) just go awol from blackberry altogether, you won't be missed and we sure won't tell!
    03-23-10 08:22 PM
    I don't think that the basic premise is wrong, and by its title, "Storm Rants & Raves Forum," rants like this seem to be encouraged. The Storm 1 originally had a ton of problems although now with 5.0 it works pretty well for me. I do run a hybrid OS and limit the apps I run which I really shouldn't have to do IMHO. It is strange how much emotion is attached to this phone. I dare say it is almost iPhone-like where criticism of the phone, valid or not, elicits the immediate "Troll" response.

But to say that someone should be banned because they like the Storm 2 much better than a Storm 1 because it is a significantly better phone (as it should be) in this subforum is wrong. If it isn't, the title should be changed to "Storm Raves."
    03-23-10 09:17 PM
    Im thinking about just getting away from BlackBerry altogether and getting an Iphone. I mean its honestly the best phone out there by far. No crappy click screen with dust in it all the time. My strom was so laggy I could take a shower in between websites loading. IDK someone said I should update to this 5.0 stuff but I dont think its gonna help this piece of garbage.
    Might have something to do with that "****ty crap network" your on......

Just sayin.....
    03-24-10 06:51 AM
    I don't think that the basic premise is wrong, and by its title, "Storm Rants & Raves Forum," rants like this seem to be encouraged. The Storm 1 originally had a ton of problems although now with 5.0 it works pretty well for me. I do run a hybrid OS and limit the apps I run which I really shouldn't have to do IMHO. It is strange how much emotion is attached to this phone. I dare say it is almost iPhone-like where criticism of the phone, valid or not, elicits the immediate "Troll" response.

But to say that someone should be banned because they like the Storm 2 much better than a Storm 1 because it is a significantly better phone (as it should be) in this subforum is wrong. If it isn't, the title should be changed to "Storm Raves."

I ran into the OP in the Blackberry Discussion or Blackberry News and Rumours forum and noticed that he/she had two threads that were closed. So for curiosity's sake I followed his/her other posts. Definitely someone who is looking for arguments.
    I guess as long as he/she keeps his/her rants and attention getting posts here, it's acceptable to the mods. And frankly, acceptable to me. Keep her/him here where he/she won't cause any more disruption elsewhere. She/he has had two threads closed for this kind of posting, I would imagine that if it continues other steps may be taken.
    03-24-10 07:19 AM
    Do folks still read Rants & Raves? I avoid this place like the plague! Never-the-less I will clean up the thread.

Ok, I cleaned up the thread, BUT lets keep in mind this IS Rants & Raves, and you CAN safely ignore it, I know I do. I only come when summoned. And what's the expression about feeding something? (or NOT feeding it as the case may be???)
    03-24-10 07:33 AM
    the OP joined just to start this thread.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink about iiiiit...........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 09:53 AM
    the OP joined just to start this thread.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink about iiiiit...........

i think you joined because you might not have a life.
    03-26-10 10:30 PM
    Although the storm had problems it was the first touch screen bb what do you expect? My freind has had his storm for 2 years with very little problems

03-27-10 12:40 AM
    You suck ****! The Storm 1 was only truly bad for people who were too stupid to use it and figure out the idiosyncrasies. I for one think it is fun and enjoy tinkering with a device that is ******* exceptional for the most part! Peace out!
    03-27-10 01:44 AM
    You suck ****! The Storm 1 was only truly bad for people who were too stupid to use it and figure out the idiosyncrasies. I for one think it is fun and enjoy tinkering with a device that is ******* exceptional for the most part! Peace out!
    1) The OP is girl, so telling her she "sucks ****" isn't really any effective insult, now is it?

2) The 9530's "idiosyncrasies" are actually flaws. Most people don't enjoy finding workarounds for flaws on something as important as their phone. Also, installing a leaked OS by following step-by-step instructions does not make you smart.

You're a joke, dude.

03-27-10 03:49 PM
    Kinda fed up with my Storm 1 too. I've never really had serious issues with it, but there are still so many bugs.

1. The scrolling, in general, can be a rather jerky ordeal. Menus are fine, but lengthier SMS conversations and the address book seem to be problematic. The latter presents with a load of jerky-ness as the texts are pre-cached, plus a healthy dose of random skipping; the former presents as a seizure-like phenomenon as the kinetic scrolling seems to go into tonic-clonic.

2. Memory is generally fine, but it can run out quickly even with a paltry selection of installed apps.

3. Voice recognition is inaccurate even after calibration.

4. Battery life is just mediocre with 3G switched on. Don't expect to be making lengthy voice calls very often as it seems to sap the battery rather quickly. Combined with a load of texting and emailing, the battery will just about last a working day at the very very most.

5. Browsing the web, while much improved from the launch 4.7 firmware is still leaving lots to be desired. Scrolling is much faster and so is loading complex javascript-filled webpages. Inputting text into text fields has been tweaked and and made into a much less troublesome ordeal. Still, it ought to be a better all-round experience.

6. Suretype is super quick, but the word recognition can be mental, for lack of a more politically correct adjective. It suggests words, or more specifically gibberish, which contain combinations of letters which simply cannot exist in any sensible English dictionary. The predictive typing is also stupid in that it does not and cannot recognise frequently used words and prioritise them so that they appear first. One common example is typing "I". Why "U" always comes before "I" is beyond me. It's also annoying that we are not allowed access to the internal 'custom dictionary' which contains words/gibberish which the OS has somehow learned from somewhere.

7. The reception is not very strong at times, especially indoors, and renders voice calling virtually impossible or very jittery. This occurs even in sub-optimal reception where the number of bars suggest that there is decent strength, but in reality there's not really any practical use. RIM should make the number of 'bars' a bit more conservative.

8. Starting/ending calls should be made brisker. The whole experience needs to be snappier. It takes far too long to end a call and get back onto homescreen.

And that's just a short list of the issues. There are lots of other minor niggles which rear their rather ugly head in more places than I care to list. The software lacks polish, with many very useful elements seemingly added in with little attention to details. For example, it's great to be able to see the '% uploaded' when uploading MMS or downloading attachments, but the progress bar isn't animated smoothly, and nor do they update at any predictable or useful frequency.

On the upside, messaging is truly a breeze. Very easy and fast to input text especially when using Suretype. Reliable PUSH functionality is brilliant. BBM is useful, especially as more and more of my friends are using BB. I also love the the powerful organiser functionality ie address book, calendar, and their integration with Facebook and Google address book/calendar. The media functions have also seen a healthy amount of development to become somewhat of a pleasure to use. Lastly call quality is generally superb. Very clear speech.

All in all, good to see the improvements. Great functionality, but lacklustre execution. With my upgrade due early May after 18 months of this whirlwind relationship, it will take more than just stupendously good messaging to keep me on this boat for another 18 months.

BTW, I am using .571 on .484 OS5 hybrid.
    Last edited by milkpowder; 03-27-10 at 06:31 PM.
    03-27-10 06:21 PM
    yawn
    10chars
    03-27-10 06:58 PM
    long poster above the guy above me, you need a storm 2 and it fixes all of those problems. still the same old stagnant non UI BB os that you all have grown to love, however it is much faster and way more pain free than the storm one turd.
    03-27-10 07:45 PM
    Still happy with my storm 1, few minor issues with it but there is no such thing as the perfect phone.
    03-28-10 08:01 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD