Trust me, I have looked and looked and looked at the capture it threads and where everyone seemingly so easily can post what their storm looks like AND I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT.

People in those threads will tell another how to do it...oh it's so simple so easy just click this and this and this......well it is not effing working for me.

I am not a techie I am not good whatsoever with technical jargon. I need it in terms a 1st grader would get. I used capture it to take a pic of my storm screen then i uploaded it to flickr. when i tried to get the pic to appear i just get a tiny red X.

ok, so i just created a photobucket account and tried pasting the link using the 'insert image' icon which i thought would work but again i am missing something.

please help this is driving me insane and i know i am stoopid and clueless and i seriously have searched and read and tried this over and over to no avail.

is anyone willing to explain this in non-nerd terminology?
    01-20-09 01:41 AM
    Not that I can be of much help as I don't use flickr, but i am wondering, are you trying to retrieve pictures on your phone you have uploaded to your flickr account or trying to upload pictures from your phone to flickr to retrieve from a computer?
    01-20-09 01:47 AM
    are you trying to retrieve pictures on your phone you have uploaded to your flickr account or trying to upload pictures from your phone to flickr to retrieve from a computer?

i tried both and failed miserably at both.

so then i went the photobucket route....

in the threads where everyone posts what their storm screen looks like i clicked on 'properties' on every single one and about 97% of them were done using photobucket so now i have a photobucket account and got a screen image on my photobucket on my laptop because i discerned from the discussion that's the best way to do it and i am just flailing and feel like a m0r0n
    01-20-09 01:51 AM
    Just keep truckin'. I feel your pain. The blackberry is a strange mistress that you can never know enough about. Only thing I could think would be a problem with file size or type not being compatible, but I have little knowledge of flicker.

Good Luck.

PS. Love the avitar!
    01-20-09 01:56 AM
    What steps are you using to get the image from your phone to Photobucket? That sounds like the area where things are going wrong, for whatever reason.
    01-20-09 02:00 AM
    it's cool, man.

when everyone upgraded to the leaked .86 OS i tried to do that and completely screwed it up somehow and everyone else is just a super-genius and had it done with their eyes closed. it's so frustrating.

i can understand being good at this but some people aren't and i am not kidding when i say i need computer sh!t spelled out as if i am braindead to get it to work.

thanks about the avatar. excited for the new season. if the losties had me and suvival was hinging on me and successfully operating the lone smartphone on the island, they'd be s-c-r-e-w-e-d!
    01-20-09 02:01 AM
    What steps are you using to get the image from your phone to Photobucket? That sounds like the area where things are going wrong, for whatever reason.

you know what? now i don't even know how i got the image to photobucket but i did.

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTExXzQ1XzI5LmpwZw.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    01-20-09 02:05 AM
    you know what? now i don't even know how i got the image to photobucket but i did.

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTExXzQ1XzI5LmpwZw.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    If you need Flickr help, I can help you out with it. Just send me a PM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 06:38 AM
    If you need Flickr help, I can help you out with it. Just send me a PM.

thank you. i'll do so later in the day and try to explain. it's not a huge deal but not being able to figure out something that clearly is so simple for most drives me nuts and i really want to learn whatever i can.

appreciate it.
    01-20-09 06:42 AM
    No worries. Glad to help.

01-20-09 06:45 AM
    To do screens captures, you need the screen capture program.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cap...capture-94853/

This is a preview of TechMogul Industries applications for Blackberry. The first application I am introducing today is CaptureIt. CaptureIt is a simple utility that allows people to capture a screen shots straight from their Blackberry devices. The image will either be saved to a memory card, or if none is available it will be saved to the device memory. CaptureIt is available today as a free download for all Blackberry users. Simply assign CaptureIt to one of the Blackberry convince keys and press to capture. Stay turned for other exciting releases from TechMogul Industries.

OTA Download Link: www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad
    Last edited by Bigslam123; 01-20-09 at 06:50 AM.
    01-20-09 06:46 AM
    To do screens captures, you need the screen capture program. I am not sure of the link, as I installed it quite some time ago, but that is the only way to get a screen capture. Just use the search feature, here on Crackberry, and it should turn up for you.

i have that. 'capture it'

it's on my phone and working fine and i am able to capture whatever is on the screen. i just cant get the image to appear in these forums when everyone posts what their screen looks like.

i can't emphasize enough that this is not affecting the usefulness of the phone but i just want to know why i am such a reject i can't get the image from flickr/photobucket to appear as an image here instead of the small box with the red 'x'.

essentially, i have the steps almost down except the last one, i guess.
    01-20-09 06:52 AM
    When in Photobucket, hover over the image and a menu should appear underneath it. Go to the one that says IMG Code and click in the box where the url is(see image below). After you click it it should say Copied, if it doesn't, then just right click and select copy. Then paste it in your reply.

01-20-09 07:26 AM
    Here goes...

01-20-09 07:31 AM
    The last step is what I needed. THANK YOU THANK YOU
    I was taking the URL and using it with the 'insert image' icon that appears above these boxes that we type replies in and that wasn't doing it, but seemed like it should have.

Thank you EVERYONE and sorry for being kind of clueless, but I learned.
    01-20-09 07:34 AM
    Glad you got it
    01-20-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD