I've had the worst luck with my Storms:

Storm #1 - "END" key fell after 4 days
    Storm #2 - Bottom left and right corners did not click, difficult to activate functions in those areas.
    Storm #3 - 3 of the 4 corners did not click or press in at all
    Storm #4 - Build defect; casing surrounding the side buttons does not fit flush, causing accidental activation of the side convenience keys as well as the "lock" key.

I really love the phone and all its features, thinking it deserves at least one last shot before the New Year......
    12-20-08 11:34 PM
    Quit.......
    12-20-08 11:35 PM
    Good luck with the next one I guess. To me it's 3 strikes and then it gets returned, at least you have some patience, I would have thrown it in my fireplace at this point.
    12-20-08 11:44 PM
    will most providers allow you to get a different model even after thirty days if you are honestly on your fourth or fifth storm and it doesnt work?
    12-20-08 11:48 PM
    Holy Crap. 5th? I have had no problems at all with my first Storm. Even OS .65 worked well.
    12-20-08 11:49 PM
    I am on my 4th. and it is finally perfect.
    12-20-08 11:50 PM
    If it were me I'd get something else. Don't want to rub it in but my first Storm is great.
    12-20-08 11:55 PM
    I'm still on my 1st Storm... with the latest .83 software... works fine to me!
    12-20-08 11:56 PM
    I am also on my 1st storm. Picked it up on the day they released it from best buy mobile. Working great, running the .83 os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 12:25 AM
    Took me three and still had to tweak the screws . But am keeping this one. 1st not able to highlight return key , 2nd end key didnt work at all , third bad click at bottom till tweak. Not takin any more chances i can live with this one.
    12-21-08 12:36 AM
    Wow, five Storms. Some people can't even get their hands on one.
    12-21-08 12:36 AM
    I thought I was the only one! Lol. Getting my 5th one next Tuesday....your not alone
    12-21-08 12:39 AM
    My storm is perfect, but I got one damn speck of dust under the screen.
    12-21-08 12:40 AM
    im on my first, but my end key is definitely going to fall off. because the rest of my phone seems to be perfect, when it does fall off im going to try a dab of crazy glue before switching it out. good friend got his same day as me and his has clicking problems, so after messing with his i know how terrible the phone can be with that issue. i can live with a glued end key.
    12-21-08 01:00 AM
    I thought I was the only one! Lol. Getting my 5th one next Tuesday....your not alone
    Phew, thought it was just me having the worst luck with this phone. I've never experienced this many problems with any phone in the past. They were usually good on the 1st try.....

One more try and then it may be time to ring in the New Year with the Curve.

I think those that are still waiting for their 1st Storm should have somewhat better luck. Hopefully later production models have all the issues solved.
    12-21-08 08:47 AM
    My side keys are not flush. Go get a iphone and ***** about how poor it is. My fiqrst storm and.83 rocks my world

12-21-08 08:53 AM
    On my 1st

Will ride it out for 30 days before deciding if loose send key is going to make me seek a replacement

99% sure it won't

i'm not a whiner
    12-21-08 08:55 AM
    Still on my first. Much better now that I got .83 working. Hope future updates will fix the typing lag. Its my only real complaint.

12-21-08 09:00 AM
    guys if u only got a problem of having either the send or end key "loose" and everything else is perfect, than u can replace it yourself i rem seeing a site that sells the oem keypad for like 10 bulks i believe with instructions it better than getting a replacement with more faulty parts...
    12-21-08 09:27 AM
    guys if u only got a problem of having either the send or end key "loose" and everything else is perfect, than u can replace it yourself i rem seeing a site that sells the oem keypad for like 10 bulks i believe with instructions it better than getting a replacement with more faulty parts...
    Yeah but I'm a complete klutz with my hands

Asking me to superglue an oem keypad down is most likely going to ruin the device
    12-21-08 09:30 AM
    I'm on my first. It's all good. My side keys aren't flush, but are any? I haven't accidentally hit them at all.
    12-21-08 09:31 AM
    IM still on my first and it runs great. with verizon if you have that many issues they should let you get into a comporable device like the samsung OMNIA :]
    12-21-08 09:36 AM
    That's crazy,my storm works great,I've had absolutely none of the problems that others seemed to have had with there storm,I consider myself very lucky.

12-21-08 09:47 AM
    That's crazy,my storm works great,I've had absolutely none of the problems that others seemed to have had with there storm,I consider myself very lucky.

Me too I have no problems what so ever. Only had mine for a week. But none of the problems described on all the forums seems to be happening to my storm. Im just so in love with this thing.
    12-21-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD