I traded in my Curve 8330 and took the plunge, sight unseen, and got an Incredible. It is not what I want or need, even though I thought it was. And the thought that BB will be releasing OS 6.0 soon and the S2 would be included in an OS upgrade helped convince me.

I found myself at the VZW store today, playing with the Storm2 and longing to be back in the BB fold. No, the S2 doesn't have animated wallpapers, and no you can't leap to different screens, and the BB browswer cannot be compared to the Incredible but...nevertheless...the comfort zone of the BB system is just too strong. Additionally, I believed Android devices were fully customizable right out of the box, but I found BBs are more so--the difference is that BBs offer all the different settings on their OS, while with Android if appears that you have to "go get a widget" to do what BB's infrastructure has provided, tried and true, for years. I also found the S2 felt more substantial and balanced in my hands, the Incredible feels light, thin and dare I say, cheap. I found typing on the S2's virtual keyboard a much better experience, as well. And I was missing the ease of changing profiles; the strong LED (the notification LED on the Incredible is terrible); the ability to have my phone come on at 5:15 every morning, and be waiting for me (maybe Incredible has a widget for that, but it's not available on the phone right out of the box.) So, I am returning the Incredible tomorrow and I am really looking forward to having the S2. Wondering if anyone else out there is returning the Incredible, as well??
    Last edited by Whippetcat; 05-01-10 at 12:04 AM.
    04-30-10 11:54 PM
    probably lots. And I'm pretty sure I can find a quote or analogy about straying from home but always finding you way back but bleh.
    05-01-10 12:04 AM
    The Incredible wasnt so Incredible? Ive often had illusions of trying a different device, but its really going to have to be great to get me away from this 9700.
    05-01-10 12:05 AM
    I would have traded. My S2 is okay. It's still buggy in my opinion and I am not nearly into it as I once was. Just me, tho. Good luck with yours and I am sorry you didn't like the Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 12:43 AM
    I did the same thing you did, except I purchased a Droid.
    I enjoy my Droid, but BB was more comfortable for me.

I am giving my Droid a chance, until August, and hopefully ill be able to use another upgrade and go back to a BB.
    05-01-10 01:17 AM
    There's a reason its called CrackBerry

05-01-10 01:18 AM
    The Cat came back!
    05-01-10 01:34 AM
    I did the same thing except I got the Moto Droid but then returned it a few weeks later and exchanged it for the S2. No regrets.

05-01-10 02:52 AM
    Ill trade ya my storm2. And accessories

05-01-10 04:11 AM
    The Incredible is an IPhone clone only a bit better. I agree there are many trade offs between the two handsets. The Blackberry's are certainly more "heavy duty" looking and feeling. HOWEVER I find the HTC Droid to be much faster and much more accurate at what it does compared to the Storm2. After using both handsets now the Incredible is simply a handset that works better in ever way vs the Storm2. I would never go back to the slow wonky working Storm after owning this Droid.
    05-01-10 05:54 AM
    How do you deal with the screen outside? I liked everything but the fact that you can not see the screen in daylight especially in sunlight. I had Storm2 and the Incredible side by side and S2 I could see but the Incredible I had hard time seeing. I had to tilt screen this way or that way to try to see but still had hare time.

The Incredible is an IPhone clone only a bit better. I agree there are many trade offs between the two handsets. The Blackberry's are certainly more "heavy duty" looking and feeling. HOWEVER I find the HTC Droid to be much faster and much more accurate at what it does compared to the Storm2. After using both handsets now the Incredible is simply a handset that works better in ever way vs the Storm2. I would never go back to the slow wonky working Storm after owning this Droid.
    05-01-10 08:24 AM
    If you love the feel of the BB OS you will not be disappointed with the Storm 2. Glad you stayed. As did I!

05-01-10 09:23 AM
    ...the Incredible is simply a handset that works better in ever way vs the Storm2...
    That seems like a pretty broad statement, and a false one at that.
    Care to clarify? You can wax poetically about new love on the other thread extolling the virtues of the DI. No need to hi-jack this thread with your propaganda.
    Last edited by Jake Storm; 05-01-10 at 11:01 AM.
    05-01-10 10:58 AM
    lol the incredible is a great phone, the storm is a great phone both have their upsides and downsides. i have already explained my feelings with each.

Anyone claimed the incredible is better in everyway is making a stupid statement because NO phone is better at everything
    05-01-10 11:04 AM
    If I were to make the switch it would be for the EVO 4G.

Now before you flame me for talking about switching to Sprint, let me explain that Sprints coverage in my area is excellent. Its as good as VZW's so switching wouldn't affect much.

Just look at the sheer size of the EVO. The thing is massive and is going to have better specs than the Incredible.

OS 6 an the webkit have to impress me, or I am off to Android.

I love the 9550 but OS 6 has to be great.
    05-01-10 11:16 AM
    see i think the evo is too big for me. Great device im sure but its getting to the point where they are overly big to use as a phone that i can actually put in my pocket if i wanted to
    05-01-10 11:39 AM
    If I were to make the switch it would be for the EVO 4G.

Now before you flame me for talking about switching to Sprint, let me explain that Sprints coverage in my area is excellent. Its as good as VZW's so switching wouldn't affect much.

Just look at the sheer size of the EVO. The thing is massive and is going to have better specs than the Incredible.

OS 6 an the webkit have to impress me, or I am off to Android.

I love the 9550 but OS 6 has to be great.
    Its almost the same phone except its to huge has a front facing camera and is on Sprints bad network.
    05-01-10 11:43 AM
    lol the incredible is a great phone, the storm is a great phone both have their upsides and downsides. i have already explained my feelings with each.

Anyone claimed the incredible is better in everyway is making a stupid statement because NO phone is better at everything
    1 Its lighter

2 Typing is easier for me

3 call volume is better /clearer

4 The screen is a higher resolution

5 The browser is MUCH faster

6 It has a 1Gig processor

7 8 mega pixel camera

8 internal software works better

9 operating system works better

10 I never have to push a key more than once

11 zillions more free apps

12 zillions more pay apps

13 Google not shimng Bing Bing

14 Bet I never have a key freeze lockup

15. I get ALL my e mail ALMOST AS FAST plus my junk e mail if disired

16. Really now, Shall I continue ????

YES BETTER IN ALMOST EVERY WAY
    Last edited by Bettermost; 05-01-10 at 12:03 PM.
    05-01-10 11:56 AM
    1 Its lighter

7 8 mega pixel camera

16. Shall I continue ????
    You forgot instant email for like most BB users who depend on on-the-spot communication during the work week

05-01-10 12:05 PM
    1 Its lighter

7 8 mega pixel camera

people said all this when the moto droid came out. Its all what works better for you .... if you need 500 lighter apps to make you happy then go. I personally love my S2, it works well for me and does everything I need it to do. Obviously your S2 didn't do that for you. Move on to your DI, head to the android forums and enjoy your new phone.

Here's the link http://www.androidcentral.com/
    05-01-10 12:07 PM
    You forgot instant email for like most BB users who depend on on-the-spot communication during the work week

I get my mail right away just like a Blackberry. Im not sure why people think polling is that much slower than push. Im getting all my mail from all my accounts very quickly usually within just a minute or two. No e mail issues here. PLUS if an e mail should go to the junk file I can also retrieve it from the handset not with the BB. I think its really about some people not wanting to try/learn something new. I admit the Android format can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at times. However, in a few weeks im sure it will all become second nature just like the Blackberry did for me in time.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 05-01-10 at 12:45 PM.
    05-01-10 12:23 PM
    1 Its lighter doesnt matter to me

2 Typing is easier for me im faster on my storm

7 8 mega pixel camera

10 I never have to push a key more than once i dont on my storm either

11 zillions more free apps dont care

12 zillions more pay apps dont care

14 Bet I never have a key freeze lockup dont have that issue on my storm either

15. I get ALL my e mail ALMOST AS FAST plus my junk e mail if disired gmail yes, hotmail, yahoo, etc no you wont

like i said, both have pluses and minuses
    05-01-10 12:39 PM
    Its almost the same phone except its to huge has a front facing camera and is on Sprints bad network.
    Actually as I said Sprints coverage in my area is excellent, you are forgetting that the EVO can be used as a Mobile hotspot.

Once 4g gets in my area I am golden.

@howarmat I never pocket my storm, its whether or not I can find a leather belt holster for it lol.
    05-01-10 12:43 PM
    Actually as I said Sprints coverage in my area is excellent, you are forgetting that the EVO can be used as a Mobile hotspot.

@howarmat I never pocket my storm, its whether or not I can find a leather belt holster for it lol.
    i never do mine unless its dress pants or something and its not often at all. I guess that is where a clamshell BB would be nice LMAO!!
    05-01-10 12:51 PM

See I have been using a USB air card for my sole source of internet connection for 5 years now. I live in a Sprint city with 4G and tried the "clear" 4G system and it didn't work for me the reception was very poor no matter where I went vs my 3G card. I went back to 3G. So I have used Sprint's 4G system and let me tell you it aint all that its cracked up to be. Not yet at least maybe in a few years. Verizon is supposed to have it by 2012 I think.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 05-01-10 at 12:58 PM.
    05-01-10 12:53 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD