Earlier today I was sitting at a restaraunt eating lunch, when without really thinking about I reached down to pull out my Storm. I looked at it for a second without realizing what I had done. Then it just hit me. How did I ever live without it. This is the same Storm, that I have been raving and complaining about since late November.

The thing is it started before I had even bought the thing. Wasn't able to pick it up until 10:10am at a Best Buy on the 21st. Had missed out at the VZW store due to be called into work. Was able to slip out but didn't make it to the store until about 9:20. Sold out. Called others...sold out. Called some more sold out... stopped at a Circuit City, no Storms going out of business. I felt absolutely crushed, and that was before I had even purchased it. I had a Pearl before, and had thought it doesn't get any better than this, but how wrong I was. I guess it is just that feeling of being connected.

I am horrible with direction, online, verbal, smoke signals it doesn't matter I am just horrible with them. Bought a GPS used it for a week and was like a new person. Buying the Pearl was just an extension of that. I feel right now that I could just jump in my truck and drive to the very tip of South America.

People can say what they want about the Iphone, and the upcoming Pre, but I truly believe that Blackberries are and will continue to be the future of mobile phones. They have absolutely PERFECTED the art of communication, be it e-mail, be it internet service, be it Blackberry messenger, or actual voice communication. They have perfected it. The iphone does not provide the same type of communication or stability that Blackberries provide. It is like a fancy stereo that you can make calls from.

I have railed against the OS in the Storm. I have now come to realize that that was a mistake. It is the Blackberry OS. Is it fancy or glitzy. No. Does it do everything I need it to. Absolutely. I can come to terms with the lockups, because ya know what its just a pothole in the road. They suck when you hit them, but the road continues, and it will still get you exactly where need to go.
    Last edited by Valace2; 02-06-09 at 03:50 PM.
    02-06-09 03:39 PM
    Well said. Enjoy your Storm, I know i'll always own a BB for now on as my 9530 has me hooked as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 04:21 PM
    I agree, well put.

This is my 3rd BB and I cant imagine owning anything else. The Storm pot holes will be filled and it will be smooth sailing from there.
    02-06-09 09:39 PM
    I completely agree with what you stated. I've been hooked every since I picked up the storm and will hang on for the entire ride.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 11:35 PM
    Gotta admit when i first purchased my storm way back on the 7th of december it pissed me off to no end... But now... Well its hard to imagin life without it.
    02-09-09 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD