I upgraded to .113 last night from .109. this morning I sent one sms and it went through. as of now I have full bars on 1XEV and I get no data transfer from my mobile network , has anyone had this issue?
    04-07-09 09:11 AM
    Any help is much appreciated
    04-07-09 10:26 AM
    Any help is much appreciated
    Maybe you need to repost what exactly is going on. Are you saying you can't send SMS now? Is the phone working? I'm kind of lost as to what the problem is.
    04-07-09 10:33 AM
    Maybe you need to repost what exactly is going on. Are you saying you can't send SMS now? Is the phone working? I'm kind of lost as to what the problem is.
    I apologize for being un-clear

Basically, My phone is working I can make and recieve calls, but browsing the internet, and sms, mms, and email and downloads are all not working.

I notice I do have the 1XEV symbol, but I get no response from my mobile network. I have tried the re register, with no success.

So to reiterate the Phone looks to be normal, but the functinality is completely limited. and non existent with the exception of Phone calls
    04-07-09 10:37 AM
    have you tried *22899
    04-07-09 10:39 AM
    I apologize for being un-clear

Basically, My phone is working I can make and recieve calls, but browsing the internet, and sms, mms, and email and downloads are all not working.

I notice I do have the 1XEV symbol, but I get no response from my mobile network. I have tried the re register, with no success.

So to reiterate the Phone looks to be normal, but the functinality is completely limited. and non existent with the exception of Phone calls
    Sounds like you need to have your books resent. Two ways to do this. Go to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw assuming your a Verizon and you can sign in and do it there, or you can call Verizon and they will do it for you.

Don't worry, they won't ask what OS you are running.
    04-07-09 10:43 AM
    have you tried *22899
    After seeing your post I just tried it, and the message I got was activation unsuccessful
    04-07-09 10:44 AM
    I've had this happen before. Go to your connections and manually reconnect to the VZW network.
    04-07-09 10:50 AM
    I had this exact thing happen the day after I switched to .113 from .109, which was last Monday I think. Everything was working for me except for data, so I had no internet or BBM. I resent my service books, hosted the routing tables, did a battery pull, and it has been working ever since. Not sure if it's completely fixed, but I haven't had that issue again for about a week.
    04-07-09 10:59 AM
    Sounds like you need to have your books resent. Two ways to do this. Go to assuming your a Verizon and you can sign in and do it there, or you can call Verizon and they will do it for you.

Don't worry, they won't ask what OS you are running.
    This worked!!! Thanks man, I really appreciate it
    04-07-09 11:22 AM
    One good thing to do after an OS upgrade is to go to options > advance options > hrt, then hit the BB button then "register now"
    04-07-09 11:36 AM
    This worked!!! Thanks man, I really appreciate it
    Hey, whatta you know, I finally got one right.
    04-07-09 12:06 PM
    ^^^^LOL hook
    04-07-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD