Thanks. I know storm is not perfect and I did have other bbs so yes I know rim products. I know the OS will get where it should, as far as hardware, you saw my rant. With its capabilities, it fits me perfectly. And you know storm2 is on the way.

I will be brief and I also want to spare boring you.

First off I love BB's
    (don't we all) and I followed the Storm long before release (like most)

Couldn't wait for it to come out. Then when it was released, you know the rest of the story.

What keeps me "glued"? Damnn good question. Its an interesting subject/forum. The Storm is very unique in that it will go down as one of the worst blackberries ever released. If you know RIMs products its mind boggling what has happened and what people are dealing with.

I don't think there is a good answer to your question and I'm not sure I can really answer it.

As strange as it sounds the Storms epic failings make it interesting.

That's an honest and straight forward answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 10:12 PM
    CK, this will be off topic....but what keeps you "glued" to storm forums, just out of curiosity?
    Olta, I have been wondering that same thing for the better part of four months.

So CK, what is it that keeps you coming back?
    05-10-09 01:05 AM
    He answered it a few posts up but I kinda didn't get the whole picture, just the beginning

Olta, I have been wondering that same thing for the better part of four months.

So CK, what is it that keeps you coming back?
    05-10-09 01:36 AM
    Couldn't your post (and my response to it) also be seen as trolling?

I mean neither your post or mine have anything to do with the OP rant (other than both our posts are also rants)

And now to get back on topic. OP, please let us know if you decide to take apart your Storm. I'd love to hear if you find a good dust seal.
    An off-topic post does not make for a trolling post. Any time you need an example of a trolling post, just do a search for CK's username, or one of his alter egos like RC.

Uh, I have absolutely no idea what you were trying to say or where you were trying to go with that...

Dude, you have the longest posts that have nothing to do with the actual topic.
    Ah, but they do. I'd say I'm sorry that you can't see that, but I'm really not, so I won't. It's a real shame the lack of an education most people get. Half the bloody population can't follow a single line of thought for more than about 30 seconds anymore it seems. No offense, but I truly weep for the future people like you represent. I don't blame you necessarily, the "system" failed you through no real fault of your own, but the result is the same.

Let's put it this way. I was taking olta's post, boiling it down, and then pointing out that you can get upset all you want, it won't make a difference. In an ideal would, I wouldn't have to deal with a man-crush from people like CK, and the ~12 mile drive home from work should take maybe 15 minutes instead of 30-45. In the real world however, I have to put up with CK having a man-crush on me, and creeping along in traffic where I'd LOVE to have even a constant 35mph flow of traffic. No amount of whining, getting angry, or really anything else is going to change those things. I suppose I could hire a hitman to take out CK to end his man-crush, but that's expensive... And I suppose illegal. It also won't do anything about my commute times.

Which is to say both of those are COMPARATIVE EXAMPLES OF LIKE SITUATIONS. olta doesn't like dealing with dust under the screen, I don't like having to deal with CK's man-crush or rush hour traffic, but both of us are kind of stuck dealing with it anyway.
    05-10-09 09:43 PM
    I will be brief and I also want to spare boring you.

First off I love BB's
    (don't we all) and I followed the Storm long before release (like most)

Couldn't wait for it to come out. Then when it was released, you know the rest of the story.

What keeps me "glued"? Damnn good question. Its an interesting subject/forum. The Storm is very unique in that it will go down as one of the worst blackberries ever released. If you know RIMs products its mind boggling what has happened and what people are dealing with.

I don't think there is a good answer to your question and I'm not sure I can really answer it.

As strange as it sounds the Storms epic failings make it interesting.

That's an honest and straight forward answer.

I think its far from the worst ever. The first BB I had to deal with I had in our IT department every couple days do to the emails not coming in on it. This is before in house servers...

to say its the worst ever is kind of not true..

The reason people are frustrated with it is simply because its compared directly to the Iphone its hard to find a post that the iPhone doesn't come up at some point..

There is no doubt that Apple did a good job with setting the bar for touch screen devices. I for one am very happy with my storm haven't had any issues so far....
    05-10-09 09:47 PM

to say its the worst ever is kind of not true..
    generally speaking it is. You won't find a rants and rave for any other BB. Why? Because they work.

The reason people are frustrated with it is simply because its compared directly to the Iphone
    not even close. They are frustrated and angry over software/hardware issues.

The iPhone envy is also evident I do agree.

05-10-09 10:21 PM
    Enough, relax people...just a phone..keep it on topic and and not just flaming back and forth.
    05-10-09 11:10 PM
    Enough, relax people...just a phone..keep it on topic and and not just flaming back and forth.
    Hard to resist the temptation when people are allowed to bait em...

Just saying
    05-10-09 11:23 PM
    So, I just wanted to give everyone an update....Since the replacement was a brand new storm, vzw sent me another brand new one that I received today. I took it out of the box, and to my surprise, it already had dust under the screen right out of the box!!!

I don't know what I will do yet, but it's a huge flaw in RIM's QA.
    05-12-09 05:47 PM
    Not a suprise. Sorry to hear Olta.....

Proof once again of the terrible build quality.
    05-12-09 06:22 PM
    Huh? You called a Blackberry "just a phone"? Oh the humanity!

j/k, I agree 100%
    05-12-09 10:51 PM
    i want to post a quite comment here that my posts were not a attempt to flame but simply debate if anyone was upset sorry
    05-13-09 12:21 AM
    i want to post a quite comment here that my posts were not a attempt to flame but simply debate if anyone was upset sorry
    Hey no worries....

I was not trolling, just expressing my frustration....and like I said I do not want an iphone....there is a reason I own a blackberry...and I love my storm...just want it to be working well....

It's like I would rather have a "scratch on the silver side than dust under screen" thing
    05-13-09 12:26 AM
    Hey no worries....

I was not trolling, just expressing my frustration....and like I said I do not want an iphone....there is a reason I own a blackberry...and I love my storm...just want it to be working well....

It's like I would rather have a "scratch on the silver side than dust under screen" thing

hey i can totally understand that
    05-13-09 12:50 AM
    The "crunchy" screen sound is usually caused by the stock screen protector on the device. Remove the protective film & the sound should disappear.
    05-13-09 06:26 AM
    Trust me there is no protector on my storm. I know what you are saying but its not the case, unfortunately. Its the escape button itself. The button bugs me less than "f-l--ping" dust under screen. .

The "crunchy" screen sound is usually caused by the stock screen protector on the device. Remove the protective film & the sound should disappear.
    05-13-09 10:59 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD