I've always been by the book but, after reading all the comments I could scrounge up for .109, I made the switch. I have been with .75 since x-mas. I just switched to .109 about an hour ago. I am impressed with the speed, my GPS work correctly and faster, the camera is as fast as my digital now, the geotag feature for pics works now, the portrait/landscape switches faster and facebook and myspace apps are giving me my notifications now. I can't stress enough to all the other folks holding out for an "official" release, why wait when it can be so much better now.
    Edit: oh...and the battery charges to 100% now too.
    Edit again: I still have the same VVM/LED issue that I had with .75 where the LED stays on after I have listened and deleted my VVM's. I am thinking the problem does not reside in the OS build but in the VVM program itself.

That's just my two-cents.
    Last edited by Emilluminati; 02-26-09 at 07:51 PM. Reason: new finding
    02-25-09 10:36 PM
    Congrats! I would have returned my phone long ago if it werent for the leaked OS's.
    02-25-09 10:38 PM
    LOL! I wonder how many people will come in here and say that .109 sucks?

I am glad it worked for you! Life is so much easier without the stress of a problematic BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:41 PM
    Congrats to you!
    I like .109 but I am using the .90 radio files with it.

02-25-09 10:57 PM
    Congrats to you!
    I like .109 but I am using the .90 radio files with it.

Is the .90 radio code that much better? what is better about it?
    Thanks
    02-25-09 11:38 PM
    Is the .90 radio code that much better? what is better about it?
    Thanks
    I'm now curious about that too. What is it exactly?
    Last edited by Emilluminati; 02-26-09 at 09:09 AM.
    02-26-09 09:05 AM
    LOL! I wonder how many people will come in here and say that .109 sucks?

I am glad it worked for you! Life is so much easier without the stress of a problematic BB!

.75 worked fine. .109 is great too, maybe better then .75 for the simple fact that it's so much faster. I'm keeping this one. I got rid of .103, anyone who thinks that much clock spinning is acceptable better think again. .109 has some clock spin but no more then .75.
    02-26-09 09:23 AM
    I'm now curious about that too. What is it exactly?
    Don't do it, unless you enjoy VSOD, random reboots and camera issues.

The ONLY reason to do this is to have better reception if you are on an unlocked phone and want to have a better chance of having EDGE vs edge.

Otherwise there is no reason...
    02-26-09 09:23 AM

The ONLY reason to do this is to have better reception if you are on an unlocked phone and want to have a better chance of having EDGE vs edge.

ok, thanx for the reply because I was getting ready to do some research on that.
    02-26-09 09:29 AM
    i REALLY want to upgrade to .109 but the upload.to is so slow,
    it gets to the point that my download manager actually gives up trying to download it. its insane.
    02-26-09 09:36 AM

The VSOD, random reboots, and camera issues are not happening to everyone. Some of us have been successful with adding the .90 radio files with no issues and yes the reason is to maintain a stable strong EDGE signal. With that being said, you do have to be careful with any tinkering of the os.
    02-26-09 11:31 AM
    ok, thanx for the reply because I was getting ready to do some research on that.
    He didn't mention, that its the last last build that doesn't have the color banding. The color is best with .90.
    02-26-09 12:04 PM
    I've always been by the book but, after reading all the comments I could scrounge up for .109, I made the switch. I have been with .75 since x-mas. I just switched to .109 about an hour ago. I am impressed with the speed, my GPS work correctly and faster, the camera is as fast as my digital now, the geotag feature for pics works now, the portrait/landscape switches faster, facebook and myspace apps are giving me my notifications now, and the LED flashes after a missed call again. I can't stress enough to all the other folks holding out for an "official" release, why wait when it can be so much better now.
    Edit: oh...and the battery charges to 100% now too.

That's just my two-cents.
    Does your LED really flash after a missed call, I did n't think this was a feature on the Storm mine has never done that and there are other threads on this forum that says that this is not the case for missed calls on the Storm just the dialog box that comes up asking you whether you wish to view the missed call or not. Are you using BB Alerts? I am running 0.109 (w/o BB Alerts), so I am just curious.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/missed-calls-led-alert-143678/
    02-26-09 01:26 PM
    Congrats, the upgrade is quite impressive isn't it?

btw, what is that you're sitting on on your avatar(and I'm not talkin' about yer a**)? It looks somewhat familiar to me.
    02-26-09 02:24 PM
    btw, what is that you're sitting on on your avatar(and I'm not talkin' about yer a**)? It looks somewhat familiar to me.
    '08 H-D Electra Glide painted Evel Knievel theme with his sig on the front fender. My wife and I won it in a raffle in Butte, MT last year.
    02-26-09 07:32 PM
    Does your LED really flash after a missed call, I did n't think this was a feature on the Storm mine has never done that and there are other threads on this forum that says that this is not the case for missed calls on the Storm just the dialog box that comes up asking you whether you wish to view the missed call or not. Are you using BB Alerts? I am running 0.109 (w/o BB Alerts), so I am just curious.
    You know what!, it doesn't flash. I must've had a message with the missed call I was referring to. After I read this, I tried it and it didn't flash. Sorry for the misinformation. I could've swore that that sucker used to flash for a missed call when I first got the phone...just as much as I could've swore when I started this thread. Guess i'll edit that first post.
    Last edited by Emilluminati; 02-26-09 at 07:50 PM.
    02-26-09 07:39 PM
    Whats wrong with my .109 I mean I did everything right and, it seems like its stupid for a reason, ive been searching for my city in weatherbug for 1 hour, and it keeps searching.
    My browsing speed went down more than 50%, the software seems slower. whats wrong?

Doing a battery pull. It was the first load after the update. lets see

Got about 40.5 mb free memory compared to 32 I had in .75
    But my OS is running really slow.
    Last edited by raw810; 02-27-09 at 05:00 AM.
    02-27-09 04:55 AM
    '08 H-D Electra Glide painted Evel Knievel theme with his sig on the front fender. My wife and I won it in a raffle in Butte, MT last year.
    I thought it looked like a nice touring model. We're (my wife and I) are on an 04 Road King Classic. We wouldn't trade it for the world. BTW, I see you're from northern Idaho, we're in Spokane. Perhaps in a couple months we might meet up and get some road time?

Oh, and to stay on topic, is your upgraded phone still treating you well?
    02-27-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD