AGHHHH. My newest storm now has dust all under my screen and something is loose inside and rattling...fantastic. Are you freaking kidding me with this thing RIM?
    I've about reached my breaking point. But I know VZW won't switch my phone for something else...will they?
    And is dust under the screen a reason to return?
    And bmerdinian, does that vacuum thing work? Explain please
    04-02-09 11:05 AM
    AGHHHH. My newest storm now has dust all under my screen and something is loose inside and rattling...fantastic. Are you freaking kidding me with this thing RIM?
    I've about reached my breaking point. But I know VZW won't switch my phone for something else...will they?
    And is dust under the screen a reason to return?
    And bmerdinian, does that vacuum thing work? Explain please
    Doesn't verizon have a return policy that states if you've returned a phone 3 times they will put you into something else and give you a credit for the current phone. At least that what C.S. told me when I had problems with my last phone last year. Good luck! I feel your frustration!
    04-02-09 11:37 AM
    I never would have bothered to get a second replacement after the first.
    04-02-09 11:42 AM
    To the OP, I feel your pain. I'm on my fourth blackberry Storm. The first one did not click in the corners. The second one would reboot for no reason (after switching out the battery and reinstalling the OS). The third one I didn't even activate because the one they sent me was in pretty crappy condition (convenience buttons did not respond), and now I'm on my fourth.

This one is a refurb, and thankfully it's operating very well. I've had it for about three weeks now and I've yet to have a complaint about the hardware. No more random reboots either.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to go to a fifth phone. Don't know that I'd stay with it at this point. I really like the phone, but I won't stand for having to switch out the phone so many times.
    04-02-09 01:07 PM
    number 1 --> too many random resets to handle, and other glitchy things with the clicking mechanism
    number 2 --> Stopped being responsive to touch after a few weeks. It would only sometimes register touch
    number 3 --> no problems for almost two months. Love at first click....but low and behold....it is now unresponsive to touch in several places. The screen will completely blank out at times. Several hard resets, soft resets, and days later (waiting on it to "work it's issues out on it's own")....I now can't do anything.
    Any idea how (cracky)frustrating it is to have messages and not be able to check them!?

and to top it all off, the stuff I ordered from BPlay only allows two pin changes a year...which I've already used.

oy vey.
    I'm depressed.

Funny, I just got my 3rd one yesterday in a span of 2 weeks. First one lasted 4 days with all of your problems listed. My second one after 5 days the screen would not click anymore. Someone had said that the little gel balls underneath may have moved. Now I have my 3rd one, and it seems to be woring fine. Ill keep my fingers crossed. Even after the troubles, I am still keeping my Storm, I love it so much that I deal with going in to ask VZW for another one every week. lol
    04-03-09 04:34 PM
    Dust = Vacume it
    Screen = unscrew the 2 T6 @ the back of the phone until you get best click
    Sound= update PRL And OTASP

phone has no issues
    Just some tweaks

Thank you for your insight into fixing several of the issues. I personally have upgraded to a beta OS and tweaked the torque screws to get a better click. It's great having a forum like this where we have people to help.

IMO, I feel like a lot of Storm owners are upset that they feel they MUST mess with the torque screws, vaccuum a cell phone, and upgrade to beta software in order to get a properly working phone.

I equate it to analogy of buying a new car. When I buy a brand new car off the lot I don't expect that I have to put a new engine into it in order to make it run properly. It's basically the same thing with the Storm, right out of the box many Storm owners who are familiar with Crackberry feel compelled to use a beta OS to achieve optimum performance. This is evidenced by the large number of posts which say "if I didn't have all the leaks to play around with I would have been done with the Storm a long time ago."
    04-03-09 04:47 PM
    yeah, I'm really not sure what to do with this thing now. I'm living with all the dust under the screen because I just don't want to have to switch all my pins over...again. It's a REAL pain...
    And I do agree that there is no reason this phone should take so much work. I do like it, and putting up with the problems wasn't so bad...but this is getting old. I'm entirely too busy now to be running off to Verizon so much.
    04-03-09 07:44 PM
    yeah, I'm really not sure what to do with this thing now. I'm living with all the dust under the screen because I just don't want to have to switch all my pins over...again. It's a REAL pain...
    And I do agree that there is no reason this phone should take so much work. I do like it, and putting up with the problems wasn't so bad...but this is getting old. I'm entirely too busy now to be running off to Verizon so much.
    Yeah, I really dont have that problem... Not busy at all actually. I need a life. Just reading these forums aint cutting it.lol
    04-03-09 07:53 PM
    Sorry to hear you're having these problems. I guess I've been lucky with .113 - no random resets or call drops - etc.

I'm running:Viigo, Weathereye, BerryBuzz, Calls Blocker, Capture It, Quicklaunch, VyMail and Bolt.

I switch off every night and recharge - then do a Quickpull once a week or so!

I understand though with those problems how you'd be fedup with this though!

yeah, I treat this thing like a delicate little flower. I keep it in it's own separate pocket of my purse when it's not at my side or in my hand, so I don't know what the heck is going on.

I have only spoken to someone at customer service since I'm trying to wait it out, I really don't want to go through the hassle of getting another phone...But I'm thinking that'll be my only option.
    I'm backing up my third party apps right now, just in case...

As a last-ditch effort, I'm going to downgrade (from .103) to .75...unfortunately.

I love my phone, but all these problems are driving me NUTS!
    04-03-09 08:08 PM
    Well, if its any consolation you look really hot in your picture.

Other than that I would say wait for the Niagra to come out as it looks like it could be a definite winner. Sometimes you just have to move on, I mean to exchange one is acceptable, but a third time is just too much for anyone to handle and you shouldn't have to put up with it.
    04-03-09 08:54 PM
    Well, if its any consolation you look really hot in your picture.

Other than that I would say wait for the Niagra to come out as it looks like it could be a definite winner. Sometimes you just have to move on, I mean to exchange one is acceptable, but a third time is just too much for anyone to handle and you shouldn't have to put up with it.
    Bahahaa, thanks
    The thing is that I think I'll have a hard time going back to a non-touch screen. I just love that part of the storm so much.

Sorry to hear you're having these problems. I guess I've been lucky with .113 - no random resets or call drops - etc.

I'm running:Viigo, Weathereye, BerryBuzz, Calls Blocker, Capture It, Quicklaunch, VyMail and Bolt.

I switch off every night and recharge - then do a Quickpull once a week or so!

I understand though with those problems how you'd be fedup with this though!
    Yup, I do most of that. I have quickpull scheduled every night. and have for the other storms, but my problems are hardware related versus software, so that wouldn't solve my problems anyway. Software-wise, my storm's working great. The camera is hit-or-miss at times on .114, but wtv, I can live with it.
    04-03-09 10:58 PM
    I feel for you, I just got a replacement in the mail yesterday after enduring a random reboot EVERY TIME my phone received an email, text or BBM message. I'm talking every two to three messages, **** even one message would cause the screen to flash in error and reset the entire device.

I still have faith in the device but they seem to move slow as molasses when addressing these issues and even speculative as ever when you tell them about it. As if they don't know about the errors already. They weren't lying when they say the device is ahead of the software.
    04-04-09 01:38 AM
    Bahahaa, thanks
    The thing is that I think I'll have a hard time going back to a non-touch screen. I just love that part of the storm so much.

Yup, I do most of that. I have quickpull scheduled every night. and have for the other storms, but my problems are hardware related versus software, so that wouldn't solve my problems anyway. Software-wise, my storm's working great. The camera is hit-or-miss at times on .114, but wtv, I can live with it.
    Tell them you want one made in Canada!!!...
    04-04-09 02:07 AM
    Tell them you want one made in Canada!!!...
    my current (dust filled) storm is made in Canada....

oh, and I tried the vacuuming...it's now filled with MORE dust...fantastic.
    any other fixes?
    04-05-09 07:28 AM
    04-06-09 02:02 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD