has anyone tried to view Hulu on the storm? is there any streaming TV episodes out there?

just wondering.
    02-06-09 12:42 PM
    I doubt there is yet, but really someone could probably just repurpose the YouTube app for this. They both seem to use the Flash video codec (FLV).

You should make your desire known to the people who run the Hulu site. Don't be obnoxious, but make it known on a pretty regular basis that you'd like to see this.
    02-06-09 12:51 PM
    I doubt there is yet, but really someone could probably just repurpose the YouTube app for this. They both seem to use the Flash video codec (FLV).

You should make your desire known to the people who run the Hulu site. Don't be obnoxious, but make it known on a pretty regular basis that you'd like to see this.
    I doubt it's FLV. Youtube runs on mp4 for some videos. I bet it's just the mp4 stream.
    02-06-09 12:58 PM
    There was a previous thread about this... (sorry I cant post URLs yet)

forums.crackberry.com/f134/hulu-use-storm-145059/
    Thanks for pointing that out-
    02-06-09 02:24 PM
    It is possible to get Slingplayer mobile for curve/pearl to work on the Storm. A couple of caveats, you MUST have OS .83 or higher, and it does not support HD Slingbox. There's a thread over in the How To section about it.
    02-06-09 02:34 PM
    I seem to recall a statement from a guy at NBC/Universal saying they were working on it.
    Sorry so vague, I don't remember where I read that.

I don't think we need to tell them. They know how bad this needs to happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 02:39 PM
    thanks guys, i just sent a quick email to Hulu support asking if there are any plans for smartphone support. ill report any answer here.

BTW, this site and all the cool people here are the best! im glad to be a part of this growing obsession but i refuse to drink the kool-aid.
    02-06-09 02:56 PM
    this is what they said:

"We're focused on the free streaming experience on the computer today, but our overall mission at Hulu is to help people find and enjoy great content when,
    where and how they want. That means we�re continually listening to user feedback and evaluating new technologies to develop new experiences for users to enjoy Hulu. "
    02-07-09 09:59 AM
    Since the technology is already there (ie youtube mobile) I would imagine the problem lies with them finding the most effective way to obtain ad revenue on a mobile format.

02-07-09 11:59 AM
    are there any other browsers out there for the storm that do support FLASH?
    02-19-09 05:19 PM
    No. And from the way it sounds it will be a long time before it does happen.

02-19-09 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD