I have it set to automatically download images in my email settings, but whenever I open a new email I still have to manually select "get pictures". any advise?
    11-26-08 01:38 PM
    i posted this the other day. Apparently it only downloads images already embedded in the email. If the image itself is hoested on a different site, say for example the header is hosted on fotki.com, it won't upload automatically, you have to menu click load images for that. It is somewhat of a let down but not a big deal either.
    11-26-08 01:40 PM
    i dont know i have the same issue.
    11-26-08 01:40 PM
    it's not an issue. It's a security measure.
    11-26-08 01:41 PM
    I'm having this issue as well. i mean it should at least be an option right?
    11-26-08 01:42 PM
    I think its part of security reasons why it doesn't download automatically.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 01:43 PM

Too bad there's not a 'trusted site' override.
    11-26-08 01:45 PM

thats exactly why it doesnt dl it automatically...pltaylor mentioned it as well. Its like this on OS 4.5 and 4.6 also
    11-26-08 01:47 PM
    Opening HTML exposes your email address to the host. So if you didn't solicit the email or it got by your spam filters and it automatically opened or you chose to open it, the sender now knows you are a valid address and drowns you in spam. So like I said it's by design not a flaw.
    11-26-08 01:54 PM
    Definately a security concern, but they should have a "trusted" sites list. (kinda like gmail has "always download images from xxx.com" option
    11-26-08 02:02 PM
    it's not an issue. It's a security measure.
    Correct, this is a security feature, and it also allows those who don't have unlimited data to control how much data they use.
    11-26-08 02:04 PM
    Correct, this is a security feature, and it also allows those who don't have unlimited data to control how much data they use.
    Another good point I hadn't considered. Can't imagine having to watch my data use.
    11-26-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD