I was in the middle of messing around on CB on my work computer when this came up
    "ACCESS DENIED: http://forums.crackberry.com is not an approved site. Please contact Human Resources if you feel you've reached this page in error.

Thank god for wapforums. Take that H.R. Bastards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 10:06 PM
    What Company HR?
    02-26-09 10:08 PM
    At my work it does it too. If I just go to www.crackberry.com, it lets me, then I just press on forums, so that is my workaround.
    02-26-09 10:09 PM
    lol that sucks. I wouldn't contact them by the way.

However, maybe a reboot will do the trick. We were having problems with our work server for a while and random stuff was getting blocked for weird reasons, but rebooting sometimes helped. Finally we had to reboot the firewall itself.
    02-26-09 10:09 PM
    I woulod just die if i could not visit the forums while on the clock. I consider Crackberry as research!
    02-26-09 10:14 PM
    That sucks but you are paid to work not post on cb.

02-26-09 10:17 PM
    If not there is always a browser on you're phone, that's what I use cb isn't banned but to much going on in my computer to have another window open

02-26-09 10:19 PM
    I'd rather not say what company, as my Username is my actual name. I guess ill have to do real work now.
    I bet it was Toby. *******.

02-26-09 10:23 PM
    That sucks but you are paid to work not post on cb.

Thank you! How do people just not get this?!

02-26-09 10:29 PM
    Thank you! How do people just not get this?!

Oh please. you never use the internet for personal use while working? Never?

02-26-09 10:48 PM
    That sux that they blocked you.
    02-26-09 10:51 PM
    I keep my berry close by and browse via wap in between working. The joy of multi-tasking.

02-26-09 10:52 PM
    I must say though, towards the end of my run I got pretty ridiculous with it. I gained abuser status in like two days. I guess they call it CrackBerry for a reason. Sigh. Its probably for the best.

02-26-09 11:30 PM
    wap.crackberry.com doent work on my phone neiter does any other "mobile version" of a site
    anyone else have this problem or know whats wrong with my phone?
    02-27-09 08:22 AM
    I feel like I'm being sneaky but my boss specifically tells me that if I finish my work to "read a book or something" so I shouldn't feel bad. LOL. I use my phone for websites that I don't want traced back to my work computer though... like personal message boards/email.
    02-27-09 08:24 AM
    Oh please. you never use the internet for personal use while working? Never?

Yes but when the site is banned/restricted, I can't complain about it since they are the ones paying for OC192's.
    02-27-09 08:28 AM
    Here is a work around you should be able to use that we use at our work to bypass the system go PHProxy this will pull up a url and google search that uses a proxy server to get you on crackberry or whatever else you want.

02-27-09 09:15 AM
    wap.crackberry.com doent work on my phone neiter does any other "mobile version" of a site
    anyone else have this problem or know whats wrong with my phone?
    wapFORUMS.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 10:45 AM
    You can also use iBypass - The largest, most influential proxy network on the Internet. They have about 30 other mirror proxy sites if your company catches on and bans the original proxy site.
    02-27-09 03:26 PM
    Just tried iBypass and PHProxy, both are banned. Thanks anyways.
    02-27-09 04:03 PM
    I have been to many hospitals that disallow all sites with the terms "forum" or "proxy" in the address. I can still access them via wifi, but not on their machines. You could just ask IT for a pass since CB forims does have business applicability if you use a smart phone for your work. And of course you can always use WAP as I am right now.

02-27-09 04:08 PM
    We use Surf Control and sometimes it goes a little crazy and starts blocking everything so we reboot it. Maybe they just need to reboot the server. We also use an ISA server as well that gets out of whack too.
    02-27-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD