when i run the program file my windows put up an error message saying error reading setup initialization file...

any ideas??????????????
    12-04-08 01:19 PM
    If you enter the wrong code it should say something like 9 of 10. I don't know if it cumulative or overall. Let's try not to find out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i just spoke to verizon and verified the unlock code was correct. although they stated that i would not be able to use the phone in the states because it has to be on verizon. according to her it is unlocked.

what should i do?
    12-04-08 01:28 PM
    She full of it on the states part. Does it say disabled at network now?

12-04-08 01:43 PM
    She full of it on the states part. Does it say disabled at network now?

with tmobile sim card in....it still says network "active." everything else is disabled.
    12-04-08 01:48 PM
    I don't know what to tell you bro. As long as it says network active that device is still locked.

12-04-08 02:44 PM
    with tmobile sim card in....it still says network "active." everything else is disabled.

Go to Manage Connections -> Mobile Network Options -> Network Technology: change it to GSM/UMTS.

Tell me if it works
    12-04-08 03:03 PM
    DT & PT, the same sh^t happen to me when I called on the launch day of the storm after getting it. Let me tell you, the global support center (where she works i assume) will tell you that your phone is unlocked for Global use over seas indicating that you can use your storm WITH the verizon Sim card in it while in (e.g Prague,CZ). What she did was allowed you to make calls while over there but you will get charged a HEFTY bill. They did the same to me and I had to call back explaining that I need to unlock my phone to use a PREpaid sim card, not verizons sim. Tell them that you need to use a Prepaid sim card and that you do not want to use your verizon sim because the charges are out of range.

At the end, its just their way of not sending the official unlock code. just explain to them that you need to use a prepaid card and you should be good to go.
    KW
    12-04-08 03:10 PM
    Good info kwack. He should try that because it is definitely not unlocked. Typical Verizon crap.

12-04-08 03:14 PM
    DT & PT, the same sh^t happen to me when I called on the launch day of the storm after getting it. Let me tell you, the global support center (where she works i assume) will tell you that your phone is unlocked for Global use over seas indicating that you can use your storm WITH the verizon Sim card in it while in (e.g Prague,CZ). What she did was allowed you to make calls while over there but you will get charged a HEFTY bill. They did the same to me and I had to call back explaining that I need to unlock my phone to use a PREpaid sim card, not verizons sim. Tell them that you need to use a Prepaid sim card and that you do not want to use your verizon sim because the charges are out of range.

At the end, its just their way of not sending the official unlock code. just explain to them that you need to use a prepaid card and you should be good to go.
    KW
    It took me 6 tries to get my unlock code!
    12-04-08 03:17 PM
    the blackberry gods are smiling!!! this morning i thought i was stuck with verizon but thanks to you im back with tmobile!!!!

-one last thing is there anything we can do to get rid of the verizon wireless sign that comes up when the phone reboots??
    12-04-08 03:21 PM
    can we remove the verizon sign that comes up during reboot?
    12-04-08 03:26 PM
    No that part is hard coded into the chipset. You'll have to live with that part.

12-04-08 03:26 PM
    Hey PT, im going to upgrade again and test out the books. Bell's .76 released today. Will test and post back = )
    12-04-08 03:34 PM
    You got it bad Bro!

12-04-08 03:40 PM

KW
    am i asking for something more specific than an unlock code? they already verified the code that they gave me, so i'm not exactly sure what i am asking for.

thanks in advance for your help.
    12-04-08 03:42 PM
    how many digits did they give for the code?
    12-04-08 03:50 PM
    16 digits.
    12-04-08 03:53 PM
    enter it using mepd then mepd2 i think. I have to recheck
    12-04-08 03:57 PM
    yes......16 digits
    12-04-08 03:58 PM
    dt, did you enter the code in the security settings?
    12-04-08 04:01 PM
    dt, did you enter the code in the security settings?
    not sure what you mean......

i entered the code under "options/advanced options/sim card"and then entered MEPD, MEP2 and then the code.
    12-04-08 04:04 PM
    not sure what you mean......

i entered the code under "options/advanced options/sim card"and then entered MEPD, MEP2 and then the code.
    Your in the right place.
    12-04-08 04:05 PM
    Your in the right place.
    i don't know what else to do.
    12-04-08 04:10 PM
    dt, you have to enter the code after going into mepd2. not before
    12-04-08 04:11 PM

KW
    reminder: i bought the phone from best buy, without a contract and paid full price. so i do not and have never had the phone activated on verizon.
    12-04-08 04:12 PM
2,852 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD