How is the alarm on the storm? Is it better than the one on windows mobile? And does it really wake you up in the morning?
    12-21-08 07:04 AM
    I've never used a WM phone so I can't compare the two. As for the Storm's alarm, I have used the alarm feature on a regular basis and it has yet to fail to go off and awaken me at it's scheduled time.
    12-21-08 07:19 AM
    it sucks. it just rings once and doesnt do it continuously. if u happen to hear it, then u can snooze it and it will ring again at whatever interval u set it at. scared to see what happens once school starts up again...
    12-21-08 07:22 AM
    it sucks. Every time I've used it, I was sound asleep and the damn thing went off and woke me up at exactly the time it was set for. Pretty rude to wake some one up when they're sleeping

</sarcasm>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 07:23 AM
    Works fine for me. Used it for the last month.
    You set the tune or tone.
    12-21-08 07:31 AM
    Annoying as heck. In a good way of course. It has to fail me in the two weeks I've had it.
    As far as me actually getting up, that's a different story.

PS- I've found that the "Alarm_Quick Bell" sound is the most effective/annoying.

Last edited by cocruxified; 12-21-08 at 07:39 AM.
    12-21-08 07:35 AM
    it sucks. it just rings once and doesnt do it continuously. if u happen to hear it, then u can snooze it and it will ring again at whatever interval u set it at. scared to see what happens once school starts up again...
    Something must be wrong with yours then. Mine goes off until I hit snooze or dismiss. I messed up the other morning and hit snooze before I got up and took a shower. When I came out of the bathroom 30 minutes later it was still going off.
    12-21-08 07:36 AM
    Something must be wrong with yours then. Mine goes off until I hit snooze or dismiss. I messed up the other morning and hit snooze before I got up and took a shower. When I came out of the bathroom 30 minutes later it was still going off.
    Haha. I must admit I've done that more than once. That's for sure.

12-21-08 07:44 AM
    Ok thanks for the info. I need a phone that will wake me up because I have the HTC Touch (XV6900) and being that it's Windows Mobile.... the alarm sucks. It only rings once and its more of a reminder than an alarm, so I had to install G-alarm. Works great
    Last edited by Jaytavarez91; 12-21-08 at 07:47 AM.
    12-21-08 07:44 AM
    I like the alarm but the "escalating" volume on mine really never gets past very low. Anyone else find this? Running .76
    12-21-08 07:46 AM
    QUOTE=stuatc;1232693]I like the alarm but the "escalating" volume on mine really never gets past very low. Anyone else find this? Running .76[/QUOTE]

I believe I had this happen to me the one time I used that setting. Can't remember though. Nothing a software update can't fix. Maybe its fixed in .83. I haven't tried it.

12-21-08 08:00 AM
    The alarm works great for me. I got the Air Raid Siren from this website and I am awake instantly. This is coming from a guy who is nearly impossible to wake up. Before the Storm, I had 3 alarms set and I would barely get up for them, sometimes I would sleep right through 3 alarms going off. Now, I dont use my other 3 alarms.
    12-21-08 08:00 AM
    The alarm works great for me. I got the Air Raid Siren from this website and I am awake instantly. This is coming from a guy who is nearly impossible to wake up. Before the Storm, I had 3 alarms set and I would barely get up for them, sometimes I would sleep right through 3 alarms going off. Now, I dont use my other 3 alarms.
    Where'd you get the Air raid siren? I would love something like that.

12-21-08 08:03 AM
    Yea the alarm works, I'm awake posting here right now thanks to the alarm.
    12-21-08 08:12 AM
    Works great for me, coming from a WM phone that was physically unable to get loud enough to wake me up. I set the alarms in the calendar so I can set them in advance versus doing it over each night. Wakes me up fine and snooze is good. Works great with my piece of crap home made stand because I didn't want to spend $50 on a cradle.

12-21-08 12:56 PM
    The actual alarm itself is great, never fails to wake me up (even when I've left it in my living room by mistake)

Only complaint is that the storm only comes with one alarm, but that's standard to BB. There are some great apps for this tho

12-21-08 01:07 PM
    it sucks. Every time I've used it, I was sound asleep and the damn thing went off and woke me up at exactly the time it was set for. Pretty rude to wake some one up when they're sleeping

</sarcasm>

Hahaha, Classic!

But ye I have been using the alarm on the storm since I got it and had no problems with it.

If anyone want to know the tone I use (I have tryed a few and this is the best for me): Alarm_HighAlert

Thanks.

Tom.
    12-21-08 01:08 PM
    Woke my **** up

again

and

again

and

again

Wasnt quite ready to wake up the first couple times
    12-21-08 01:35 PM
    Where'd you get the Air raid siren? I would love something like that.

Here you go..
    12-24-08 09:24 PM
    I made a ringtone for mine of "Good Day Sunshine" that is most of the song. It wakes me up every time, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. I do tend to push snooze about 6 times though.
    12-24-08 09:30 PM
    the alarm program is good... but i had a program for my Treo .. that you could set up several alarms... and when it did go off... 80% of screen was a "snooze" button and to turn it off.. a small button at the bottom of the screen.

It was perfect.. the blackberry is sometimes weird on how it will ring depending on what ring setting you have, sometimes it might mimic the "ring" setting and vibrate several times then ring once.

But it has worked so far.. i have only missed 1 or 2 alarms because my phone settings weren't on "loud"
    12-24-08 09:35 PM
    I took a Jonas Brothers song from my daughter and use that as my wake-up. I can't get out of bed fast enuff to turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-24-08 09:51 PM
    The alarm annoys me to no end...it's LOUD. But when it takes everything short of a bomb to wake you up, that's a good thing
    12-24-08 10:03 PM
    I had a Palm Treo 700WX and it wasn't that loud. Didn't really like it. Had the Voyager and it was loud enough for me. Then I got the BB Storm and it def. loud enough for me. I have my volume at 7 and it wakes me up and I choose the most annoying ring too.
    12-24-08 10:13 PM
    I use mine every morn to get my as* out of bed... then to go listen to techs bit*h at ATT! LoL! Thing works great every time... people just need to stop drinking so much the night b4!
    12-24-08 10:41 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD