Im curious as to what the average storm 2 users battery life is. Considering one for an upcoming upgrade on Verizon.

Also, any idea when the Storm 3 is coming?
    06-04-10 08:48 AM
    Average life on mine without making calls is 6 - 7 hours. I have a spare battery that I keep with me so I can actually use mine all day.
    06-04-10 08:53 AM
    Holy cow........
    06-04-10 08:54 AM
    by the end of the day, I'm usually around 60-75% of a full charge, and that includes plenty of messaging (BBM), a couple phone calls, web browsing, and a couple hours of Pandora listening.

as far as a Storm 3, it would have to be pretty stupendous for me to purchase it any time soon. my S2 works great for me.
    06-04-10 08:57 AM
    With the stock battery it was 12-14 hours with heavy usage. With the extended battery 36-72 hours.

No idea when the Storm 3 is coming but there are some speculations in the rumored/upcoming phones forum on here
    06-04-10 08:59 AM
    by the end of the day, I'm usually around 60-75% of a full charge, and that includes plenty of messaging (BBM), a couple phone calls, web browsing, and a couple hours of Pandora listening.

as far as a Storm 3, it would have to be pretty stupendous for me to purchase it any time soon. my S2 works great for me.
    That is really really good. I am currently running Tanks hybrid, and I can go through a day, but by the end my phone is pretty much dead.
    06-04-10 09:00 AM
    I get a solid day out of mine with heavy use! Thought there has been little word on the Storm3 I expect it in time for the Christmas shopping season.

Average life on mine without making calls is 6 - 7 hours. I have a spare battery that I keep with me so I can actually use mine all day.
    Sounds like you have a defective battery!
    06-04-10 09:23 AM
    Medium/Heavy Twitter/BBM/BB Browser and some calls, I sit at 70% after about 12 hours, stock battery.

Storm 3 will be Quarter 4, you can put money on that. But the Storm 2 is a solid upgrade from the Storm 1. Personally, i'd hold out for the Storm 3 though, honestly.
    06-04-10 09:27 AM
    That is really really good. I am currently running Tanks hybrid, and I can go through a day, but by the end my phone is pretty much dead.
    what sort of things do you do on your phone? how many hours of phone calls, for instance. how much surfing? messaging? music playback?

I don't have any utilities (memory resident crap) on my phone and that's why I have no issues with battery life.
    06-04-10 09:33 AM
    I've never had to recharge my S2 during the day.

I predict Storm3 will follow the same pattern for release as the S1 and S2. That being 4th quarter.

I really happy with my S2, but I'll be looking to snag an S3 a soon as they're available.
    I just can't get enough Storm goodness
    06-04-10 09:45 AM
    Medium/Heavy Twitter/BBM/BB Browser and some calls, I sit at 70% after about 12 hours, stock battery.

Storm 3 will be Quarter 4, you can put money on that. But the Storm 2 is a solid upgrade from the Storm 1. Personally, i'd hold out for the Storm 3 though, honestly.
    Storm3 in quarter 4 - you say? Put money on it? I'd love to. What kind of $$ we talking about? What type of odds? I will likely take that bet. T

The slider does not to be due out till the middle/ end of the 3rd quarter and we've already seen a ton of it. Its popped up in pictures, OSes, videos, stocking screens, located browsing on certain sites etc... S3 - - not so much. Nothing but unfounded rumors. No official announcement yet, let alone a sale date that would be 45-60 days following first announcement.

You are more likely to see a 9550 OS leak before you see the S3 legally available for purchase in 2010. Maybe - if the rumors are true, maybe its officially announced in November 2010. But tough to see actual sales coming before Christmas.

My sources tell me the struggle internally between those trying to add features and smoothness to the OS6 vs. those trying to scale it back is still being waged, virtually with each compilation. RIM is by all accounts not pushing forward in a unified way. And stealth layoffs have a habit of not being stealth for long. Not inside the industry. As a disclaimer, my contacts are Aspergian engineers and often misread the intent of others' statements.
    06-04-10 10:24 AM
    Running Lyricidal's latest hybrid, which has me running with the best battery life I've ever experienced. I'm getting through a full day with about 60% battery remaining when I plug it in before bed (although it's a bit less when I'm on the phone a lot).

Regardless though, I've never had issues with the battery lasting *at least* a full day on any OS...and I use my BB quite a bit.
    06-04-10 11:11 AM
    Storm3 in quarter 4 - you say? Put money on it? I'd love to. What kind of $$ we talking about? What type of odds? I will likely take that bet. T

The slider does not to be due out till the middle/ end of the 3rd quarter and we've already seen a ton of it. Its popped up in pictures, OSes, videos, stocking screens, located browsing on certain sites etc... S3 - - not so much. Nothing but unfounded rumors. No official announcement yet, let alone a sale date that would be 45-60 days following first announcement.

You are more likely to see a 9550 OS leak before you see the S3 legally available for purchase in 2010. Maybe - if the rumors are true, maybe its officially announced in November 2010. But tough to see actual sales coming before Christmas.

My sources tell me the struggle internally between those trying to add features and smoothness to the OS6 vs. those trying to scale it back is still being waged, virtually with each compilation. RIM is by all accounts not pushing forward in a unified way. And stealth layoffs have a habit of not being stealth for long. Not inside the industry. As a disclaimer, my contacts are Aspergian engineers and often misread the intent of others' statements.
    I would say that in most company's ideal way of releasing phones, that is valid. In the specific case of RIM (or Verizon, choose your poison), and the Storm series ...

The Storm 2 had nothing but un-official (and not even confirmed to be actual) pics of the phone. Most of them were actually mockups, or artist depictions. It didn't have any official release date, press releases, or any acknowledgement beyond it's existence, up until about a week prior to it's release. It literally came out of nowhere.

I think it is for that reason, we should not reasonably expect them to do differently than that, for the Storm 3. Ad blitz and marketing to come around October/November, like last year, and it will launch very shortly after that. That is my reasoning on why we have heard almost nothing other than confirmation of it's existence. Also, there is the likelihood that they will meet the expected release date of the approximate anniversary of the 1st and 2nd generation Storm phones. Not to mention that it would come a little bit (a quarter or so, give or take a few months) after the purported release of BlackBerry 6.

So yes, I place my money pretty firmly on it being on Quarter 4. Simple logic says, this is RIM's competition against the iPhone, and the Android onslaught. If they don't get something out this year, they will definitely suffer. And the Christmas season is perfect, as evidenced by prior releases. Anyhow. I spoze we'll see.
    06-04-10 11:37 AM
    I would say that in most company's ideal way of releasing phones, that is valid. In the specific case of RIM (or Verizon, choose your poison), and the Storm series ...

The Storm 2 had nothing but un-official (and not even confirmed to be actual) pics of the phone. Most of them were actually mockups, or artist depictions. It didn't have any official release date, press releases, or any acknowledgement beyond it's existence, up until about a week prior to it's release. It literally came out of nowhere.

I think it is for that reason, we should not reasonably expect them to do differently than that, for the Storm 3. Ad blitz and marketing to come around October/November, like last year, and it will launch very shortly after that. That is my reasoning on why we have heard almost nothing other than confirmation of it's existence. Also, there is the likelihood that they will meet the expected release date of the approximate anniversary of the 1st and 2nd generation Storm phones. Not to mention that it would come a little bit (a quarter or so, give or take a few months) after the purported release of BlackBerry 6.

So yes, I place my money pretty firmly on it being on Quarter 4. Simple logic says, this is RIM's competition against the iPhone, and the Android onslaught. If they don't get something out this year, they will definitely suffer. And the Christmas season is perfect, as evidenced by prior releases. Anyhow. I spoze we'll see.

My dad didn't teach me a whole lot, but he DID teach me, "if it's not broke, don't fix it". That's how I feel about my S2. It works. It's a phone. It's paid for.

(One day recently, I got in my truck and it wouldn't start. It had just started five minutes prior. Battery was dead. THEN I went to Kragen's to buy a new battery. I didn't buy a battery BEFORE it failed... Truck starts again. works for me.)
    06-04-10 11:54 AM

I agree with this. It will most likely be out in Q4. RIM hypes up the 1st generation releases but barely markets the 2nd and 3rd generation releases of the same phone. Unless something dramatically changes and is added, they will stick to their normal marketing plan
    06-04-10 12:09 PM
    The storm 2 IMO has fixed the problem called "Memory" that the storm1 people suffer. But Battery not really.
    Storm 2 is considered a smart phone and not just a phone. It suppose to hold charge with heavy at least from 6:00 am til 8:00 or 9:00 pm, the time you get to work till the time you think, lets watch some tv and gets into bed.

Fact is, RIM is targeting the business people and not itoy people. So they have to get an OS that fairly handle battery life with heavy use and not get a storm3.
    06-04-10 12:22 PM
    I get a good day and half out of mine with moderate use. I charge it every night before going to bed so it NEVER gives out during a day.

BKVic
    06-04-10 01:42 PM
    I'm at the very least to a full day with fairly heavy usage, and most of the time just short of 2 days. When I'm on the road, I'll recharge each night, but at home I'll plug in for about an hour in the morning. Can't speak on the S3, but it will have to really knock my sox off to free me from Odin!
    06-04-10 02:26 PM
    A little under a day I use an extra battery for the long days.
    06-04-10 02:56 PM
    Most days, I am a light-to-moderate user of my S2. In such cases, when I plug it in at bedtime, it typically has around 75% of its charge still remaining. I can easily skip a night charging without running the phone much below 50%. Again, though, I do not consider myself a heavy user; most of my use is e-mail, with only a few short calls a day and a lttle web browsing thrown in.

I am in no rush to trade in my S2 which I have "tweaked" exactly to my liking. It really meets all my current needs just fine. But, I have to admit that I AM curious about what new features the S3 might offer. (Isn't technology fun?!)
    06-04-10 03:06 PM
    How are you guys getting so much battery life. I'm down 15% an hour with my heavy use.
    06-04-10 04:51 PM
    Ya ...lets turn this into a thread with tips on ....HOW the **** youi get such long battery life.....im running the .705 hybrid....good battery life but not amazing....heavy bbm some browsing, very little phone. not ghost running apps or anything crazy....wi fi off, but kept 3g on. any suggestions?
    06-04-10 04:59 PM
    How are you guys getting so much battery life. I'm down 15% an hour with my heavy use.
    buy a new battery, i ordered one online from vzw got it yesterday charged it fully with my battery only charger, turned on this morning at 0630 and no it is 2130 and still have 70% remaining and moderate use today,
    06-04-10 08:30 PM
    I'm with you bro. I have no idea how guys get such amazing battery life. I have done all the battery "saving" settings, i have no random apps running while the phone is not in use, but with heavy BBM usage/ emails/ Facebook I average about 15% an hour. If I make a phone call, forget about it, it can be as high as 25% an hour. I regularly have to throw my S2 on the charger at least once a day.
    06-04-10 10:52 PM
    There are many factors to having good battery life. Most important is your reception. If you get good reception, you'll have battery life. Factor in other things such as apps running in background and OS version, it can vary quite a bit.
    06-04-10 10:57 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD