Okay the other day I was working out in the yard and got bit by a fireant. For those who don't know it's a tiny ant that injects a little bit of venom into you.

Anyways two days go by and now my ankle / foot is so swollen I had to go to the hospital. Those damn little ants pack a huge punch haha. Here is a pic I snapped before I went to the hospital. For those who can't see the swelling just look at the ankle bones then you can really tell lol.

02-12-09 01:06 AM
    Ouch

Nothing some tequila won't fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 01:53 AM
    Ouch

Nothing some tequila won't fix.

Haha alcohol fixes everything.
    02-12-09 01:55 AM
    Ouch man

02-12-09 02:29 AM
    Ouch man

Yeah who would have thought a little tiny ant could make your ankle / foot swell up like a balloon.
    02-12-09 02:37 AM
    WTF!!!!
    That is some crazy shiat!

Drink alot, and I will be drinking alot for you.
    02-12-09 03:13 AM
    Whelp, I'm back to report that I think my ankle is about as swollen as it's going to get lol. I have no more skin left to expand.

The doctors said to expect more swelling but it looks like I have a beach ball for a foot.
    02-12-09 03:34 AM
    icky..and ouch! hope the swelling starts going down soon. Did the dr give you anything for it?
    02-12-09 03:36 AM
    icky..and ouch! hope the swelling starts going down soon. Did the dr give you anything for it?
    Thanks, me too haha.

Yeah he gave me some antibiotics, but he said that depending on how fast/slow they start to work I may have to go back today and have them cut open my ankle to release the build up. All this because of a little tiny ant. It still amazes me
    02-12-09 03:49 AM
    I just know that is not some guys feet on here. OMG
    02-12-09 04:04 AM
    I just know that is not some guys feet on here. OMG
    Yep they're feet! Most of us have them. And those who don't, I'm sure wish they did.
    02-12-09 04:22 AM
    I hate those little buggers, fell on some when I was a kid.
    02-12-09 08:23 PM
    That will buff out..

I hope they checked your tetanus status too!

Did they mention that with that kind of reaction ONCE... your chance of having a worse one NEXT time MIGHT be greater?

Keep your foot ELEVATED !

Good luck!
    02-12-09 09:34 PM
    Whelp, I'm back to report that I think my ankle is about as swollen as it's going to get lol. I have no more skin left to expand.

The doctors said to expect more swelling but it looks like I have a beach ball for a foot.
    A beach ball for a foot...thats awesome!
    02-13-09 12:20 AM
    I just hate that such little things have such power against us. Google jack jumper ant. It will make you feel better or atleast thankfull that you ran into a fire ant and not one of those mean buggers.
    02-13-09 08:12 AM
    Here in Texas, those suckers build mounds overnight. One night your lawn is nice and beautiful, the next day it looks like the Huns have invaded and setup forts all over the lawn. Kill a mound, it'll spring right back up a few feet away.

There is not real cure for fire ants. If you think they're off your lawn, its because they've moved next door, lol.
    02-13-09 10:28 PM
    lol wow ... thats pretty bad. I was the kid that kicked the mounds and had hundred on my legs going to town ... But I never had a reaction like that ... ewww
    02-13-09 10:47 PM
    02-14-09 01:59 AM
    damn, you got little feet.
    02-14-09 02:31 AM
    Wont antibiotics & some Neosporin clear that up?
    02-14-09 02:38 AM
    Well 2 trips to the hospital and going on 5 painful days I noticed a little less swelling today. That was short lived though, it's now back to being majorly swollen. It's to the point where I can't walk on it because my joints hurt so bad. The doctors have me on like 5 different pills for inflammatory, antibiotics, pain etc. They gave me 5 days bed rest lol. They said if it's not better soon they will have to cut it open.

I used to let ants go, I would never kill them. I figured ehh they don't bother me I wont bother them. From now on though I'm killing everyone I see lol. I don't even care if their fireants or not. Sitting in bed for 5 days makes you go crazy.
    02-14-09 03:10 AM
    I hate those things. SW Florida has them pretty bad. I owned a pool cleaning business down there and there was nothing worse than stepping into a mound of those bad boys. I think you may have gotten the one that has never had the taste of human flesh and he went to town on you! Fire ant powder smells bad but is rather effective. I used to pour Muratic (sp) acid on the mounds I came across while doing pools. Grass turned brown but they were dead!

02-14-09 10:23 AM
    Well 2 trips to the hospital and going on 5 painful days I noticed a little less swelling today. That was short lived though, it's now back to being majorly swollen. It's to the point where I can't walk on it because my joints hurt so bad. The doctors have me on like 5 different pills for inflammatory, antibiotics, pain etc. They gave me 5 days bed rest lol. They said if it's not better soon they will have to cut it open.

I used to let ants go, I would never kill them. I figured ehh they don't bother me I wont bother them. From now on though I'm killing everyone I see lol. I don't even care if their fireants or not. Sitting in bed for 5 days makes you go crazy.
    Jeebus dude! I've never been bitten by any type of ant, but I don't like them anyway. Hope things are better soon for ya!
    02-14-09 03:48 PM
    Dude if 1 fireant did that you better be glad 2 or 3 didnt bite you. My little girl got bit by like 20 the other day but didnt have a reaction like that.
    02-16-09 05:40 PM
    Oof. Hope it clears up soon, man. Get some Raid and pwn 'em back!
    02-17-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD