Hello all.

I am new to this updating of BB firmware, so I'm rather hesitant to take any action without speaking with you all first. I got the original BB Storm a week after it came out, then subsequently did leaked updates of .75, .83, & .85. I am finding my phone to actually have more errors than I had previously experienced, many of which have to do with freezing and needing to do a battery pull to restart. This is highly frustrating.

I am considering doing a full wipe and trying to reload .85, and if that doesn't work, downgrading to .75. Can someone give me directions on taking either of these actions?

Thank you
    12-30-08 02:41 PM
    Check the main How-to forum for a step by step guide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 02:46 PM
    12-30-08 02:49 PM
    When should you wipe your device? I upgraded to .85 and not happy with it. Is it safe to do a wipe now?
    Thanks
    12-30-08 06:08 PM
    When should you wipe your device? I upgraded to .85 and not happy with it. Is it safe to do a wipe now?
    Thanks
    You can wipe whenever you want, there is no unsafe time.
    Just make sure you have a recent backup and the OS you want to install after the wipe loaded and ready to go on your pc.
    12-30-08 06:22 PM
    I couldn't wipe my Storm with JL_Cmdr. Tried multiple times but it didn't work. Does the CrackMem program work just as well? I was thinking of giving that a try. Currently my Storm seems to have settled down and has been error free with 0.85 for the last 2 days so I may not do anything now. However, I do want an option for wipe which I assume I'll need to do somewhere along the line.
    12-30-08 08:03 PM
    You can wipe whenever you want, there is no unsafe time.
    Just make sure you have a recent backup and the OS you want to install after the wipe loaded and ready to go on your pc.
    I'm having trouble with the locating of the OS. All roads seem to lead back to VZW which only has the updates. I'm afraid to wipe my BB without assuring that I have an OS that I can reinstall. Any suggestions?
    07-16-11 05:50 PM
    I'm having trouble with the locating of the OS. All roads seem to lead back to VZW which only has the updates. I'm afraid to wipe my BB without assuring that I have an OS that I can reinstall. Any suggestions?
    You can download the most recent "official" (not Verizon) OS directly from Blackberry. People seem to like this OS. or you can get a much earlier verison from the VerizonWireless site. See the link for the Blackberry site.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E77FBF2B7088AE

You can read a little about this OS at the following link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/storm-o...asktel-623475/
    Last edited by DJM1947; 07-16-11 at 09:57 PM.
    10 too many likes this.
    07-16-11 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD